WWE SummerSlam 8.19.18 "Lesnar vs Reigns IV, Let The Coronation Begin"

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Hmm, maybe the problem is the PPV was too long for me, in my head Ziggler Rollins might as well have been a pre-show match.

Even counting that, I did enjoy those three matches but I enjoyed four matches on Takeover too.

The duration of the show definitely plays a factor but even then nothing on this card was absolutely terrible if you ask me. :manny:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Outside the tag match fukk finish, none of the other fukk finishes were bad. The fukk? :dahell:

Anyways, how does that make the show bad? You're not even giving an explanation.

Because on PPV matches you want to see a true "someone was better" not "this person won because of this outside variable". Alot of these shyts played out like longer versions of TV matches and were a waste of time.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
What was accomplished?

Were any new stars cemented, 'made' in the traditional Summer Slam sense?

Nope. The card never setup for that to begin with. Still some positives.

Joe AJ went up a level - sets itself up for the fall feud, through Survivor Series I predict.

They got the title off Mella. Becky's chase is underway. Maybe Becky's biggest moment, somewhat made.

The IC title is starting to become Seth's belt. Twice in a year on the biggest stages.

The Universal title is back on RAW, but still not enough singles titles on the show.

Ronda won the title as expected but didn't top or equal her Wrestlemania debut. A wash.

Miz and Daniel Bryan was a decent chapter, didn't feel like the culmination of 8 years.

The pressure is on to get it to Mania with its heat intact. I need some twists.

I like Shinsuke as a heel, but the jury is still out on being a heel champion.

Braun and Finn both won in squash matches but I don't know if they're as hot as they were this time a year ago.

Braun looked like a fool by the end of the main event.

KO will be fine once given a microphone but he needs a character reset.

I'd gladly take a KO Revival alliance. They need eachother.

From Mania to Summer Slam the Cruiserweight Championship is still flat in general interest. That's disappointing.

The tag titles aren't even worth mentioning.

Elias is still in limbo, still entertaining, still over. Surprisingly, but still in Limbo.

6.3/10.

YOLO_JONES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Park Village, Compton CA
WHY THE FUKK DID BRAUN NOT CASH IN BEFORE THE MATCH :mindblown:

He comes out and says he's not a bytch and he's not gonna cash in when a mans down but then says hes gonna cash in RIGHT AFTER THEY FIGHT? IT'S THE SAME SHYT :dahell:

THEN HE GETS HIS BYTCH ASS KICKED DURING THE MATCH WORSE THEN THE OTHER TWO ACTUALLY IN THE MATCH :damn:

WHO THE FUKK IS BOOKING THIS SHYT :dahell:

it was a troll job by Vince... bring out Braun and give his speech to keep asses in the seats and from leaving early and people watching on the network from tuning out. Everyone got their hopes up and was only reason they watched the whole match in its entirety.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
There were 13 matches on the show and only 2 were competitive with a clean pin and one that ended with a heel doing a classic heel thing to steal a win. That’s less than 25% of the show. Big events should have a feeling of conclusion. We watched summer slam from 2002 in here a few weeks ago, and with a much smaller card, we had off the top of my head at least five matches with a clean finish. How do you have both singles titles for one brand end in a dq finish at this event? Looking at that list he gave, it seems like this was basically an unbearably long raw taping minus Stephanie taking 20 minuets of airtime to praise herself and emasculate someone.

Let's take away the pre show matches. They are irrelevant.

Opener - Rollins and Ziggler. Both guys interfered and negated one another. Clean win since Rollins was the one that got distracted and overcame the distraction. Ends the feud.

Match 2 - My biggest gripe on the show tonight since Bludgeon brothers should lose the strap already.

Match 3 - Even though KO shouldn't get squashed like that it was a clean squash. No problems there.

Match 4 - Triple Threat - clean win from CHHHarlotte. Don't see the issue here. Kills the horrible reign and now builds a program with CHHHarlotte and Becky. Win win situation albeit it should be Becky as the face.

Match 5 - AJ and Joe - This fukk finish was fantastic and justifiable. The build for that feud just started and embroiled the blood feud even more with how it ended.
i don't care if this is one of the big PPV's. That ending was necessary to continue the program. Win win here.

Match 6 - Miz and Bryan - Heel tactics from Miz and pins him clean. No problem with this as it continues another blood feud. Perfect!

Match 7 - Squash central with Demon Finn winning. Good! No problem.

Match 8 - Hardy and Naka - Clean average match. Ends the feud.

Match 9 - Clean squash to end the reign of terror. Makes Ronda look strong as she should. No problems here as it ends that feud.

Match 10 - ASAP pins Brock with distraction. I'm not against it. :manny:

Brock is a top billed champion and looked strong in the process and ASAP didn't look like a chump. Just did what he had to do. There you go.

