Would you spend $$$ on a home gym in Coronavirus era?

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
:damn:
I was too slow
:damn:

man them shyts went quick! Try the direct link to the company. a$$holes on Amazon was selling for 1k plus but I got my cage and lat/row attachment for about $750

Go here. They are sold out of the combo for $750 but you can get the cage and order the attachment from Academy sports if you’re a vet for 10% off. Or ask your uncle etc. it’s only $225 for the lat/row attachment

FITNESS REALITY X-Class Light Commercial High Capacity Olympic Power Cage

Daps
I am thinking of starting a home gym. But biuying items when I can and getting decent stuff. So over the next 2-3 years I will have a nice setup rather than spending it all in one now.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
All of that stuff I posted in the links above arrived. Also Ordered a Seated Calf Raise machine from Overstock. Spent a day-and-a-half moving everything around in the garage, cleaning, and setting up. Have two 6'x4' Exercise Mats coming in a few days that will cover the entire exercise space.

80604154e7f05a1556206f23e037fe738709d25616e9655c198a6c4b32532bd5192d726a.jpg

After my workout I turn the flat bench sideways, take the safety pins out, and roll over the bottom frames so both cars still fit comfortably.

finally seen this rack in stock on Amazon... i got a few questions , how stable is the rack if I wanted to do Muscle Ups / Front levers and other calisthentics? it wont tip over or move, right? also trying to do some weigthted Pullups too.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally got a compact weighted vest (20 lbs)...so far been running/jogging/walking with it

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Def think I'ma just do this now. Bought another kettlebell and would get some heavy dumbbells, but they taxing with this shipping.:martin:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
finally seen this rack in stock on Amazon... i got a few questions , how stable is the rack if I wanted to do Muscle Ups / Front levers and other calisthentics? it wont tip over or move, right? also trying to do some weigthted Pullups too.
It's very stable. I use for weighted squats, bench, pull-ups, etc. It rattles a tiny bit when I'm racking/unracking. Other than that it's very solid especially for how much I paid for it ($250)

I can see doing muscle ups with it as long as you have the ceiling height for it. The rack is 7 feet tall. So depending on how tall you are and how high your ceiling is, you might end up bumping your head. Measure it out to be sure

But overall I'd buy it again for sure.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
It's stable for bodyweight exercises at my weight (Around 195lb). If you check the Amazon listing you will see there are smaller holes near the top and chin-up/pull-up bars. I added a DIY Cable Pull System with materials you can get from Home Depot/Lowes - Eyelet Hooks, Carabiners, pulleys, and 1/4" Coated Wire Rope. For those I do need to put a good amount of weight on the hind legs to keep it from moving, but that would be the same with most lighter Power Racks under $1000. Just wanted to note that in case that was something you were thinking about doing that in the future.

Last edited:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why can’t Ebay and Amazon crack down on these a$$holes and their price gouging? I saw one dikkhead sell a weight set of 260 pounds for $2000....without shipping included

ebay and amazon just siting on their asses allowing these people to price gouge like crazy. They had energy when people were charging crazy prices for soap or toilet paper or even something as small as $5 extra the normal price but it’s like whatever to them with the weights

they need to do their job and flag the accounts of all these people