WTF!!!! Taylor Swift’s album sold 2.5 million first week. And 1.8 million are pure sales.

King Poetic

No Mercy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Congrats to Taylor.. I don’t listen to her or even Beyonce music..

But anyway, nobody is talking about Taylor vs Beyoncé

My earlier post is reference to JayZ dumb ass coming on stage being upset that his wife never won a grammy for best album but she already has what 32…

It will be hilarious if Taylor win best album again and Beyonce just win one in another category..

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Man, the major networks have been analyzing this got damn album on their morning show for a week straight. I mean fukin 10 minute segments detailing the minutiae of it, psychoanalyzing the lyrics and shyt. Annoying af. Did they do this for Yawnsay’s country album?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Man, the major networks have been analyzing this got damn album on their morning show for a week straight. I mean fukin 10 minute segments detailing the minutiae of it, psychoanalyzing the lyrics and shyt. Annoying af. Did they do this for Yawnsay’s country album?
No because Beyoncé doesn’t write her own music and she doesn’t really have any depth. lol.

Lemonade was her most personal album.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
In the modern era, only Beyoncé and Rihanna are the exception to the rule because they crossed over to pop music and non black/whiter audiences. They both diluted their original sounds to be more palatable and accessible to the non black masses. But Taylor never had to do that.
:dead:
She started out as a country singer with a hick accent.
She quickly transitioned into a pop star and a decade later she was making songs with Future :mjlol:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
In total, the album earned 1.6 million equivalent album units in the U.S. on its first day. The last album to exceed a million units in a week was Swift’s own 1989 (Taylor’s Version), when it tallied 1.653 million units in its first week late last year (week ending Nov. 2, 2023)

She matched the best debut week of her career in a single day. :banderas:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You know what's crazy though?

Her last album was insanely successful, however I think more people know the song's from Beyonce's Renaissance. The latter has been more relevant long term, which is what overall numbers don't really capture. I can't even remember a song from Taylor's last one.

We'll see how this album scales. Like how fast will the songs from this album replace her last albums' songs.

I still don't think she has a more memorable song than Shake It Off.

Last edited:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where are all these people "buying" physical copies of her from? Online, but I highly doubt, a million plus people bought physical copies, without being some bundle package.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
so what yall think her final week sales will be? looks like it should be over 7 million if it keeps pace?:ohhh: