Worldwide PlayStation 3 sales reach 80 million

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
all great franchises :ld: im not going to roll with the g-unit argument and just run with sales because fans are sheep and that doesn't determine quality.. you should remember that, because y'all will be using that as an argument when we line up exclusive vs exclusive sales for the ps4 and xbox 1.
Not about sales, its more about name recognition and word of mouth that would go out and makenon knowledgeable people bye a system

The most known non sports gaming franchises is probably cod, battlefield, halo and gears(and im talking non nintendo games also) gears of war was a not known franchise, after gears one released word mouth spread about the games and that it was a must have

no ps game did that this gen, only the show and heavy rain lived up to the hype imo, the others were overhyped imo

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No lie, I bet at least 5 million of 360s sold were due to RROD and I'm just being nice with that number.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not about sales, its more about name recognition and word of mouth, gears of war was a not known franchise, after gears one released word mouth spread about the games and that it was a must have, no ps game did that this gen, only the show and heavy rain lived up to the hype imo, the others were overhyped imo

same thing can be said about those ps3 games you listed. :yeshrug: ps3 didn't have a big game like halo but sleeper hits like uncharted, infamous and killzone 2 kept the ball rolling
:ohhh:

Not that I don't believe you breh I know where your allegiances are,

so to the Sony fans is this true ?? If so wow:huhldup:

The company has been combining the numbers for PS3 and PS2; and PSP and PS Vita, so we don’t have accurate numbers of how much they shipped.

The PS3/PS2 totals are at 80.4 million compared to Xbox 360′s 77.2 million. It’s not clear how much the PS2 shipped but if it did less than 3 million then the PS3 has officially surpassed the Xbox 360 in worldwide sales.

http://n4g.com/news/1251015/sony-fy12-results-ps3-ps2-ships-16-5-million-total-at-80-4-million

appears to be true, but they also include psp and vita.

teacher

All Star
Daps

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's no secret as to why the 360 sold more? every last person i know who has one, had to buy at least one more because of the rrod. once the ps3 drops to that 130 price price point i've seen analyst talk about, i'm sure competition will be alot closer.

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's no secret as to why the 360 sold more? every last person i know who has one, had to buy at least one more because of the rrod. once the ps3 drops to that 130 price price point i've seen analyst talk about, i'm sure competition will be alot closer.

Wouldn't the Xbox also fall in price aswell if the ps3 got that low ?

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
:beli:So we are still gonna ignore the fact that Sony adds ps2 sales in with that number

Is the PS2 still in production? How many do you honestly think they are selling? The number is miniscule which is why its just thrown in. Not like they are adding lifetime PS2 numbers in conjunction with the PS3 numbers. When was the last time you even saw someone with a new PS2?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Is the PS2 still in production? How many do you honestly think they are selling? The number is miniscule which is why its just thrown in. Not like they are adding lifetime PS2 numbers in conjunction with the PS3 numbers. When was the last time you even saw someone with a new PS2?

Yes they are still manufacturing them and they are still selling well in developing countries. They were still getting new games up to a year or so ago.