Would you throw your fiance in the bushes if she refused to sign dat nup?!?!

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
:mindblown: Why did u totally ignore everything I said and then try to put words in my mouth :mindblown: U skipped over every point I made and every question I asked u. What the fucc the TMZ have to do with anything? :mindblown: Cmon man, stay on topic. U brought up females at nail shops and stay at home wives? :mindblown:

maybe you should worry more about what you write, and less about jackie chan smileys...this is what you said:

And all of a sudden people fall out of love, and the female gets half. I don't see why any man of means wouldn't want to protect himself or his assets.

So in order for this premise to work, the woman would have to enter into the relationship with little to speak of, and earn next to nothing during the relationship, which is typical of trophy wives and not normal relationships where both contribute. Thats how women "take half". Thats the tmz world.

So again, I will REPEAT...if you enter into relationship with a trifiling woman with little to speak of, and little to offer financially --- whether in present tense or in the future, then how can one be surprised by the results, which are things that you should consider before you enter into a marriage.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Ignoring divorce stats doesn't take away the reality of divorces happening.....alot.

My truck is riding good right now, but just the added security of knowing I got AAA on deck makes me more comfortable, even though I might not ever use it.:manny:
You shouldn't ignore divorce statistics, you should better understand them.

Having AAA on deck will also make you more inclined to call them than to fix the problem yourself.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Apparently marrying a trifling person is at least a big concern if you're willing to give an ultimatum for such. :yeshrug:

"Hey. I want to spend my life with you and make a very big commitment to you but I don't know if you will fukk me over or not so sign these papers".

Seems idiotic/contradictory. If you have bad judgment on people, just don't get married. Pre-nups are never guaranteed to work anyway.

The concept of wasting my time on someone who I think will fukk me over seems stupid to me in the first place.

Deviating from the issue. Nice try, there. There are more reasons for divorce than "trifling wives." There are other protection measures for other things that aren't guaranteed to work. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't have them in place to at least try to protect yourself. Besides, women need this shyt too, as they can wind up being vulnerable to be taken to the cleaners if they're not careful.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once again with this insurance line. Accidents are by nature unavoidable. Marriage and divorce are conscious decisions. Please stop comparing the two.

You think people don't naturally fall out of love?

Divorce is a decision BASED on a set of factors. When you make a decision to purchase insurance, you do so based on a set of factors. One decision is made in prepartion of something bad happening and the other is made because something bad already happened. How can you knock anyone that prepares themselves for the worse? Because you have insurance in place it doesn't mean you're just waiting for something to happen, you're just prepared in the event that it does and if it never does :manny:

Daps
Once again with this insurance line. Accidents are by nature unavoidable. Marriage and divorce are conscious decisions. Please stop comparing the two.

Divorce is not necessarily a conscious decision (and accidents are often the result of a conscious decision)....if your partner just decides they don't love you and files for divorce after 20 years, that's certainly not a conscious decision on your part.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
You shouldn't ignore divorce statistics, you should better understand them.

Having AAA on deck will also make you more inclined to call them than to fix the problem yourself.

:leon: Today I learned that all problems are completely fixable by oneself or that car accidents requiring a tow never happen, ever.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I guess that's where we disagree. I wouldn't see it as a precedent. Personally, I think a prenuptial agreement should be mandated by law. Even if it's something as simple as, "In case of separation, both parties agree to marriage counseling prior to finalizing...etc." It's just a good idea, imo.

I think we've reached an understanding. We can stop here if you want.

:snoop: counseling is mandatory before a divorce in most states.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Deviating from the issue.
No deviation. If you can admit you don't know how to spot character flaws/align a person's personality/wants/needs with your own's, then you'd be able to see why marriage isn't good for you.

I've never once felt inclined to enter into a business deal on an hope that someone isn't a shady character. If you don't have full confidence in them, why get married? Just be friends or boyfriend/girlfriend. What's wrong with that?

You all want to play like your so hard, but then be beggin' to get into a "business deal" that you don't like. :bryan: Undercover simpery.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1. A pre-nup shouldn't be an ultimatum. A man shouldn't even ask a woman to marry him if they haven't discussed it in detail WELL before a ring is given.

2. If during the discussion one person is totally for pre-nups and the other is not, then they probably need to attend pre-marital counseling to settle that. Maybe they discover marriage is not best for them if it's something they can't agree on.

Certain conversations need to be had early on and not when you're about to make the ultimate committment to each other.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
No deviation. If you can admit you don't know how to spot character flaws/align a person's personality/wants/needs with your own's, then you'd be able to see why marriage isn't good for you.

I've never once felt inclined to enter into a business deal on an hope that someone isn't a shady character. If you don't have full confidence in them, why get married? Just be friends or boyfriend/girlfriend. What's wrong with that?

You all want to play like your so hard, but then be beggin' to get into a "business deal" that you don't like. :bryan: Undercover simpery.

:usure: People don't change over the course of many, many years?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Divorce is not necessarily a conscious decision (and accidents are often the result of a conscious decision)....if your partner just decides they don't love you and files for divorce after 20 years, that's certainly not a conscious decision on your part.

First off this is an Internet myth. People don't just decide they don't like each other anymore. There is usualy a glaring issue that has always been there, and it was ignored until it got too bad. Second if they just decide they don't love you and you haven't done anything to warrant that decision, then they won't be awarded alimony.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
@KenyaDoll

We've talked about this a million times before.

My stance on prenups: If we (as in my future fiancé and I) are going to get a prenup it will be negotiated by BOTH of our attorneys WAYYYY before the wedding. No one is going to spring one on me the day before the wedding and I have to scramble to get someone to read it. We will simply be calling off the wedding until we can get things settled (no one is going to screw me over under the guise that they are protecting themselves). I'm not coming to the table empty handed either so it's really whatever.

I am against prenups (or divorce settlement in general) that are meant to "stick it to" one person (the man or the woman).

Last edited by a moderator: