X-Men '97

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I know what you're getting at, but I'm going to counter a bit:

Kitty & Jubes can be great characters with the right writers (and that's independent of their relationships with Logan) but their relationships with Logan work so well because it's a dynamic you don't get out of Wolverine without those specific characters.

Kitty's a tremendous character with plenty of good stories and arcs, but her being the child and new recruit of the X-Men and Wolverine feeling a need to fill a protector role made for a great dynamic for a character that's been this fighting-his-berserker-rage killer. She crushed on Peter, Kurt weirded her out, Storm was a mother figure, she called Chuck a jerk, etc... and those are the kind of character dynamics you get in well written team books where everyone bounces off each other in different ways and those relationships build both characters in the process. And it allows for classic moments like Nightcrawler and Wolverine taking Colossus out for a talking to after he breaks Kitty's heart.

Jubilee's first real act (besides sneaking back to Australia following the X-Men from the mall) was saving Wolverine from being crucified and nursing him back from near death and insanity which bonded them forever. The main issue why Jubes didn't get the fleshing out many other characters did is them axing Claremont relatively shortly after her debuting and later writers kind of putting her on the back burner (although Hama used her well on Wolverine's solo title). They really only used her w/ Logan and ultimately shoved her aside to Gen X once Wolvy left the team where she kind of just drifted as is until, what, becoming a vampire? But reread what Jubilee's doing in those issues saving Wolverine from the Hand and rescuing the X-Men from the Skrulls. She was bad ass from the jump but fumbled afterwards.
I getchu man i meant more like from nowhere these characters came. You have no reason to like them.kitty in particular a random young girl. Really vanilla. He gives you a reason with the arcs. Then they develop from there. Hes like a spotlight for lesser characters who most people would not care about. Like we as comic fans may “like” kitty pryde but ya avg wolverine fan wouldny until paired with him.

Nightcrawler less so. But developing these relationships between him and others helps spotlight. Thats what i meant to say i like jubilee more as a look and character but kitty pryde had better arcs tor sure.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I getchu man i meant more like from nowhere these characters came. You have no reason to like them. He gives you a reason with the arcs. Then they develop from there. Hes like a spotlight for lesser characters who most people would not care about. Like we as comic fans may “like” kitty pryde but ya avg wolverine fan wouldny until paired with him.
That's why I said I get what you mean. I just wanted to highlight that, just because these characters fit great in supporting roles (and, as you said, that may be the role you come to know & like them), they're not sidekicks by any means.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder when mystique is going to stop pretending to be that politician lady :patrice:

Yeah. Prior to this episode I wasn't buying everyone thinking Val was Mystique just because she was a prominent new female character, but the way they had Rogue specifically not name Mystique in her flashback (even though, in show cannon, that would have been the form she took but she knows it's Mystique now since Season 1) and then Val's "What did she say?" reaction to hearing Rogue was possibly co-ruling Genosha has me fully backing that theory.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah. Prior to this episode I wasn't buying everyone thinking Val was Mystique just because she was a prominent new female character, but the way they had Rogue specifically not name Mystique in her flashback (even though, in show cannon, that would have been the form she took but she knows it's Mystique now since Season 1) and then Val's "What did she say?" reaction to hearing Rogue was possibly co-ruling Genosha has me fully backing that theory.

but Valerie Cooper is canon in the comics she was the govt liason of X-factor...:patrice:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but Valerie Cooper is canon in the comics she was the govt liason of X-factor...:patrice:
Exactly & that's why at first I thought it was legit Val and people were that were guessing it was Mystique were just doing so b/c it's a new reoccurring female figure and Mystique's MIA so that must be her.

But, like I said, check her reactions to both being told Rogue was possibly the new Genoshan queen and when Rogue & Mags are air dancing. Are those the reactions of a government rep seeing the new mutant political power couple or a mom having reservations about who she sent her daughter off to years ago?

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I was just watching some old episodes from the original X-Men cartoon and I forgot that Rogue called this cac a peckerwood:laff::laff::laff:
Btw the episode is the 2-parter "Time Fugitives" where Cable comes back to stop the virus

He says he knows about Cyclops and Jean when goin over the character bios

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Exactly & that's why at first I thought it was legit Val and people were that were guessing it was Mystique were just doing so b/c it's a new reoccurring female figure and Mystique's MIA so that must be her.

But, like I said, check her reactions to both being told Rogue was possibly the new Genoshan queen and when Rogue & Mags are air dancing. Are those the reactions of a government rep seeing the new mutant political power couple or a mom having reservations about who she sent her daughter off to years ago?

:patrice: idk....what to think anymore... this show going left with everything in the comics real quick...I dont remember magneto or gambit being killed in the genosha attack.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: idk....what to think anymore... this show going left with everything in the comics real quick...I dont remember magneto or gambit being killed in the genosha attack.
You're never going to have 1 to 1 adaptations in the show b/c it's foundations are most the 91 X-Men line-up going through mostly the 70s-90s Claremont stories. So line-ups and stories are shuffled and remixed, but if you do a proper adaptation they can still convey the essence of the original story and be fresh and not just a rehash.

Also, I loved it being Gambit in this martyr role b/c saving the Morlocks in this show canon is a kind of character redemption for what he did to the Morlocks in comics canon. Also he saved the girl that just rejected him never knowing that she ultimately chose him after all.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Episode 7 is titled "Bright Eyes". Guess which character has "bright eyes"? You know what that means :sas2: