WTF!!!! Taylor Swift’s album sold 2.5 million first week. And 1.8 million are pure sales.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If Kanye never “embarrassed” her all those years ago, she would’ve received a huge backlash by now. The overexposure for such mediocrity is crazy.

I’d understand if she was on the level of a Janis Joplin or Alanis Morrisette. She has zero edge or curves. Just bland and boring.

She will always get a “pass” because of that moment. :francis:
Nah man. She has white girls on lock, that has nothing to do with Kanye. If anything the Scooter Braun shyt did more to boost her career than the Kanye shyt. That's when she started re-recording her albums and it's been a wrap since then.

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
Only problem with this comment is that the a lot of Taylor's fans either aren't old enough to even remember that situation or were even born when it happen. Not to mention, the ones who do don't even care about it today.

That situation was nearly 15 years ago.
And she had already beat out Beyonce for an award, which was the reason Kanye was upset. Taylor been killing it for a minute.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
clexk2goh000dl708i28baeln_1

Thats our Porcelain Queen :to:

0193095b3abfc98579943870c07c43da_w200.gif

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
-Why would you think this?
society is too fragmented for those type to stars to come up now.

It's kinda crazy that Taylor is on that level, but then you remember she came up almost 20 years ago, so she's from an era where the big mega star was still possible. The crazy part is that almost 20 years in and 3 Grammy AOTY and all the tours and sales, she seems to be as major as she has ever been.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
I don’t think brehs understand what it means when a white woman is the biggest pop star in the world. LOL

Whatever those numbers are, they will be legit. Chicks all over the US, Canada and Europe see themselves in her. Not to mention Asia:deadrose:

She’s going to make another billion before this tour is over (because I think she’s going 2-3 legs)
You also forgot to mention Argentina, Brazil, India, Turkey, Mexico, South America, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, etc .Basically millions of basic corny non black women everywhere in the world relate to her and see themselves in her. They would never be that invested into a unapologetically black female pop star. Last time white women supported an unapologetically black female artist was Lauryn Hill back in the mid-late 1990s. And even that was an exception because they mostly supported her on some sisterhood/feminism tip. They weren’t obsessed with her and her life like they are obsessed with Taylor swift.

In the modern era, only Beyoncé and Rihanna are the exception to the rule because they crossed over to pop music and non black/whiter audiences. They both diluted their original sounds to be more palatable and accessible to the non black masses. But Taylor never had to do that. She just had to be her apple-pie, awkward corny white girl self. She literally markets herself. She’s an unapologetic, unreconstructed, pure white woman and that’s fine. She won’t dilute her sound to appeal to the masses because her sound, her act, her style,her image, her tastes and her aesthetics reflect the inner souls of average white women. She’s their collective mirror. And white girls are obsessed with themselves and don’t care about the rest of the world. They lack curiosity about the things that doesn’t affect or concern them directly.

Taylor swift never needed to cross over to black music and audiences brcause she already had a massive natural fanbase at her disposal (basic white women, suburban white women, culturally whitewashed Asians/Latinas, white worshipping Indians/arabs etc)

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
We're talking about her current album. I dont believe those current sales numbers.
:mjlol: Half of our country is women. And she has a strong LGBTG following. And that’s just the United States. She’s a blonde white woman that many either identify with or idolize. I don’t know how those sale numbers are inconceivable when her concert sales alone are crazy astronomical. Not to mention the album is another confessional/diss to her ex. Even casual listeners love the drama of diss albums and this formula stays working for her.

I also don’t think people understand that for most of the world right now, Taylor Swift represents America and for people who worship America and whiteness in general, she’s the symbol. A billion fans are on lock from that alone.

Last edited: