X-Men '97

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
A few more flops and hollywood will abandon superhero movies for video game movies.
Gonna have to change my screen name to Marcus from Watchdogs 2.
You are dillusional dude. They BEEN making video game movies and finally got one that reached a billion. This isn't a new wave of any kind. This ain't even the first Mario Bros. movie.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't really believe that do you? lol

The MCU’s been looking flabby and sick for a minute since Endgame.

If Disney/Marvel don’t come correct with X-men/Fantastic Four, I could see video game movies taking over Hollywood for the next several years.

DC needs to step it up too. James Gunn better not miss :ufdup:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Being that you a$$holes told me Wolverine was midget with anger issues. And my hatred of Cyclops was attributed to Wolverine hating him. I wonder how I’m gonna view this dynamic

Man I used to think Cyclops was a bytch but being an adult now. I get it

Not only was Wolverine insubordinate. He was trying to take Scott bytch.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The MCU’s been looking flabby and sick for a minute since Endgame.

If Disney/Marvel don’t come correct with X-men/Fantastic Four, I could see video game movies taking over Hollywood for the next several years.

DC needs to step it up too. James Gunn better not miss :ufdup:
Really? They been making video game movies tho. This ain't even the first Mario Bros. movie. Why haven't they taken over already?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really? They been making video game movies tho. This ain't even the first Mario Bros. movie. Why haven't they taken over already?

I get where you’re coming from. The thing we have to realize though is that video game movies as a whole were mostly hot garbage in the 90s.
Mortal Kombat gets its props and that’s where it stops.

You had comic book movies back in the 80s and 90s, but great comic book movies weren’t common because studios weren’t sold on the concept yet.
TMNT and Batman did their thing, but then Batman and Robin killed the genre for several years until Blade/X-men/Spider-man got people interested.

Cats used to think that westerns would rule cinema forever, and that got phased out eventually. Superhero movies are riding high right now, and and unlikely to disappear completely…

…but I don’t think they’re gonna dominate Hollywood forever the way they’ve been doing all throughout the 2010s. Sooner or later audiences are going to start looking for something different.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I get where you’re coming from. The thing we have to realize though is that video game movies as a whole were mostly hot garbage in the 90s.
Mortal Kombat gets its props and that’s where it stops.

You had comic book movies back in the 80s and 90s, but great comic book movies weren’t common because studios weren’t sold on the concept yet.
TMNT and Batman did their thing, but then Batman and Robin killed the genre for several years until Blade/X-men/Spider-man got people interested.

Cats used to think that westerns would rule cinema forever, and that got phased out eventually. Superhero movies are riding high right now, and and unlikely to disappear completely…

…but I don’t think they’re gonna dominate Hollywood forever the way they’ve been doing all throughout the 2010s. Sooner or later audiences are going to start looking for something different.
Totally agree about superhero fair I just don't think video game movies are going to be the one to dethrone them. It's not new or fresh, it's actually quite old they just hit a lick with Super Mario since it spans so many generations. Not many video games fall in Mario Bros. territory. Like I heard Illumination in planning Legend of Zelda after Super Mario Bros. Does that have the following/popularity of Super Mario? Not even close IMO.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Being that you a$$holes told me Wolverine was midget with anger issues. And my hatred of Cyclops was attributed to Wolverine hating him. I wonder how I’m gonna view this dynamic

Man I used to think Cyclops was a bytch but being an adult now. I get it

Not only was Wolverine insubordinate. He was trying to take Scott bytch.

9293e6ca22b3e028d3693ed1776346c97467da78.gif

4981166069b483bb90635f589e2a8a9ab32885e9.gif

FUKKIN RIGHT

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

A ton of new info was released at comic con it seems

Some cliffs I took away from it that might have already been known but I didn't know for those who don't want to click;

- The most important one is that Jean is pregnant in the series, like the video says, interesting to figure out which child she's pregnant with, or both. Either child she has can significant change the plotline of season 2 or future iterations of this team. My speculation is that this team will be imported to the MCU so I think it'll be rachel since cable is already coming in by way of deadpool 3

- Magneto's leading the team officially

- Morph and Bishop will officially be in the core roster, not a big fan of the Morph inclusion per se but I'm down with Bishop

- Mr. Sinister is the main villain of the first arc

- Season 1 is already complete and is in post production, however the writer's guild strike could affect the production of season 2