Would you throw your fiance in the bushes if she refused to sign dat nup?!?!

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
1. A pre-nup shouldn't be an ultimatum. A man shouldn't even ask a woman to marry him if they haven't discussed it in detail WELL before a ring is given.

2. If during the discussion one person is totally for pre-nups and the other is not, then they probably need to attend pre-marital counseling to settle that. Maybe they discover marriage is not best for them if it's something they can't agree on.

Certain conversations need to be had early on and not when you're about to make the ultimate committment to each other.

:noah: Clarity of communication. :noah:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Second if they just decide they don't love you and you haven't done anything to warrant that decision, then they won't be awarded alimony.

Also false. A friend of mine's father came home to his wife in the pool with Bo Jackson and the kids (this was yeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago, back when Bo Jackson was the man). Soon after, she filed for divorce, despite the fact that he wanted to make it work. He was ordered to pay alimony. I think there was a pretty big disparity in their incomes though. Goddamn she was fine as fukk too :ohlawd:. Even as a kid I was like, "Dude your mom is bad as hell."

Daps
Apparently marrying a trifling person is at least a big concern if you're willing to give an ultimatum for such. :yeshrug:

"Hey. I want to spend my life with you and make a very big commitment to you but I don't know if you will fukk me over or not so sign these papers".

Seems idiotic/contradictory. If you have bad judgment on people, just don't get married. Pre-nups are never guaranteed to work anyway.

The concept of wasting my time on someone who I think will fukk me over seems stupid to me in the first place.

First, a prenup protects you from more than just a "trifiling" person. Even a good hearted person may believe that they're entitled to more than you think they're entitled to. A prenup clears that air.

Secondly, there's nothing idiotic/contradictory about admitting you're not omniscient and the future holds uncertainties that are out of your control and hedging yourself accordingly. That's just the prudent thing to do.

Marriage is a contract. In every other contract we all seem to think it's prudent to define what happens if the stipulations aren't met, why is this any different?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. A pre-nup shouldn't be an ultimatum. A man shouldn't even ask a woman to marry him if they haven't discussed it in detail WELL before a ring is given.

2. If during the discussion one person is totally for pre-nups and the other is not, then they probably need to attend pre-marital counseling to settle that. Maybe they discover marriage is not best for them if it's something they can't agree on.

Certain conversations need to be had early on and not when you're about to make the ultimate committment to each other.

This I agree with. If you don't agree on this issue then you probably aren't compatible (and probably in more ways than just this one).

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Springing a prenup on someone the day before the wedding wouldn't stand in any court anyway if there was a divorce.

You and your lawyer would be morons to do so.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
maybe you should worry more about what you write, and less about jackie chan smileys...this is what you said:

So in order for this premise to work, the woman would have to enter into the relationship with little to speak of, and earn next to nothing during the relationship, which is typical of trophy wives and not normal relationships where both contribute. Thats how women "take half". Thats the tmz world.

So again, I will REPEAT...if you enter into relationship with a trifiling woman with little to speak of, and little to offer financially --- whether in present tense or in the future, then how can one be surprised by the results, which are things that you should consider before you enter into a marriage.

Youre the only one talking in extremes.

Why cant a VP at a F500 firm or an Engineer...both who make lets say 130K base salary, with an amazing pension plan and stock option bonuses and such get with a social worker who only makes 40K a year? why should he discriminate if he happens to really like that girl?

After that...if they split...why must all the things that he mostly earned or contributed to be split in half? It's unfair. I bet a lot of you dudes would have no problem if a girl asked for a prenup because she was richer than her dude...but if a guy wants one hes planning for failure.

Come on.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go read the laws bruh. The judge can and will order counceling before awarding a divorce. Especially if its the "just fell out of love" scenario y'all keep using.

Sure the judge can order it.

Waaaaaaaay different than "required by law in most states." Hence, absolutely categorically false.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Also false. A friend of mine's father came home to his wife in the pool with Bo Jackson and the kids (this was yeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago, back when Bo Jackson was the man). Soon after, she filed for divorce, despite the fact that he wanted to make it work. He was ordered to pay alimony. I think there was a pretty big disparity in their incomes though. Goddamn she was fine as fukk too :ohlawd:. Even as a kid I was like, "Dude your mom is bad as hell."

You don't know what was going on in their lives or the courtroom. You only know what someone told you.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@BlvdBrawler

You must have been a witness to every alimony divorce in America with all these stories you have. Seeing that alimony is a statistical rarity and you have an absolute wealth of stories about witnessing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@BlvdBrawler

You must have been a witness to every alimony divorce in America with all these stories you have. Seeing that alimony is a statistical rarity and you have an absolute wealth of stories about witnessing it.

Which is why I asked you earlier if I told you about my experiences, would you call me a liar? Sounds like you're getting close.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Springing a prenup on someone the day before the wedding wouldn't stand in any court anyway if there was a divorce.

You and your lawyer would be morons to do so.

Right! This is the absolute best way to get it completely thrown out and still lose half.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't know what was going on in their lives or the courtroom. You only know what someone told you.

That's true, nonetheless your assertion of...

Second if they just decide they don't love you and you haven't done anything to warrant that decision, then they won't be awarded alimony.

...has been proven false in this case.