WTF!!!! Taylor Swift’s album sold 2.5 million first week. And 1.8 million are pure sales.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Right. These people live in their small little bubbles and think that reflects mass society. It really exposed them badly. Don’t leave their own backyard non-cultured mfers 🤣🤣🤣
You are not cultured because you know or listen to Taylor Swift. She's one of the most accessible artists musically and that's purposeful.

Why is this white women success being used to denigrate a black women:jbhmm:

Taylor's media machine backwash. Since last year her PR has been on 1000x comparing her to other iconic artists and Beyoncé the most since they were both on tour last year. It's disgusting.

That's okay though. Beyoncé has always been the standard. Ppl shyt on her constantly but anytime someone wants to illustrate another artists' prowess in anyway she's the one they use.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I first heard of her from the Kanye incident in 09. I never thought 15 years later she wouldn't just be relevant but also being the biggest artist in the world.:jbhmm:

For the brehs that are knowledgeable on this stuff what pop artists that came out post-2000 are bigger than her? Beyonce? Gaga? Spears? Katy Perry?:jbhmm:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I first heard of her from the Kanye incident in 09. I never thought 15 years later she wouldn't just be relevant but also being the biggest artist in the world.:jbhmm:

For the brehs that are knowledgeable on this stuff what pop artists that came out post-2000 are bigger than her? Beyonce? Gaga? Spears? Katy Perry?:jbhmm:
Adele sold very well for both albums.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps

Nobody at this point commercially. Rihanna might've been in the convo if she kept making music(but she didn't) and Adele is probably the closest and who's first week record Taylor is trying to break(for 25).

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This is one of the most delusional out of touch takes I’ve ever seen on the Coli.
That Beyonce album was 152 on the Billboard this week. Taylor Swift’s last album was 17.

How are you possibly defining “relevant” in the face of the actual numbers?

It's a cultural thing. We're surrounded by black culture, hip hop is the biggest genre, and we think "black shyt" runs the world but in reality white girls have always run shyt. They like Beyonce and Drake and Rihanna but...they LOVE Taylor Swift. She's transcended a level we don't see often anymore, and I think some black people are shocked or mad because it disproves everything we're told about who the biggest stars are. It ain't Beyonce folks. She's not on Taylor's level.

She's the most powerful artist since Michael Jackson and Prince. People can get mad at that if they want but it's true. She has moved mountains with the album re-release shyt, bundles, vinyl, forcing Spotify to make payout changes, etc.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I find it odd when 9 year Olds and adults have the same favorite artist lol it's like their musical palette hasn't evolved beyond what a child could grasp.

Say the same to Drake fans.
The only artist who who appealed to all demographics was Michael Jackson. Every age, race, creed and it wasn’t weird. He was a generational talent. Everyone loved him.

Taylor has the white market on lock. I really don’t know anyone black, young or old who listens to her. Even the new/alternative blacks.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You are not cultured because you know or listen to Taylor Swift.
Listen? Sure.
Know? I mean, you’d have to really be living under a rock to not know who Taylor Swift is.
She’s the biggest pop star since Michael Jackson just off her music.
She intersected with hip hop through Kanye. So you couldn’t have been a hip hop fan in 2009.
She intersected with reality TV through Kim Kardashian. So you couldn’t have been a Kardashian fan.
All of her album releases and her tour last year were covered in mainstream media. So you couldn’t follow the news.
She was all over the NFL this past year, so you couldn’t be a sports fan.
Her movie was everywhere last year, so you probably didn’t set foot in a theater.
She was a political story this year because right wing media started a conspiracy theory about her and left wing media and mainstream media all covered it. So you at best pay cursory attention to politics and are more likely politically ignorant.

You’d have to get all your news through social media and not ever depart your very insular bubble to not know who she is.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
kelce.gif

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It's a cultural thing. We're surrounded by black culture, hip hop is the biggest genre, and we think "black shyt" runs the world but in reality white girls have always run shyt. They like Beyonce and Drake and Rihanna but...they LOVE Taylor Swift. She's transcended a level we don't see often anymore, and I think some black people are shocked or mad because it disproves everything we're told about who the biggest stars are. It ain't Beyonce folks. She's not on Taylor's level.

She's the most powerful artist since Michael Jackson and Prince. People can get mad at that if they want but it's true. She has moved mountains with the album re-release shyt, bundles, vinyl, forcing Spotify to make payout changes, etc.
Right now...she's considered untouchable. A juggernaut. Republicans are still whining about her choices. I came across a fellow California princess last night...she just moved here to Nashville. She said Jay Z and Beyonce are moving here to...she thinks its Beyonce's way to get a grammy here in the country market because shes sick of Taylor winning everything.