Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Wow Hollywood burning

I'm not too well versed in this...but is this the first time both writers and actors have had a strike together concurrently?

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
This is workplace abuse of the highest order. This nikka Bob is literally the grasshopper from A Bug's Life rn.

the-sun-grows-the-food-hopper.gif

Take into account that these writers and actors live in the highest cost of living areas in the world. Constantly have to take on various projects a year in order to break even. Each of them running their entire lives like small businesses. Calling it disruptive is spot on, because the system ISN'T working and execs are hoping no one notices so they can continue to get paid fortunes off of the work of the workers. Its sad they even have to disrupt, executives should be looking out for them at all times. SMFH.

For Iger to sit and act like COVID didn't affect people's lives, only businesses is insane. This the same shyt that got Chapek sued by Scarlet Johannson fine ass.

GrudgeBooty

Rookie
Daps
It won’t breh, we are still far away from what is truly called AI, consciousness. What we have right now is basically a high spec web scrapper. It can not create an original thought.

I’m working on character bible for a fighting game and I wanted to see how original my characters were with AI. I told it the following,

Me: Create a fighting game character from X country using X martial arts, who has hobby/job of X. That character’s goal is X (Not mentioning characters I’m working on cause…)

ChatGPT: Not Ryu is character who dreamed of being the strongest with his martial art of shotokan. As child Not Ryu trained day and night to develop the Full Strength Chargeball and the 360 Spinning Kick.

It’s not their and it won’t be for a long time.
Try using NovelAI. It's a more collaborative approach to writing with an AI.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I hate to tell everyone but eventually AI will be used in Hollywood it's inevitable
what they're trying to do is to make it the only way studios create content which shouldn't happen imo
the ai is still not going to create mega successful original franchises but it can help with things such as story structure, plot holes, character arcs. etc
what will happen though is we will probably lose some type of storytelling similar to how we lost poster art when photoshop became a thing.
@humminbird what year do you think AI will be used on Hollywood?

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Actors going on strike was always the second shoe waiting to drop, now it's official. Seems like the actors/writers have considerable leverage given how many shows and films could be delayed due to this. I just saw a report that the next season of Euphoria would likely premier in 2026 due to this. By that time, the show might need to simply be cancelled or completely altered given how much older the cast will be. Likewise for HBO, House Of The Dragon would be fukked too. They've started filming but I assume aren't close to completing the shoot. Throw in the Marvel shyt that is scheduled for production soon and we could be talking about billions of dollars on hold.
They could really fukk the studios here. The movie industry has just recovered from the pandemic in terms of audience attendance and sales.

Last edited:

good pups

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Wow Hollywood burning

I'm not too well versed in this...but is this the first time both writers and actors have had a strike together concurrently?
first time since 1960...when Reagan was the head of SAG

DGA pushed their deal through only to have nothing to direct 😂.
Apparently part of their bargain includes the right to amend their agreement to match the gains SAG and WGA will definitely be getting now...

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
@humminbird what year do you think AI will be used on Hollywood?
I honestly think they're using some version of it right now but it's not as advanced. like they use it for plot ideas and what not. Rian Johnson said he was trying it for knives out 3 ideas.
if you mean when it will become the standard I don't really know.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I honestly think they're using some version of it right now but it's not as advanced. like they use it for plot ideas and what not. Rian Johnson said he was trying it for knives out 3 ideas.
if you mean when it will become the standard I don't really know.
Writers are sure as fukk using AI to help write shyt. Transformers straight up dialogue was some of the blandest shyt that I've ever heard.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Wow Hollywood burning

Nope. First time since 1960.

Ironically, Ronald Reagan was the President of the Screen Actors Guild in 1960.

Last edited: