X-Men '97

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Lets be real, the Madelyn Pryor arc in the comics was not a great story. I'm happy with the way they interpreted it for the show, and I'm glad they wrapped it up in one episode.
There's only 10 episodes this season; There's better stories for them to move on to now.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Lets be real, the Madelyn Pryor arc in the comics was not a great story. I'm happy with the way they interpreted it for the show, and I'm glad they wrapped it up in one episode.
There's only 10 episodes this season; There's better stories for them to move on to now.
On top of the fact characters in animation aren’t in the place they were in the comics, a bunch of those X men stories were bloated and convoluted full of retcons and crossovers.

I’m glad we aren’t spending time on long arcs. I think most of to major arcs have already been done in the 92 version.

I would love for Stryfe to show but also, Stryfe ain’t a great villain.

Last edited:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think we will get a reveal because as far as I know Cyclops still doesn't kniw Cable is his son in the comics. I could be wrong cause I stopped reading and being fully immersed in the comics in 2000.....that was 24 years ago..... a lot has happened. But from the wikipedia articles I read, it doesn't seem like it.

Plus all this source material is from all the comics up to 2000.

No they didn't as far as I know. That was the whole reason they separated. Cable got the virus and had to get taken to the future. It wasn't Bishop like in the show.... think it was the Shi'ar

Uncanny 310 in 1993:

ebxekk7wbho71.jpg

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I'm look back at old scans and I knew I wasn't crazy....Scott straight up abandons Maddie and Nathan after Jean comes back. Maddie almost dies after Sinister attacks her and kidnaps Nathan. Scott leaving his family gave Sinister the opportunity to attack. His lil brother Havok even blamed Scott for her going crazy. This nikka ran to another city to hang out with his friends and lied to Jean about being to her clone. Madelyn found out about them watching tv :russ: no wonder this bytch went to hell and came back a demon queen, and fukked his brother :dead:

I forgot how much of a soap opera these 80s90s comics could be. fukk scott:umad:weak "i can't be a part of this decision" ass. At least him abandoning his family is still canon. I hope we get to Emma:steviej:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved the sinister scenes. Psychological behind the scenes creep king fukking with people. No idea what kind of freak shyt he had morph doing to turn him out and give him that level of PTSD. He still remembered where the crib was all this time i never bothered to mail a nuke there he so tortured

:russ:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I was reading up on it and it is a clash between the creatives and the suits. The creatives want to create multipart stories to bring depth, but the suits want self contained episodes. So this is where you get rushed storylines.... there is give and take. It appears they are going to intertwine longer storylines but still provide the self conta8ned episode aspect for some episodes. The upcoming episode is a 2 parter.
Also, the season finale is a 3-episode arc.

:dead: the insinuation was wild
Morph wants some of Wolverine's adamantium
full

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm look back at old scans and I knew I wasn't crazy....Scott straight up abandons Maddie and Nathan after Jean comes back. Maddie almost dies after Sinister attacks her and kidnaps Nathan. Scott leaving his family gave Sinister the opportunity to attack. His lil brother Havok even blamed Scott for her going crazy. This nikka ran to another city to hang out with his friends and lied to Jean about being to her clone. Madelyn found out about them watching tv :russ: no wonder this bytch went to hell and came back a demon queen, and fukked his brother :dead:

I forgot how much of a soap opera these 80s90s comics could be. fukk scott:umad:weak "i can't be a part of this decision" ass. At least him abandoning his family is still canon. I hope we get to Emma:steviej:
That is why I keep my foot on dead beat Cyclops neck

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Reminder that part of Cyclops decision was editorial wanted to make a Ghostbusters rip-off book w/ the founding 5 X-Men members so he had to leave Maddy for that nonsense once they decided on bringing Jean back (originally the 5th was going to be Dazzler). It only lasted 5 issues before Weezy took over and, working with Claremont, they worked together to reclaim & rebuild the characters from what other people did.

Louise Simonson on Cyclops' characterization
"He had been turned into somebody that he wasn't. He had simply abandoned his wife and child to join this other team and be with his old girlfriend without any guilt or soul-searching. That was nonsense! You'd think he'd at least call his wife. We spent the next three years kind of putting Cyclops back where he belonged. It was one of those things where the editorial realities were having an influence on the fantasy world the characters inhabited, making them behave in ways that weren't right. I think everybody hoped I could help Chris straighten it out and we did straighten it out in the end."

DeFalco, Tom. Comic Creators on X-Men. London: Titan Books, 2006. p144