:wow: Jackie Robinson Movie

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm getting sick tired of hearing Jay-Z on the trailers everywhere.

They should have picked the old classic music, not the current rap music. It's just turn me off.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate the song for that trailer. It makes no sense to me at all but I will probably still go see the movie.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
no we can't because this isn't a black film. end of discussion. all your points about supporting a black film because of its' "blackness" are null and void. the director/writer is a white man from massachusetts. the only point you have going for yourself is the point about the guy being an up and coming black actor. i appreciate that point, but i'm not going to watch a movie i think isn't accurately representing jackie robinson. mr. robinson was one of my childhood idols since i played baseball a lot when i was in elementary and middle school. i even met his wife when i was younger and she signed a book she wrote about her husband for me. i ain't got time to watch some dude take creative licenses with his story. i mean, he's already got harrison ford's face all up in that shyt as it is dramatizing jackie's "struggle".

there's more of a chance this film ain't really about jackie as a person (which makes me dislike it).

The problem is that short of an actual documentary, because Jackie was such an idol to you, you're already gonna assume there isn't a single director, actor, producer, etc. that could ever make a movie about the man that can come off as accurate to you.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
A lot of things about this project rubbing me the wrong way brehs....

Dude probably isn't even "up and coming"....black male actors never get their "shot". Dude's gonna fade away just like everyone else. If I was a black actor, I wouldn't even take sports movies. They never help these guys. This dude will be on a Law and Order episode, while his white counterparts will be in talks for a super hero in a marvel film...it's all white privileged horseshyt.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Supporting the film.
It's amazing how Jackie never beat someone's ass, especially they use to throw slurs like no one's buisness and I think they spat on him.

he was a thug at ucla...n was beatin muhfukkas ass who looked at em side ways...

he wasnt gettin no p*ssy so he was a ass hole...

then..rachel came around put that redbone isum on em...

he calmed his ass down...

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Piss poor mentality I HATE.....Why cant WE MAKE THE shyt? :upsetfavre::upsetfavre:

why does it matter who makes it if its a GOOD MOVIE?

its a movie about a BLACK HERO that looks GOOD. what the fukks the problem? :laff: It wouldn't make a difference if Martin Luther King resurrected to direct it, or if a fukkin midget from Finland did it. Its still a movie about an African American HERO that can potentially be amazing.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
The problem is that short of an actual documentary, because Jackie was such an idol to you, you're already gonna assume there isn't a single director, actor, producer, etc. that could ever make a movie about the man that can come off as accurate to you.

that's not true. all i'm really disappointed in is the music in the trailer because to me it indicates a disconnection from the actual events and time this man lived in order to sell the movie. based on this "preview" i believe the director is doing a disservice to everyone and is more concerned with selling the product than the quality of the product itself. and when you touch on a man who tackled major racial and social issues through baseball, you shouldn't really be trying that hard to sell the film. if it takes a jay-z song to get the attention of people who normally wouldn't be interested in the film, i doubt they'd pay much attention to other details or be interested in much about his life outside of what they'll see in the movie. which means, in my opinion, they're more concerned with taking people's money than telling a proper story and educating people. so, in essence, they're pimping jackie's name. hollywood's doing that all on the hopes that you see it because you think it's a "black" film. you really want that?

my thing is, if they're already taking weird liberties like this, there's a low chance they'll try to preserve other facts...