:wtf: at that biitch ADELE still doing 40k a week

Mr Miyagi

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only other female, black singer putting it down on any level comparable to Adele is Janelle Monae to me. Who else is on the same level talent wise?

Ledisi, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott... i can name more.

You just proved his post with this post.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Ledisi, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott... i can name more.

You just proved his post with this post.

Didn't know they were new singers. Why do you think the only person I mentioned was Janelle Monae? Obviously there has been phenomenal singers in the past, but right now there isn't really any young talented singers on that level. I don't see any reason to compare past artists and try to say what they could or couldn't do in a similar situation. Everyone knows that part of the reason Adele is doing really well is because she represents talent and artistic integrity in an industry that is still trying to push gimmicks and smoke and mirrors propaganda. Find me a young singer between 17-24 that has her talent. I didn't prove anything by the way and this isn't an argument. It was just a question.....

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The only other female, black singer putting it down on any level comparable to Adele is Janelle Monae to me. Who else is on the same level talent wise?

To me, Jazmine Sullivan, but yea, Adele is in another echelon, trust, I've seen really good Black and White singers try to duplicate her work and were C+ efforts at best. Color aside the woman is a vocal freak of nature, especially for some one who is what 23-24.

Mr Miyagi

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't know they were new singers. Why do you think the only person I mentioned was Janelle Monae? Obviously there has been phenomenal singers in the past, but right now there isn't really any young talented singers on that level. I don't see any reason to compare past artists and try to say what they could or couldn't do in a similar situation. Everyone knows that part of the reason Adele is doing really well is because she represents talent and artistic integrity in an industry that is still trying to push gimmicks and smoke and mirrors propaganda. Find me a young singer between 17-24 that has her talent. I didn't prove anything by the way and this isn't an argument. It was just a question.....

You have to pay attention bro, theres a couple talented singers that have come out recently that are near her level and personally that i prefer their music, Christette Michelle is one, Melanie Fiona 2nd, Mushinah, comparatively i don't think she is that much better than Joss Stone tbh.

She does have talent though undoubtedly.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
You have to pay attention bro, theres a couple talented singers that have come out recently that are near her level and personally that i prefer their music, Christette Michelle is one, Melanie Fiona 2nd, Mushinah, comparatively i don't think she is that much better than Joss Stone tbh.

She does have talent though undoubtedly.

Can't ever have too much good music. Thanks

Daps
Talent is talent..Lauryn Hill swept the grammys and sold as much as Adele with her album..

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
So Whitney Houston never existed? wasnt she black with incredible vocals? smh @ you nikkas thinking race has something to do with Adele's fame. She is talented.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
You act like black females can't sell records,, have you been in a coma the past 30 years?

You act like real black female soul singers have been commercially successful in the past decade. Didn't say Black females can't sell records, just black female R and B artists and Beyonce ain't R and B and Whitney Houston god rest her soul was on the verge of being relevant for the first time in over a decade. Again all these examples are from 10-15 years ago, fair enough? I don't mean never, I mean right now in 2012.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You act like real black female soul singers have been commercially successful in the past decade. Didn't say Black females can't sell records, just black female R and B artists and Beyonce ain't R and B and Whitney Houston god rest her soul was on the verge of being relevant for the first time in over a decade. Again all these examples are from 10-15 years ago, fair enough? I don't mean never, I mean right now in 2012.

Sade, her last album, soldier of love did 1.1 million in 2010. And that was like years after her last album.