WTF!!!! Taylor Swift’s album sold 2.5 million first week. And 1.8 million are pure sales.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
You know what's crazy though?

Her last album was insanely successful, however I think more people know the song's from Beyonce's Renaissance. It's definitely aged better long term. I can't even remember a song from Taylor's last one.

We'll see how this album scales. Like how fast will the songs from this album replace her last albums' songs.

I still don't think she has a more memorable song than Shake It Off.
Anti-hero bigger than any from Beyoncé last album lol

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
She's definitely the artist of the generation, but her recent songs tend to fall off pretty quick when it comes to relevancy too. Nothing of her's the last five years has stuck like her 2019 releases for example.

I'll expect some of the Metro/Future stuff to pass most of this album in a couple weeks, at least in America and what's relevant here for younger listeners.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:skip:

She’s far less popular or even known than TS
I believe she did work with Taylor and she had a decent wave from that video games song up to the Norman fukking Rockwell album. Sure she wasn't so popular that she was getting crossover appeal but she was getting play and was known to people that listen to that genre

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps

Her last album was insanely successful, however I think more people know the song's from Beyonce's Renaissance. The latter has been more relevant long term, which is what overall numbers don't really capture. I can't even remember a song from Taylor's last one.

We'll see how this album scales. Like how fast will the songs from this album replace her last albums' songs.

That's not true at all lmao

Anti Hero was bigger than Break My Soul and Cuff It

And lavender haze and Karma also got decent radio play

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Where are all these people "buying" physical copies of her from? Online, but I highly doubt, a million plus people bought physical copies, without being some bundle package.
They're going to stores too. My coworker posted a bunch of stuff on IG about taking his girls to Target to get the album over the weekend.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Congrats to her I guess... I don't listen to her music so I don't really care about it like that but insane numbers :manny:

I listened to a LOT of music during the pandemic, didn't get the luxury of sitting on my ass living in Oklafukkinghoma at the time but I heard her little National/Justin Vernon sounding records and I thought she was gonna pivot into that demo, those old enough to at least spend money but conceding her superstardom while continuing to be ultra rich and rerecording her old stuff.

I understood where she was trying to take her music even if I'm not her demo. I skimmed this one and I must say I'm at a loss. She's a walking NFT scam. Shes an awful songwriter.

EDIT: And yes, numbers are not lying. She is actually literally Michael Jackson

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Her number are real yes, she does write for herself as well but the bytch is mediocre as fukk. She is just white and decent, white people support each other even when they know something is just ok. It's about loving yours, encouraging their young ones to try also.

Guys, no one celebrates themselves like white people do. That's why everybody in the world wants that Grammy, that Oscar, that Nobel Prize, that Mark twain prize. You'll notice all those people are white. They have a way of making each feel better even if they're all terrible.

It's a practice that goes beyong music. This also means they support each others' investments, childhood dreams, movies, businesses etc.
Women buy music. Definitely white females young and old. It's that simple.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

Her last album was insanely successful, however I think more people know the song's from Beyonce's Renaissance. The latter has been more relevant long term, which is what overall numbers don't really capture. I can't even remember a song from Taylor's last one.

This is one of the most delusional out of touch takes I’ve ever seen on the Coli.
That Beyonce album was 152 on the Billboard this week. Taylor Swift’s last album was 17.

How are you possibly defining “relevant” in the face of the actual numbers?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
She's also selling because she literally interacts with her audience... You can get bundles, merch and backstage access as apart of the package...

Its none of that just perform, get show money and dip type shyt like many artists be doing.
Yeah and I remember she used to go visit her fans houses and shyt. She put in that work. Her fans grew up with her.