Would you consider Aborigines black?

IslandG

All Star
Daps
This is false. AfroAmericans are more likely to put their race (black) before their ethnical name (Afro/African American) or nationality (American). Foreign "blacks" are more likely to put their rooted place of origin (nationality) or tribe (ethnicity) before their race.

Where are you getting your info from breh? Your next door neighbour? What you're say is patently untrue.
Get some stamps in your passport and go travel the world. I've lived in or travelled to the majority of Caribbean islands and every black person refers to themselves as black. Ain't never met anyone who goes around saying they are "Afro-Jamaican", "Afro-Antiguan", or "Afro-Bajan". All say "I am a black man".

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
as long as they're of recent "black african" origin, they qualify as "black" regardless of phenotype and genetics, hence, these are both "black" people in the USA

sn9gF8q.jpg

By no stretch of the imagination would I consider the guy on the right 'black'.

This man could comfortably operate within white social and demographic lines without people questioning his ethnicity.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Where are you getting your info from breh? Your next door neighbour? What you're say is patently untrue.
Get some stamps in your passport and go travel the world. I've lived in or travelled to the majority of Caribbean islands and every black person refers to themselves as black. Ain't never met anyone who goes around saying they are "Afro-Jamaican", "Afro-Antiguan", or "Afro-Bajan". All say "I am a black man".

I've witnessed it firsthand. A Haitian, Jamaican, etc.. will not come with the prefix "Afro_" because it's already acknowledged they come from "black" nations. If one was to go up to people and say "What are you"? The foreign, non-american ones, will respond by their country of origin and the ones from latin america would use the "Afro__" prefix, hence

LoMRKAk.jpg

Wyclef "Im Hatian"

wgpmv4T.jpg

Wale "Im Nigerian"

vjvfJ1R.jpg

Chano "Im Cuban...Afro-Cuban"

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
By no stretch of the imagination would I consider the guy on the right 'black'.

This man could comfortably operate within white social and demographic lines without people questioning his ethnicity.

he's "Black" by the USA definition, which is

• "Black or African American. A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa. It includes people who indicate their race as 'Black, African Am.' or provide written entries such as Kenyan, Nigerian, or Haitian."[16]

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Yes I would. That's the problem with BP. We always want to be divided as someone said earlier in the thread. The reason BP globally can't advance is b/c we let the WM create terms that separate and "rank" us. If these people consider themselves Black I would agree.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
he's "Black" by the USA definition, which is

• "Black or African American. A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa. It includes people who indicate their race as 'Black, African Am.' or provide written entries such as Kenyan, Nigerian, or Haitian."[16]

Which is why people like Rachel Dolezal can fool the NAACP into believing that she's black.

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
:laff: :laff: this thread is runinng rampant with agents. these people are BLACK! i take y'all as entertainment value, nothing serious. wooo:wow: :russ: y'all retarded

I realize that this bored is filled with Cac's and dudes who have no knowledge of self. Dudes always speaking about sum division shyt and it's blatantly obvious.

This.

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
Anomaly.

I have a friend. A black woman. Went travelling in Sri Lanka with her white partner (I know, I know). She got treated like an alien. People would honk their cars at her as they drove past. Men just yell at her, wink at her, touch her braided hair etc. the woman would give her dirty looks etc. No way are these people black. They saw her and saw a black person, an African. Not someone like them in anyway.

If she was in Brazil, Ecuador, USA, Ivory Coast, Zimbabwe, Somalia she wouldn't have been treated like that. Because those are countries with BLACK people. People that are fukking Africans of one type or another.

To start, I'm not disagreeing with you. Her being a Tamil Sri Lankan raised in Germany shaped her experience. :yeshrug:

IslandG

All Star
Daps
I've witnessed it firsthand. A Haitian, Jamaican, etc.. will not come with the prefix "Afro_" because it's already acknowledged they come from "black" nations. If one was to go up to people and say "What are you"? The foreign, non-american ones, will respond by their country of who come from "black" nation and the one from latin america would use the "Afro__" prefix, hence

Wyclef "Im Hatian"

Wale "Im Nigerian"

Chano "Im Cuban...Afro-Cuban"

What's the context of all these quotes? So if Usain Bolt in an interview says that he's Jamaican, you'll take that to mean that he doesn't consider himself black or isn't proud to be black? :usure:

Plus you're framing everything with respect to the US, more specifically what a black person travelling to the US would use to describe themselves to an American?
Put it this way...what would a black person from the US say when they travel to the Caribbean when asked by an islander "what are you?".

I can tell you what they DO NOT say (since a many come as tourists to the Caribbean and you meet them everyday). They certainly DO NOT say "I'm black". They don't even say "I am African American". They say "I am American"

Like I said, AA don't have any authority to say who's black and who isn't.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
well, also because they completely stripped us of our identity, culture, religion, language, land, etc. as you stated, other people will identify with their nationality first, as will I. maybe "black" should be renamed to something exclusive towards AAs, but i do not consider other black ethnic groups apart of the tribe.
Act as if transatlantic slavery only happened in the continental United States brehs

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

The Coli is obsessed with this idea, and it's genuinely bizarre as hell because I've never seen this shyt in my life. I've also been all around the islands (and southern Africa), and no one remotely thinks or speaks like these clowns keep insisting. I'm sitting here like :dwillhuh: :wtf: :mindblown: :heh: reading this nonsense.

Just more proof that faux militants on the Coli really aren't about shyt. They learn everything from the Internet and all their interactions/experiences are on the Internet.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
This is a lie. Stop repeating it. A Caribbean person is much more likely to say that they're black than an American. A Caribbean person would say "I'm a black man", while an American would say that "I'm an African-American". When did AA get authority to say who's black and who's not black? Not to mention that an AA is more likely to be a half-breed than a black person from the Caribbean. foh. :camby:

I work with a dude from Ghana, he says in America he has no problem calling himself black but when he goes home it's meaningless. You saying he's wrong?

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
Maybe this video from Australia will give you some insights, how things may work "down under". You are looking at things from indigenous Australian perspective. Whether you agree or disagree that is your issue, but you don't live in their world nor you understand their own personal struggle.

Last edited: