X-Men '97

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Are they desperate to try to make cyclops seem cool like certain coli posters are?
(which is impossible because you can't see his face, but he also doesn't have a cool helmet or mask. Meaning he can't be on some darth vader shyt, but he also can't show his face like a leading man or hollywood star would want with a character like superman. literally designed to be forever corny no matter how the comics write him)
Lets be real... the main reason cyclops got shytted on by alot of fans is because wolverine was arguably the most popular x men and cyclops and wolvy were aways at odds over jean grey

If wolverine wasnt in the picture, peoples opinions of cyclops would be totally different

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Lets be real... the main reason cyclops got shytted on by alot of fans is because wolverine was arguably the most popular x men and cyclops and wolvy were aways at odds over jean grey

If wolverine wasnt in the picture, peoples opinions of cyclops would be totally different
Nah, cyclops wasn't moving unit even before wolverine came into the picture. X-men would've been guardians status, (pre james gunn) if not for wolverine.
People wouldn't shyt on cyclops, they just wouldn't know who tf he is if wolverine was out of the picture.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Nah, cyclops wasn't moving unit even before wolverine came into the picture. X-men would've been guardians status, (pre james gunn) if not for wolverine.
People wouldn't shyt on cyclops, they just wouldn't know who tf he is if wolverine was out of the picture.
I agree
I aint denying wolverine increased the xmen popularity 10 fold.... but the love triangle definatly turned people on cyclops

Even if wolvy was in the team on the cartoon , and never interested in jean, and him and cyclops were cool... cyclops would be seen in a different light

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I thought Cyclops was kinda lame but I did like his powers until I heard the eye beams are more like mass force instead of like heat vision or or lasers. Then I thought he was completely lame.
That's mad gay but didn't they retcon that? Because I swear this nıgga evaporate a nıgga in the comics. Plus I think that all the Summer dudes have some type of energy projection including Gambit (Stepbrother).

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Wolverine and Gambit really. They were the more edgier mutants to balance out square ass Cyclops and Bobby Drake. Gambit was also initially a villain so if they went that route in cinema, I would prefer the X Men vs Morlocks before the turn and intro into Sinister.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That's mad gay but didn't they retcon that? Because I swear this nıgga evaporate a nıgga in the comics. Plus I think that all the Summer dudes have some type of energy projection including Gambit (Stepbrother).
I stopped collecting in the 90s. And I heard that in the 80s so I'm the wrong one to ask.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

A ton of new info was released at comic con it seems

Some cliffs I took away from it that might have already been known but I didn't know for those who don't want to click;

- The most important one is that Jean is pregnant in the series, like the video says, interesting to figure out which child she's pregnant with, or both. Either child she has can significant change the plotline of season 2 or future iterations of this team. My speculation is that this team will be imported to the MCU so I think it'll be rachel since cable is already coming in by way of deadpool 3

- Magneto's leading the team officially

- Morph and Bishop will officially be in the core roster, not a big fan of the Morph inclusion per se but I'm down with Bishop

- Mr. Sinister is the main villain of the first arc

- Season 1 is already complete and is in post production, however the writer's guild strike could affect the production of season 2

If true, I like this version of Cyclops post Xaviers whining bıtch ass. He's a little more edgier and will blast a nıgga in a minute. Perhaps we'll even jump right into the Age of Apocalypse where he turns evil and maybe Frank Richards or Nate Grey will create a new universe.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
This is cool and will always be
8531249-2047800004-6c9ff7df71251e1ee5f6dc7ab888ed5efb77d90a.gifv

main-qimg-53cd04ec24985fc96c00dc0f3124cc62

This is corny and will always be
star-trek-visor.gif

ai-yi-yi-power-rangers.gif

4981166069b483bb90635f589e2a8a9ab32885e9.gif

@Batsute :umad:

CyGawd living in ya head rent free to come back and tag me in that 4 months later. :wow:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Are they desperate to try to make cyclops seem cool like certain coli posters are?
(which is impossible because you can't see his face, but he also doesn't have a cool helmet or mask. Meaning he can't be on some darth vader shyt, but he also can't show his face like a leading man or hollywood star would want with a character like superman. literally designed to be forever corny no matter how the comics write him)
I think you might have single handedly ruined Cyclops for me. I read that and thought "No way, Pepe Larraz had him looking cool as fukk." Then googled it and... he's looking just a little bit doofier today than he did yesterday :lupe:

6mbb2kfqtj861.jpg

279.jpg

The Captain Krakoa design wasn't helping either.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think you might have single handedly ruined Cyclops for me. I read that and thought "No way, Pepe Larraz had him looking cool as fukk." Then googled it and... he's looking just a little bit doofier today than he did yesterday :lupe:

6mbb2kfqtj861.jpg

279.jpg

The Captain Krakoa design wasn't helping either.

That design looks dope to me.