:wow: Jackie Robinson Movie

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
one of the most recognizable BROOKLYN anthems was played on the trailer...Jackie played for the BROOKLYN dodgers. I really don't see the big deal.

ain't like they played izzo or some shyt. song fit just fine to me

i know why they picked it, but tell me another reason outside of "it contains the words brooklyn in it" as to why this song should be in the trailer? there's a shyt ton of songs that have been made about brooklyn, why a jay-z song about brooklyn? when people start making little changes like that for no reason other than the most obvious (sales) that's when i become skeptical. at that point, while they may have details about his story correct, it's less about the subject and more about the presentation, which is typical of hollywood anyways. they'd pay more for a big explosion because that grabs people's interests. and that's why i'm skeptical...

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Its not a big deal tho, its a fukkin trailer song

we finally get a black film that seems to have the potential of not only being very good, but breaking in a new black star, and nikkas wanna complain about the music in the trailer. THE TRAILER. NOT THE MOVIE. THE TRAILER. A SONG.

I hate ya'll so much..even if it is for sales, who gives a fukk. The entire purpose of a trailer is to SELL THE PRODUCT and lord knows they need to sell the fukk outta this movie because ya'll don't show up in theaters when we finally get one. Ask them Red Tails dudes.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
every time it comes to a black movie, ya'll got something to criticize, yet ya'll stay whining about the amount of "black" films being distributed in hollywood. Something's gonna have to give

also, to touch on this point, just because it's a movie about a black man doesn't mean it's a black film. you should realize that difference first and foremost. the director isn't even black. and, i wouldn't want to see a "black film" just because they have black characters in it if it's shytty. a bad movie is a bad movie, and that's all there is to it. if this was about some white baseball player like mickey mantle or someone and they used an eminem song to sell the trailer, i wouldn't be interested in it either.

all i see the jay-z song doing is giving it appeal to the younger generations, but i've always been a firm believe of never sacrificing quality for mass appeal. however, hollywood is a business so they're less likely to be inclined to feel the same way...

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Its not a big deal tho, its a fukkin trailer song

we finally get a black film that seems to have the potential of not only being very good, but breaking in a new black star, and nikkas wanna complain about the music in the trailer. THE TRAILER. NOT THE MOVIE. THE TRAILER. A SONG.

I hate ya'll so much..even if it is for sales, who gives a fukk. The entire purpose of a trailer is to SELL THE PRODUCT and lord knows they need to sell the fukk outta this movie because ya'll don't show up in theaters when we finally get one. Ask them Red Tails dudes.

:pachaha:

it's no big deal, it's just a trailer, b. why you gotta hate us and shyt? :heh:

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
Im guessing they will somehow try and shoe in some white liberal hero who believed in equality who helped Jackie robinson.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Man, we can have the black film argument all day....

all I know is this film is about a major black icon, and its lead is an up and coming black actor who has a chance to really make a splash in the acting game. Whats not to be excited about? Not to mention all the black faces in the film. The fact that this film is being made and pushed is remarkable to me. Again, whats not to be excited about?

oh, because we heard Jay-Z's voice for 20 seconds in the trailer :laugh:

:pachaha:

it's no big deal, it's just a trailer, b. why you gotta hate us and shyt? :heh:

Because ya'll always hard on films involving black people. its makes me :damn: :birdman:

Not just this site, but everyone. nikkas already shytting on this movie and it hasn't even came out!! If this move flops, we're gonna be stuck with cliche Tyler Perry movies for the rest of our lives.

Daps
saw the trailer a couple months back at the movies...can't wait to see it

Really hope they don't use rap in the movie though. Hearing Jay-Z just didn't feel right.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Man, we can have the black film argument all day....

all I know is this film is about a major black icon, and its lead is an up and coming black actor who has a chance to really make a splash in the acting game. Whats not to be excited about? Not to mention all the black faces in Hollywood. The fact that this film is being made and pushed is remarkable to me. Again, whats not to be excited about?

oh, because we heard Jay-Z's voice for 20 seconds in the trailer :laugh:

Because ya'll always hard on films involving black people. its makes me :damn: :birdman:

no we can't because this isn't a black film. end of discussion. all your points about supporting a black film because of its' "blackness" are null and void. the director/writer is a white man from massachusetts. the only point you have going for yourself is the point about the guy being an up and coming black actor. i appreciate that point, but i'm not going to watch a movie i think isn't accurately representing jackie robinson. mr. robinson was one of my childhood idols since i played baseball a lot when i was in elementary and middle school. i even met his wife when i was younger and she signed a book she wrote about her husband for me. i ain't got time to watch some dude take creative licenses with his story. i mean, he's already got harrison ford's face all up in that shyt as it is dramatizing jackie's "struggle".

there's more of a chance this film ain't really about jackie as a person (which makes me dislike it).

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
The music they play for the trailer is very important- because it implies what type of movie or what type of message they want to portray.

This is not some decades old storied song- its a peripheral semi-hit by Jay 4 years ago. Just think of all the oscar worthy movies in the past, did any of them remotely do anything like this on their trailers?

I felt like they were dumbing it down in one way or another. As if we would not appreciate the magnitude of Jackie unless you were blasting Biggie or Jay in the background.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
i know why they picked it, but tell me another reason outside of "it contains the words brooklyn in it" as to why this song should be in the trailer? there's a shyt ton of songs that have been made about brooklyn, why a jay-z song about brooklyn? when people start making little changes like that for no reason other than the most obvious (sales) that's when i become skeptical. at that point, while they may have details about his story correct, it's less about the subject and more about the presentation, which is typical of hollywood anyways. they'd pay more for a big explosion because that grabs people's interests. and that's why i'm skeptical...
STFU!
:pacspit: