Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I'm not saying they don't, I asked the previous guy to name someone though because I doubt very much anyone we've heard of even if they are a small time "that guy" type of actor is cooking burgers in the back somewhere in between roles.

That's my point. My other point is that the public doesn't care. This negotiator really thinks they have leverage with this whole "studios are mistreating actors so people will boycott the studios..."

What world are they living in?
This ain't 2008, I hope the writers/actors get what they want. As I said earlier on, I would be right next to elite cheeks on some 21 savage shyt, fukk Bob Iger

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
It's been a week since the actors went on strike and the AMPTP is still spinning around with their thumb up their ass. Maybe I'm just soft and would buckle under pressure fast and give in to their demands. Get the entertainment industry back to work goddammit.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
p6ADeE7.jpg

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
And the union is doing shyt all for them.

The real workers should start their own union. Not one ran by millionaires and Ivy League grads.

Priorities are too different.

To be honest, their movement more than likely got hijacked by some very out of touch academics and their demands show it.

I'd be pissed if I am out of work and facing foreclosure because some lunatic that runs the union wants actors and actresses to get increased stipends for lunch, intimacy coaches, and residuals for life for background extra work...The fact they have dozens of demands is ridiculous but hey, not my elephants, not my circus..

As a composer, I am pissed because I have no projects to write for at the moment compared to years ago I'd be writing themes for the Fall/Winter.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
For months I was telling a few stans on here that these studios don't actually release any type of real data on streaming unless they want to (which is rare) and they were trying to tell me "oh Nielsen got it" :mjlol:

Nielsen don't know shyt about streaming. The reason why they could forecast what a show like 'House of the Dragon' was doing is because it was in part collecting viewership numbers from actual HBO viewers on the actual HBO network.

Nobody has a fukking clue what shows on Netflix are doing.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
For months I was telling a few stans on here that these studios don't actually release any type of real data on streaming unless they want to (which is rare) and they were trying to tell me "oh Nielsen got it" :mjlol:

Nielsen don't know shyt about streaming. The reason why they could forecast what a show like 'House of the Dragon' was doing is because it was in part collecting viewership numbers from actual HBO viewers on the actual HBO network.

Nobody has a fukking clue what shows on Netflix are doing.
Since there aren't any ads on HBO for cable subs, the viewership numbers are only relevant to content that's driving subscriptions right?

Nielson's results and data being public and available makes sense to a lot of different stakeholders. Netflix viewership numbers only really matter to them and shareholders. That may be different now with the newer ad tier they rolled out

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Since there aren't any ads on HBO for cable subs, the viewership numbers are only relevant to content that's driving subscriptions right?

Nielson's results and data being public and available makes sense to a lot of different stakeholders. Netflix viewership numbers only really matter to them and shareholders. That may be different now with the newer ad tier they rolled out

Netflix shareholders aren't really interested in what the viewership numbers are for any particular show. What they want to see is subscriber numbers and growth of revenue.

Netflix made a lot of changes to their plans including limiting account sharing and at least in the short term that made more people sign up for the service. They've also managed to bring in more revenue through price increases.

But the stock will take a severe hit if they show a lack of growth in those categories as we saw more than a year ago when the stock drop close to 65% over a 12 month span.

The reason why actors/actresses and creators want the viewership numbers for Netflix to be public is because they aren't getting paid shyt off streaming. They want their contracts to be tied into how well their shows are performing for the service.

Netflix doesn't release numbers at all. Nielsen tries to guess but there's no way it's close to accurate when Netflix has as many subs as they do from all over the world.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Netflix shareholders aren't really interested in what the viewership numbers are for any particular show. What they want to see is subscriber numbers and growth of revenue.

Netflix made a lot of changes to their plans including limiting account sharing and at least in the short term that made more people sign up for the service. They've also managed to bring in more revenue through price increases.

But the stock will take a severe hit if they show a lack of growth in those categories as we saw more than a year ago when the stock drop close to 65% over a 12 month span.

The reason why actors/actresses and creators want the viewership numbers for Netflix to be public is because they aren't getting paid shyt off streaming. They want their contracts to be tied into how well their shows are performing for the service.

Netflix doesn't release numbers at all. Nielsen tries to guess but there's no way it's close to accurate when Netflix has as many subs as they do from all over the world.

Same goes for music, the main streaming giants, Apple, Spotify, and Tidal fight tooth and nail to rip off musicians with the stats game and revenue splits.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Same goes for music, the main streaming giants, Apple, Spotify, and Tidal fight tooth and nail to rip off musicians with the stats game and revenue splits.

And they'll continue to do that because as long as a country artist can buy a new truck, have a Becky and shyt on libs they don't care. They don't understand their value.

As long as a rapper can buy a lambo and a new chain and throw money at IG hoes, he won't care either.

Labels give them crumbs.