:wow: Jackie Robinson Movie

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
I was excited about this film, because it is truly an iconic American story.

Its the type of movie where black actors should be getting some notoriety and Oscar buzz. It should be treated as a serious and high class film...

But then I heard the music

:birdman:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Even though they had the Jay track, I still think it's going to be a legit film. From the preview, it showed him getting shytted on.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
As much as people outraged about a movie involving slavery having the word "******" said frequently (go figure) if this movie is gonna keep it funky............it better piss those same people off

Jackie was treated like shyt

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as people outraged about a movie involving slavery having the word "******" said frequently (go figure) if this movie is gonna keep it funky............it better piss those same people off

Jackie was treated like shyt

Yeah but at least he got paid to be treated like shyt!

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Supporting the film.
It's amazing how Jackie never beat someone's ass, especially they use to throw slurs like no one's buisness and I think they spat on him.

Low key I read somewhere that all that crap that he took and had to hold it in was probably a contributing factor to him getting sick later and dying at the really young age of 53. That's a lot of pressure for someone to have to deal with, knowing that if he responded by lashing out, then nobody else would get a shot.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Is a black person directing this? I would love to see a Spike Lee directed movie or documentary.

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
So much negativity in this thread.

Have some faith. I bet this movie is dope.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
to be frank, that's what's turning me off the most about this film. it feels like they're trying to sell it based on the music...

its in the fukking trailer

we dont even know if its in the actual movie

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
i don't care. i'm not giving hollywood the benefit of the doubt. the fact that they felt the need to use a jay-z song to sell the trailer is already bad news...

one of the most recognizable BROOKLYN anthems was played on the trailer...Jackie played for the BROOKLYN dodgers. I really don't see the big deal.

ain't like they played izzo or some shyt. song fit just fine

every time it comes to a black movie, ya'll got something to criticize, yet ya'll stay whining about the amount of "black" films being distributed in hollywood. Something's gonna have to give

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
one of the most recognizable BROOKLYN anthems was played on the trailer...Jackie played for the BROOKLYN dodgers. I really don't see the big deal.

ain't like they played izzo or some shyt. song fit just fine

every time it comes to a black movie, ya'll got something to criticize, yet ya'll stay whining about the amount of "black" films being distributed in hollywood. Something's gonna have to give

Gotta agree.

It's just a damn trailer.