Daps

MESZ3HL_o.png
"I brought you into this world, I can take you out!"

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
An entire generation really thinks Wolverine is a cheat code like he doesnt get handled regularly. :heh: Do you have any idea what Stryfe, Cassandra Nova, Bastion, or even Apocalypse or Nimrod would do to Wolverine dolo?

Wolverine can’t even handle sabretooth on his own :deadrose:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Hold on...we hate Wolverine because FOX shoved the most popular character down our throats to the point where the characters usage was a turn off to the fans??

I'm ok with him not being the focal point but we ain't throwing Logan in the bushes just because we saw animated Exodus :stopitslime:
Something tells me even if they lessening the roll, wolcerine will have a huge moment by the end. He already deaded master mold in ep 1. But seeing him back to back with nightcrawler all fukked up tells me thats gon be the wolverine buddy ep. Which is dope because the wolverine/lesser xman teamups are some of the best. Teaming up with wolverine makes ya character immortal. Noone cares about jubilee or kitty pryde. But because had arcs with him theyre set in stone as characters.

Gonna be nice seeing the nightcrawler/wolverine dynamic. Still need collosus tho.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hold on...we hate Wolverine because FOX shoved the most popular character down our throats to the point where the characters usage was a turn off to the fans??

I'm ok with him not being the focal point but we ain't throwing Logan in the bushes just because we saw animated Exodus :stopitslime:
Yeah Wolverine got completely cut out. I understand putting the focus elsewhere but so far he has been a bit player.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which is dope because the wolverine/lesser xman teamups are some of the best. Teaming up with wolverine makes ya character immortal. Noone cares about jubilee or kitty pryde. But because had arcs with him theyre set in stone as characters.

I know what you're getting at, but I'm going to counter a bit:

Kitty & Jubes can be great characters with the right writers (and that's independent of their relationships with Logan) but their relationships with Logan work so well because it's a dynamic you don't get out of Wolverine without those specific characters.

Kitty's a tremendous character with plenty of good stories and arcs, but her being the child and new recruit of the X-Men and Wolverine feeling a need to fill a protector role made for a great dynamic for a character that's been this fighting-his-berserker-rage killer. She crushed on Peter, Kurt weirded her out, Storm was a mother figure, she called Chuck a jerk, etc... and those are the kind of character dynamics you get in well written team books where everyone bounces off each other in different ways and those relationships build both characters in the process. And it allows for classic moments like Nightcrawler and Wolverine taking Colossus out for a talking to after he breaks Kitty's heart.

Jubilee's first real act (besides sneaking back to Australia following the X-Men from the mall) was saving Wolverine from being crucified and nursing him back from near death and insanity which bonded them forever. The main issue why Jubes didn't get the fleshing out many other characters did is them axing Claremont relatively shortly after her debuting and later writers kind of putting her on the back burner (although Hama used her well on Wolverine's solo title). They really only used her w/ Logan and ultimately shoved her aside to Gen X once Wolvy left the team where she kind of just drifted as is until, what, becoming a vampire? But reread what Jubilee's doing in those issues saving Wolverine from the Hand and rescuing the X-Men from the Skrulls. She was bad ass from the jump but fumbled afterwards.