shakur.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This needs to be a smiley, Stat.

Back to the topic at hand, the Rock press has been trying to champion an blue-eyed soul singer for the longest. Since Lisa Stansfield is MIA and Amy Winehouse passed on, Adele got that spot by default.

It's the way it is.

Her first album got a bunch of love and that was before Amy died.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Anyone hating on Adele is simply deaf or can't accept that she's
not from your race or ethnicity. I don't give a fukk that she's white, and though her songs aren't for me, the talent is so obvious. Adele is a diamond in the industry right now because she's showing these generic artists that you can sell with with talent and not have to the same old shyt that's dominated the charts with no talent like Katy or
Rihanna or gimmicks like Gaga or pure marketing like Beyonce. You guys complain about music not being as good as the past, but don't realize that what Adele

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Anyone hating on Adele is simply deaf or can't accept that she's
not from your race or ethnicity. I don't give a fukk that she's white, and though her songs aren't for me, the talent is so obvious. Adele is a diamond in the industry right now because she's showing these generic artists that you can sell with with talent and not have to the same old shyt that's dominated the charts with no talent like Katy or
Rihanna or gimmicks like Gaga or pure marketing like Beyonce. You guys complain about music not being as good as the past, but don't realize that what Adele is doing is shifting
things back to that era, more like her would help.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
If dat bish was black nobody would eam pay attention to her shyt and would just chalk her up to "another one" who can sing. :rudy:

White people who do what traditionally black folks are dominant at doin, are always gonna get major hype.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
If dat bish was black nobody would eam pay attention to her shyt and would just chalk her up to "another one" who can sing. :rudy:

White people who do what traditionally black folks are dominant at doin, are always gonna get major hype.

The only other female, black singer putting it down on any level comparable to Adele is Janelle Monae to me. Who else is on the same level talent wise?

SquirtleSwag

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Skin color is irrelevant. Fat bytch can sing her ass off and makes good songs. If adele was black and created the exact same music she would still sell a fukkton of albums.