X-Men '97

Daps
That's some shyt. I wonder how far they gonna take it. Like down the line will we see Nathan Summers too, Stryfe etc
I don't think we will get a reveal because as far as I know Cyclops still doesn't kniw Cable is his son in the comics. I could be wrong cause I stopped reading and being fully immersed in the comics in 2000.....that was 24 years ago..... a lot has happened. But from the wikipedia articles I read, it doesn't seem like it.

Plus all this source material is from all the comics up to 2000.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
1st episode was dope.
Kept it cartoony enough and had everyone's character down.

Daps
I binged watched the original 5 seasons of the original series this week before watching the new one...... The amount of forshadowing and the topics that were brought up baxk then amd how relevant they are now........ probably not the first time in human history that behaviors repeat themselves.

As an aside I didn't realize how self centred, arrogant, egotistical, condescending, and dismissive Professor X was..... man really has a superiority complex.

Daps
The original series had 13 episodes in the 1st season so I guess they are forced to speed things up
I was reading up on it and it is a clash between the creatives and the suits. The creatives want to create multipart stories to bring depth, but the suits want self contained episodes. So this is where you get rushed storylines.... there is give and take. It appears they are going to intertwine longer storylines but still provide the self conta8ned episode aspect for some episodes. The upcoming episode is a 2 parter.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I was reading up on it and it is a clash between the creatives and the suits. The creatives want to create multipart stories to bring depth, but the suits want self contained episodes. So this is where you get rushed storylines.... there is give and take. It appears they are going to intertwine longer storylines but still provide the self conta8ned episode aspect for some episodes. The upcoming episode is a 2 parter.
Yea I remember the original had overarching story arcs but had self-contained episodes weaved in there

Like when Prof X and Magneto went to the Savage Land while the X-Men had to deal with other shyt

Daps
This episode is weak as hell.

They got Sunspot sitting in there for the Jean reveal as if he didn't leave 2 episodes ago. Now he in the room for what is supposed to be one of the most emotional moments of the X Mens lives? :mjtf:

Then the way everybody IMMEDIATELY turns on Fake Jean. Scott wasn't even conflicted :dahell:

Then they got Madeline Pryor changing into a different costume like this is an anime. :wtf:

Then they got Magneto telling Wolverine to stay behind and Wolverine is like :yeshrug: okay

This isn't even Wolverine's personality from the old cartoon. He is a totally different person. :dahell:

Then they got Morph sneaking up on Wolverine while he is butt naked, this is the fxggotry we TOLD yall was gonna happen and all of yall said we were wrong. :ufdup:

Then they got Bishop taking Nate to the future when it's supposed to be Rachel (I read the comics, I know what's supposed to happen :ufdup:)

And then they even got Sinister infecting Nathan when I thought Apocalypse did that (I admit my memory is hazy on this part, I could be wrong)

Then they speed rush through what could have been an incredible story and really could have been fleshed out over the season in one episode. :snoop:

Only good thing to come out of this episode is Cyclops is back to looking weak. That part was canon :ehh:

And PS

They gon have to do something about these voices :dahell:

We overlooked them for the first couple episodes cause of nostalgia but this is getting terrible quick. Magneto, Xavier, Wolverine especially :dahell:

This is going downhill fast. Disney gon Disney :francis:

Last edited:

Ridge Forrester

All Star
Daps
They covered a lot in one episode (I thought it would take at least 2), but overall, it was another fun episode. I'm not sure we'll know for sure when Jean was cloned, though I suspect it was some time in Season 4.

With Bishop gone, now's the time to add Colossus on the roster as a full-time member.

And Logan and Morph just need to get on with it and fukk already. We all know they both want it. :manny:

She might not have her powers, but they shouldn't have taken Storm out of the opening. :martin:

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show could definitely benefit from and additional ten to fifteen episodes a la Young Justice. That would allow more of a build up with some of the characters and storylines. If there's one major complaint, it's that they are moving at a breakneck pace. Which is understandable because it's only a ten-episode season.

Hopefully season 2 is ATLEAST extended to fifteen episodes, but twenty episodes would be ideal imo.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think we will get a reveal because as far as I know Cyclops still doesn't kniw Cable is his son in the comics. I could be wrong cause I stopped reading and being fully immersed in the comics in 2000.....that was 24 years ago..... a lot has happened. But from the wikipedia articles I read, it doesn't seem like it.

Plus all this source material is from all the comics up to 2000.
:russ:
They Made that reveal like more then 20 years now.

Hell Cyclops and Jean raised him in some bullshyt body swapping story.