Wow. California black ADOS residents might be getting $223,200 per person in reparations.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I'd really build a brand new house in my old hood for retirement. West Texas ain't bad if you got a lil change. I'd rent my home out here in California to the highest bidder and I'm out. But I'm not originally from here so I probably won't qualify for whatever they eventually settle on. But my wife and daughter are so we'll see.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
some of yall really cant hold your contempt huh:sas1:

you can find the PDF with all the numbers with just a google search

dont expose yourselves now, thinking BA's only gonna spend it on Gucci. The money isnt JUST going to poor blacks. If mt grandfather was still alive and been a Cali breh, we wouldve did MONUMENTAL things with reparations. My uncles are still alive, had they been Cali brehs they wouldve did alot of building with this shyt.

You nikkas thinking all ADOSians is scammers and luxury brand obsessed is telling. Comparing yourselves to the Black American gangster instead of the Vernon Jordans and Clementa Pinckneys we've given the world
:sas2:
Reparations is always a wonderful exposé of xenophobia, racism and prejudice against Black Americans.:francis:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2 M's for each American Descendant Of Slavery along with housing credits and free education (at all levels) is a start.

2 million? To everybody?

wVDOf3.gif

These gon be the type of people who talk yall into getting nothing. Better just take your blood money humbly. If they offer yall 50K a piece tax free,you should settle immediately.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I've contended for the last few years, it shouldn't be for slavery. From a legal standpoint, it's hard to argue. It should be for Jim Crow, segregation, redlining, and everything associated. The payout should be tied to the wealth gap between African Americans with lineage in the US pre-1965, and the payout should be related to the median cost to own a house, because that's primarily what white people have their wealth tied up in.

Most other public people advoacating for reparations have some nebulous claim with no real dollar amount attached. That's a sure fire way for it to: 1, never get approved, 2, be a perpetual grifting-ass personality profiteering off of the movement that will never occur.

Most people advocating for reparations never seem to have a number in mind, never communicate it, simply state whatever is provided is "not enough", or it's something so grandiose it'll never get approved.
I thought the main reason they weren't going for that aspect is because outher minority groups could also claim those same issues and dilute the amount given to African Americans. Or even lead to a situation where its paid out to everyone but white people, which defeats the whole purpose. If you made a choice to come here you gotta hold that L if you got discriminated against because you had another option. African American had no other option.

Daps
These numbers are fantasy the whole California tax revenue is 248 billion.
Even if u stretch it out 10 yrs(optimistic)
It would take 21% of the tax revenue each yr.
Alot of these states are in break even any small amount of increase in cost will have dire consequences.
At best this is yearly small checks of 7-22k
For the next 10-30 yrs.

broller

Veteran
Daps
If they actually pay that money out, props to them for giving descendants of slaves an iota of what they deserve. We're going to see how many are really allies of black people when those checks start flowing.

Big facts

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Reparations has been fought for nearly a century and a half.
I don't appreciate some internet ass muhfukka putting their stamp on it just cause they put some letters together in the age of social media
I'm sure Callie House or Queen Mother Audley Moore, etc would've "gone live" or "tweet" if they could've :camby: