Worst Final Fantasy game?

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I don't get people that don't understand how to play 8. Always seemed easy as fukk to me.

It has the best world in any RPG imo.
Maybe I was too young at the time to understand its mechanics :yeshrug:
I loved 8's art design though, to this day its the only FF I have not beaten. However, I could beat it now that I understand that Junction >>>> LvL

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
For me its 9...the return to children was a bit weird considering its all been teens/adults but whatever, I can excuse that as typical JRPG behavior. Then the story came along, and I was all but done. Vivi for me, was the only likeable character...everyone else, not so much. It was far too whimsical for me to enjoy. Also Squaresoft (at the time) really loves lion-human hybrids...I remember seeing the original sketches for Sora and could only think; "Damn, what's with Squaresoft and fukking tails?"

All that aside, I just didn't enjoy the combat system or the art style. I know many people enjoy it over 7, but for me, its the worst.

Honorable mention; X-2, loved the job system returning, however they turned it into Barbie Dress up; Find my Boyfriend edition.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I both love and hate Final Fantasy VIII. Game has some legit amazing moments like the whole first disc and the parts are in space with Squal and Rinoa when they fell in love and they took Rinoa when they were saved. It also had some really dumb stuff like the whole Junction system and the GF made us forget we all came from the same orphanage.

Still has quite possibly the best intro in gaming. One of the better love stories in a JRPG and honestly though it was implied I never figured out who Squal's father was till later in my life.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
the hype ruined VII for me... especially since the story can easily be considered a weaker version of VI.

CC was unique, it had a fairly passive story that unfolded around you up until around the 5th or 6th year when you get to mag mell.

You werent considered to be some legendary hero, you were just an average caravaner who gathered myrrh to keep your village's crystal going much like every other caravan.

The Lore is also deep, yet passive aswell. you can easily breeze through most the game and not notice alot of the history of the world.

The gameplay itself was also really great, it wasnt the traditional turn based strategy type game, you were actively in the fight trying to survive. Inventory was well done too although it could have used more slots.

Music was really smooth and pleasant to the ears. it wasnt no rock cac bullshyt, it was sweet and melodic. Calming wind percussion instruments

FFCC was one of the strongest side games in all of the FF series. although the sequels and prequels were the weakest. :wow:

What system was this on?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The worst main game was final fantasy 2, what an abortion that game was.

The worst side game was Crystal Chrnonicles The Crystal Bearers, pure trash.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
2363830-snes_finalfantasymysticquest.jpg

The game itself is fisher-price status, but at least the soundtrack was legit.