Would you throw your fiance in the bushes if she refused to sign dat nup?!?!

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is a trust issue. You don't trust that your marriage will work out. Because others marriages have failed.

People in NY didn't believe their houses could/would ever be flooded which is why they didn't have flood insurance but Sandy came through and flooded their buildings. Even things that don't seem likely can happen.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So ok, lets say I've read up on the laws. Lets say you're 100% right.

I'm not by any means rich, but I have a number of assets. According to the law none of that is up for grabs if I get married then divorced, but my experience has taught me that dudes with less assets than I have gotten fleeced in divorce settlements. Maybe the attorney was a rat, maybe the girl was scorned, whatever it is. You're telling me that based on my experiences, I shouldn't get a prenup?
I'm not telling you you shouldn't do anything. I'm telling you your understanding of marriage and divorce is off. A dude will always tell you he was perfect and still got "fleeced" in the divorce while his ex-wife was a dirty bytch who road into the sunset with his money. But reality says that's not the case. Most divorces end with both people being hurt emotionally and financially regardless of the existance of a prenup.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not telling you you shouldn't do anything. I'm telling you your understanding of marriage and divorce is off. A dude will always tell you he was perfect and still got "fleeced" in the divorce while his ex-wife was a dirty bytch who road into the sunset with his money. But reality says that's not the case. Most divorces end with both people being hurt emotionally and financially regardless of the existance of a prenup.

It's gonna be ugly regardless, I'm just saying it's less ugly for both parties if we agree ahead of time what goes down if we decide to separate.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
People in NY didn't believe their houses could/would ever be flooded which is why they didn't have flood insurance but Sandy came through and flooded their buildings. Even things that don't seem likely can happen.

Once again with this insurance line. Accidents are by nature unavoidable. Marriage and divorce are conscious decisions. Please stop comparing the two.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
naive about what? You keep operating with this comically binary idea that the man enters the relationship with all the wealth, all the potential earnings, while the woman chills at the house only leaving to go to the nail salon or the club, and then one day telling her man she wants a divorce out the blue and saying "give me half ya sht"...basically you have a very limited, TMZ vision of the world, that is informed through high profile divorces.

I guess I have to repeat, repeat, repeat to all you niqqas. If you have serious reservations about the person that you are marrying, whether financial or otherwise--- then there is no point in getting married to this person, and you should think twice.

:mindblown: Why did u totally ignore everything I said and then try to put words in my mouth :mindblown: U skipped over every point I made and every question I asked u. What the fucc the TMZ have to do with anything? :mindblown: Cmon man, stay on topic. U brought up females at nail shops and stay at home wives? :mindblown:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's gonna be ugly regardless, I'm just saying it's less ugly for both parties if we agree ahead of time what goes down if we decide to separate.

Maybe. But you also have to think about the precident you are setting before the marriage even starts. Your better off just marrying a woman who is close to you in assets, then you'd have none of this stuff to worry about.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
It is a trust issue. You don't trust that your marriage will work out. Because others marriages have failed.

Ignoring divorce stats doesn't take away the reality of divorces happening.....alot.

My truck is riding good right now, but just the added security of knowing I got AAA on deck makes me more comfortable, even though I might not ever use it.:manny:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe. But you also have to think about the precident you are setting before the marriage even starts. Your better off just marrying a woman who is close to you in assets, then you'd have none of this stuff to worry about.

I guess that's where we disagree. I wouldn't see it as a precedent. Personally, I think a prenuptial agreement should be mandated by law. Even if it's something as simple as, "In case of separation, both parties agree to marriage counseling prior to finalizing...etc." It's just a good idea, imo.

I think we've reached an understanding. We can stop here if you want.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is an important point. But it's still not fair because women do take more of a loss in terms of marriage since we tend to do more domestic work, take on more of the childrearing duties, not to mention have to worry about maternity leave and "mommy track" which translates to lost productivity at work and lower wages.

So women who come in with their own end up being fleeced anyway, because professionally, marriage benefits men>women. Usually.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Once again with this insurance line. Accidents are by nature unavoidable. Marriage and divorce are conscious decisions. Please stop comparing the two.

People changing over the years is completely unavoidable. :comeon: Whether those changes bring a couple closer together or have them drift apart is another issue, but change itself is unavoidable, especially over the course of a decade or two.

-InFeRnO-

#TPC onetime4yamind
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
:stopitslime:

Sunbeam microplush electric blankets for da win

bbb60428c4bbbbe57b18e4391ef0d296.jpg

:dead:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Not one person in here said that's our main concern in getting married, but thanks for your input.:rudy:
Apparently marrying a trifling person is at least a big concern if you're willing to give an ultimatum for such. :yeshrug:

"Hey. I want to spend my life with you and make a very big commitment to you but I don't know if you will fukk me over or not so sign these papers".

Seems idiotic/contradictory. If you have bad judgment on people, just don't get married. Pre-nups are never guaranteed to work anyway.

The concept of wasting my time on someone who I think will fukk me over seems stupid to me in the first place.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
posting funny gifs, and cheap insults are easy as fck to do, but I guarantee you if we put our accomplishments and wealth side by side and compared you'd be quiet as sht lil niqqa. Fall back.

Bruh, you could be the richest dude on this forum. You'd just be a rich simp. And its plenty of women that would love to marry you. I'll leave it at that. It's a reason why most dudes on here lookin at you funny.

Post that paystub tho. I want to see what a IT nikka makes :wow: