:wow: Jackie Robinson Movie

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
why does it matter who makes it if its a GOOD MOVIE?

its a movie about a BLACK HERO that looks GOOD. what the fukks the problem? :laff: It wouldn't make a difference if Martin Luther King resurrected to direct it, or if a fukkin midget from Finland did it. Its still a movie about an African American HERO that can potentially be amazing.

so you yield on the point about it being a black movie, right? because it isn't...

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
that's not true. all i'm really disappointed in is the music in the trailer because to me it indicates a disconnection from the actual events and time this man lived in order to sell the movie. based on this "preview" i believe the director is doing a disservice to everyone and is more concerned with selling the product than the quality of the product itself. and when you touch on a man who tackled major racial and social issues through baseball, you shouldn't really be trying that hard to sell the film. if it takes a jay-z song to get the attention of people who normally wouldn't be interested in the film, i doubt they'd pay much attention to other details or be interested in much about his life outside of what they'll see in the movie. which means, in my opinion, they're more concerned with taking people's money than telling a proper story and educating people. so, in essence, they're pimping jackie's name. hollywood's doing that all on the hopes that you see it because you think it's a "black" film. you really want that?

my thing is, if they're already taking weird liberties like this, there's a low chance they'll try to preserve other facts...
NEWSFLASH:

42 is a movie about a Black man's struggle that was made in 2013. What is the soundtrack of the Black man's struggle in 2013? RAP MUSIC of course!

:umad:

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
saw the trailer a couple months back at the movies...can't wait to see it

Really hope they don't use rap in the movie though. Hearing Jay-Z just didn't feel right.

Well, Jay Z fits better than Macklemore does...the last TV spot I saw for 42 had a Macklemore song in it and that really didn't feel right.

Daps
Well, Jay Z fits better than Macklemore does...the last TV spot I saw for 42 had a Macklemore song in it and that really didn't feel right.

What in the fukk?

Really hope this stuff is just for the trailers...gonna be pissed if he's sliding into second and a 2 chainz song comes on.

1 HIT, 2 BASES!!!!

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
i gotta be honest but the trailer don't look that good to me. something about the actor playing jackie just seems off to me. i'll probably still see it tho :ld:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
They used a Jay Z song on the trailer for gangster squad, which is a true story, set in the 30s or some shyt...

Why didnt yall complain about that :troll:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Just saw the trailer for this. Jay-z is a respectable artist, it's not like they played 2 chainz. He's one of those few rappers that can get away with doing this sort of thing. Truth be told, it was either this or stevie wonder. Maybe MJ would have worked? R.Kelly?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Its not a big deal tho, its a fukkin trailer song

we finally get a black film that seems to have the potential of not only being very good, but breaking in a new black star, and nikkas wanna complain about the music in the trailer. THE TRAILER. NOT THE MOVIE. THE TRAILER. A SONG.

I hate ya'll so much..even if it is for sales, who gives a fukk. The entire purpose of a trailer is to SELL THE PRODUCT and lord knows they need to sell the fukk outta this movie because ya'll don't show up in theaters when we finally get one. Ask them Red Tails dudes.

:mjpls: I'm not gonna lower my standards cuz its a black movie, breh, my people are capable of better. I knew Gangster Squad wasn't gonna be all that good cuz of the Jay song in the trailer and I end up being right :beli:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I couldnt have turned the other cheek.

White ppl love the black man who doesnt show resistance.

hey, here comes that n*gger boy Keith, that we spat on and kicked at the malt shop:gladbron:. Let's do it again:gladbron:. We know he wont do anything:smugdraper:

Not true. The peaceful black, even when a victim of racism, is far more despised by whites than the black who responds with anger and plays to type.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
:mjpls: I'm not gonna lower my standards cuz its a black movie, breh, my people are capable of better. I knew Gangster Squad wasn't gonna be all that good cuz of the Jay song in the trailer and I end up being right :beli:

Some would say jay is the jackie robinson of rap, he jacks, he robs, he sins. Jackie Robinson