Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they actually make some decent indie movies/shows that people wanna watch, them studios will cave quick

It’ll take some time, a few years to produce the content but it’s very doable. I was reading that Charlie Chaplin did something similar in the 20s (ironic) with the creation of United Artists. Of course by the end of its life the studios gobbled that up too but if the industry is to survive, drastic changes will be needed.

The 1% of the Hollywood elite in actors, directors, writers will have to lead it. Many are still silent :francis:

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
It’ll take some time, a few years to produce the content but it’s very doable. I was reading that Charlie Chaplin did something similar in the 20s (ironic) with the creation of United Artists. Of course by the end of its life the studios gobbled that up too but if the industry is to survive, drastic changes will be needed.

The 1% of the Hollywood elite in actors, directors, writers will have to lead it. Many are still silent :francis:
Didn't the spanish flu pandemic end around the 1920s as well? :ohhh:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't the spanish flu pandemic end around the 1920s as well? :ohhh:

jack-nicholson-jack.gif

The Great Depression was right around the corner a decade later:damn:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The interesting thing about it is that they should have known that it wasn't sustainable from the beginning because it was the reason why cable was created in the first place.

Yup. Now you've created an even worse problem that is not an easy fix. People are not gonna pay for 5/6 streaming joints where the prices continue to jump. And with the reduction in cable they've created, they are stuck.

Many of em gonna go back to Netflix to distribute their shyt on some

Thanos-Quote.gif

these other companies don't have that Netflix worldwide membership numbers to keep them profitable. Matter of fact, if I'm Netflix, I'd slide in on these others on some

rick-ross-smiling.gif
'
"Wanna come back"

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
This has already happened

Andor co aired on ABC and Freeform because it was doing trash numbers on D+
Ehh, it didnt "co air" they just put the first 2 episodes out on abc/hulu etc. And this was around the time the finale was about to show on D+.

Ahh, unless you meant co air as in it was on abc/freeform together and not disney+ and abc.
They also doing something similar with Ms. Marvel this fall, airing 2-3 episodes.

I think what that poster is talking about is them showing the full shyt on cable, not just 2 episodes to entice ppl to get the streaming service. So they would air all of Andor.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh, it didnt "co air" they just put the first 2 episodes out on abc/hulu etc. And this was around the time the finale was about to show on D+.

Ahh, unless you meant co air as in it was on abc/freeform together and not disney+ and abc.
They also doing something similar with Ms. Marvel this fall, airing 2-3 episodes.

I think what that poster is talking about is them showing the full shyt on cable, not just 2 episodes to entice ppl to get the streaming service. So they would air all of Andor.
:wtf:damn I thought they aired the entire show

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
:wtf:damn I thought they aired the entire show
Nope, just the first 2 eps. Honestly it shouldve been the first 3, since that's a complete arc. The dude who made Andor made every 3 episodes these mini stories. Let ppl see the full first lil arc and see if they fukk with it :manny:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
So the people that brought us classics such as Witcher Blood Origins, Amazon LOTR and the last few years of Marvel crap
Movies and TV shows bombing left and right want more pay eh
You could get better writers in a high school drama class

taker597

Superstar
Daps
If Hollywood was really that unprofitable. They wouldn't be paying Executive crazy money, developing these streaming platforms ,making films with ridiculous budgets, or making films in general. Don't believe any Hollywood accountant wizardry.

Hollywood is making crazy money. The most that they have to do is If they drop an extra $20K on production for writers. Which they can easily do.

If they stop trying to only employ shyt writers on the cheap for big production that would be even better.

You think they spend "$200 million" on a production and get dollar general writers rest of that shyt. Nahhhhh... $200 Milly is either empty money or a bunch of bad deals thrown into it.