If you count it, that's a bout 7 clean pins. And the squashes were justifiable considering the acts that went over.

I don't see how this played out like a typical Raw. If it was Raw, shyt would of dragged and you would seen a bunch of posters here posting naked pics or gifs of chicks and what not.

Everybody here seemed entertained and into the show for once.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Let's take away the pre show matches. They are irrelevant.

Opener - Rollins and Ziggler. Both guys interfered and negated one another. Clean win since Rollins was the one that got distracted and overcame the distraction. Ends the feud.

Match 2 - My biggest gripe on the show tonight since Bludgeon brothers should lose the strap already.

Match 3 - Even though KO shouldn't get squashed like that it was a clean squash. No problems there.

Match 4 - Triple Threat - clean win from CHHHarlotte. Don't see the issue here. Kills the horrible reign and now builds a program with CHHHarlotte and Becky. Win win situation albeit it should be Becky as the face.

Match 5 - AJ and Joe - This fukk finish was fantastic and justifiable. The build for that feud just started and embroiled the blood feud even more with how it ended.
i don't care if this is one of the big PPV's. That ending was necessary to continue the program. Win win here.

Match 6 - Miz and Bryan - Heel tactics from Miz and pins him clean. No problem with this as it continues another blood feud. Perfect!

Match 7 - Squash central with Demon Finn winning. Good! No problem.

Match 8 - Hardy and Naka - Clean average match. Ends the feud.

Match 9 - Clean squash to end the reign of terror. Makes Ronda look strong as she should. No problems here as it ends that feud.

Match 10 - ASAP pins Brock with distraction. I'm not against it. :manny:

Brock is a top billed champion and looked strong in the process and ASAP didn't look like a chump. Just did what he had to do. There you go.

If you count it, that's a bout 7 clean pins. And the squashes were justifiable considering the acts that went over.

I don't see how this played out like a typical Raw. If it was Raw, shyt would of dragged and you would seen a bunch posters here posting naked pics or gifs of chicks and what not.
Well, I can’t say I watched the show to know how the finishes looked but I figured a few of them had to be satisfying at least. The way the show ended with the bait and switch sounds like one that would’ve had me cancel my account as soon as the show went off the air, and I just don’t want to see squash matches on a pay per view event. Seems kinda anticlimactic to me.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What was the point of Miz cheating to win then? It doesn't elevate Miz, because he cheated. "Oh it sets up a second match". But they did a segment afterwards where Daniel Bryan made no mention of cheating and just playing pity victim like he lost clean. You could not watch that segment and tell he lost by opponent cheating. So it wasn't needed.

Swear some of you came from old TNA PPVs and now salivate at these same finishes because it's WWE doing them instead.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Had to let them know on IG how I felt about their booking and "champion". Posted this comment on their Roman reigns champion pic:

I only recognize one true champion and that's @ajstylesp1 . How you gonna have your WWE championship match between two great wrestlers in Styles and Samoa Joe be before 5 other matches in the middle of the card on the second biggest event of the year? Can't even get the main event or the lead up match, smh. @wwe Please explain that cuz I never saw Austin or The Rock defend the title in any match other than the main event. Soon it'll be on the kickoff show with this company's lack of respect for the wwe championship. Glad I don't watch on a weekly basis and cancelled my network subscription.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
What was the point of Miz cheating to win then? It doesn't elevate Miz, because he cheated. "Oh it sets up a second match". But they did a segment afterwards where Daniel Bryan made no mention of cheating and just playing pity victim like he lost clean. You could not watch that segment and tell he lost by opponent cheating. So it wasn't needed.

Swear some of you came from old TNA PPVs and now salivate at these same finishes because it's WWE doing them instead.

He implied it. He said Miz won the way he always wins. He just never said the word cheating.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Well, I can’t say I watched the show to know how the finishes looked but I figured a few of them had to be satisfying at least. The way the show ended with the bait and switch sounds like one that would’ve had me cancel my account as soon as the show went off the air, and I just don’t want to see squash matches on a pay per view event. Seems kinda anticlimactic to me.

Considering Brock has been strong arming that belt and we haven't had a proper heavyweight title programming for a while, the bait an switch may be a blessing. So It's fine with me at this point. To be honest, Finn and Ronda's squash matches were entertaining as fukk as I got a kick out of it. :mjgrin:

Well, not KO's though :mjcry:

And I figured with these shows being so long now they are going to have more squashes now. Guess it's their way of having the attendees go have a bathroom break.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
So they teased Braun cashing in only to not have it happen so the crowd wouldn’t shyt on the match even more? If they were still on pay per view, this sounds like an event and finish that would have fans calling and demanding refunds. WOAT wrestling promotion.

Nah that was actually a great move by Vince and nem :troll::troll::troll::troll:

Piss you fukkin a$$holes off even more without actually shytting on you til the very end