X-Men '97

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still don’t know where that demon owl came from
Forge.

While in the army, Forge served in the Vietnam War. After rising in the ranks to become a sergeant, he was asked to join S.H.I.E.L.D.[volume & issue needed] Forge declines, seeing his need is in Vietnam. During his second tour of duty in the war, his comrades are killed by enemy troops. In anger, he uses their spirits to summon a band of demons to destroy the opposition. Forge, concerned about his former comrades, decides to order a B-52 bombing on his position to close the portal from the world of the unliving. The bombs destroy the spirits, but he is injured as well, losing his right leg and right hand. This action allows the demon called the Adversary to come to Earth. After this, Forge is hesitant to employ his mystical abilities.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good episode despite not being a big fan of the Shi’ar people (Gladiator though >>>) I just thought the two stories kinda undercut each other. We never really had a lot of time with Storm navigating her journey without her powers. The transformation was dope but the impact didn’t hit like they intended. Her story has felt disjointed.

Professor X’ return should’ve been its own episode. There was so much going with on, not just Charles return but he’s getting married, he’s not wanted, they want him to forget his past life and he’s having a cosmic school session. It’s a lot.

I didnt give a damn about the Shiar empire then,and I still dont now:mjlol:

I know this is a continuation,but that story line was a waste of time back then too. Quite frankly was anybody even missing Xavier. I know how important he is,but he literally never did anything memorable other than pass out in the last series:mjlol:

This series seems to not understand that cartoons have gotten far better with continuity since the 90's. The show was all over the place back in the day too. But it would be nice if they kept up with the times and gave us a concrete storyline and let us know what we are building up too. So far from what im gathering its "something something Sentinels"

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Man this show just goes from one “hype” moment to the next to get that social media buzz going. This pacing is all over the fukkin place. I still don’t know where that demon owl came from, deathbird was wasted, and they are jamming arcs in. That cable cameo was fukkin stupid.

Y’all can fall for the nostalgia bait but pacing and storytelling for this is mid at best. I’m not even gonna go into the close ups and quick cuts to hide the shyt animation.
Nah, I didn't grow up with the '90s show and was never a huge X-Men fan, so I don't have any "nostalgia" for this show but it's amazing. Your opinion is in the minority. Also, the animation on this show is great, I don't know what you're talking about.

The pacing is a fair criticism but even that doesn't diminish the greatness of the show. Also, the owl ("The Adversary") is a supposed to represent Storm's inner demons and is a character from the comics.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Show me that in the show. No foreshadowing whatsoever. Forge appears out of nowhere, storm just forces her powers back. :mindblown:

Imagine in breaking bad jesse if Salamanca just gets up out of his wheelchair to shoot Gus. Storm and Forge’s whole arc makes no sense narratively. It’s only there to create a romance because everyone else is on the rocks.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Show me that in the show. No foreshadowing whatsoever. Forge appears out of nowhere, storm just forces her powers back. :mindblown:

Imagine in breaking bad jesse if Salamanca just gets up out of his wheelchair to shoot Gus. Storm and Forge’s whole arc makes no sense narratively. It’s only there to create a romance because everyone else is on the rocks.
Lowkey Forge been foretold since the original run when only he and Wolverine were alive in the future. They always hinted at a dark future in the original show…. Now we’re seeing how it happened.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Professor X only saw Gambit in that vision, not Magneto.

So that confirms that Magneto is still alive
Yes one would think magneto would be the one he noticed

forge was in like 4 diff seasons of the old show. Cable too was in every season. They never explained who forge was ever. Cable neither. Only hints. Like that cable knows who xmen are but only jean and cyclopse. Because… well. We will see.

puggle

Superstar
Daps
Character Design Difference of TAS vs '97

such-a-difference-v0-68bfb1cf96vc1.jpeg
97’s animation house did a really good job in keeping in line with the character bible every episode. I can see why people thought it was computer animated when they released the first trailer.

Give Jean Grey her Jim Lee hair back :mjcry:that ponytail look is pure:unimpressed: