"Worldstarhiphop is much blacker than the Coli..."

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
Obviously Worldstar isn't 'Blacker' than TheColi, he's bugging for that

But he's spot-on as far as the Carlton Banks comment. There's a significant disconnect between the majority of TheColi and the greater Black community. Children of Mid/Upper Middle Class black households are oftentimes far removed from authentic Black culture and view it largely in the abstract, that's why the 'hood' videos that get posted on here or videos that are more reflective of our visceral, everday culture are seen as "cacs and c00n" topics. I believe this is what TheColi calls "New Blacks".
That shyt is cac and c00n topics when you post ignorant wshh clips. That shyt aint aint our culture, and it should be shunned and abused. That bullshyt is a bad look and should not be praised on this forum.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps

But he's spot-on as far as the Carlton Banks comment. There's a significant disconnect between the majority of TheColi and the greater Black community. Children of Mid/Upper Middle Class black households are oftentimes far removed from authentic Black culture and view it largely in the abstract, that's why the 'hood' videos that get posted on here or videos that are more reflective of our visceral, everday culture are seen as "cacs and c00n" topics. I believe this is what TheColi calls "New Blacks".

The majority of these nikkas only frame of reference for Black men is Carlton Banks, Barack Obama or Nas. And that's cool but the disconnect festers nontheless and you'll see nikkas on TheColi talk in white conservative language about Black people who aren't like them, allat "ghetto ratchet thugs!" talk you see on here is a testament to that.

Feels like some Twilight Zone shyt, lml. This is exactly what we say about some BW.
Actually everyone now, suburbs or ghetto, are new blacks. 70 years ago our parents and grandparents (or great grandparents to some of you) came from the rural South. My mom grew up raising their own chickens living in an all black rural community in the south.

Those comments come from white supremacy. To them, we can't have various influences in our culture, we have to come from one place and act like a certain set of characteristics or else we aren't "typical black". White supremacy and the people who submit to it reduce and stereotype us instead of understanding that we are a varied and multifaceted people and always have been. Being multifaceted is part of personhood and telling us we can't be black is taking our humanity away. They are allowed to come from rural parts of the world, the suburbs, the city. They're allowed to listen to all kinds of music, go to school or stay home, go through teenage years and act like stupid kids, then wise up and become adults. They are allowed to grow and change. A person in the Appalachian mountains in a trailer is just as white as a wealthy NorthWestern tech entrepreneur.

But we are fake black unless we come from 1990s Inglewood and if we aren't we are removed from our culture. FOH.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
:mjcry: ...specially that shyt they was saying about their white fathers :picard: had to #getout:damn:
They hate their white fathers because they cannot be their white fathers.

White men are incapable of raising Asian sons. They raise white sons who have an Asian lineage, which is different.

Asian women are incapable of raising Asian sons. They, too, raise white sons with an Asian lineage.

The more cac the Asian son looks, the easier his home life and social life is. He's a banana.

Hapa daughters are not Asian. They are exotical cac women. And their lives are the easiest of all.

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Actually everyone now, suburbs or ghetto, are new blacks. 70 years ago our parents and grandparents (or great grandparents to some of you) came from the rural South. My mom grew up raising their own chickens living in an all black rural community in the south.

Those comments come from white supremacy. To them, we can't have various influences in our culture, we have to come from one place and act like a certain set of characteristics or else we aren't "typical black". White supremacy and the people who submit to it reduce and stereotype us instead of understanding that we are a varied and multifaceted people and always have been. Being multifaceted is part of personhood and telling us we can't be black is taking our humanity away. They are allowed to come from rural parts of the world, the suburbs, the city. They're allowed to listen to all kinds of music, go to school or stay home, go through teenage years and act like stupid kids, then wise up and become adults. They are allowed to grow and change. A person in the Appalachian mountains in a trailer is just as white as a wealthy NorthWestern tech entrepreneur.

But we are fake black unless we come from 1990s Inglewood and if we aren't we are removed from our culture. FOH.

I think yall are harping on this idea of socially typecasting Black people into one 'mode', and that's absolutely right, White supremacy holds our very sense of 'Blackness' to a rigid set of stereotypes that they use to further oppress us,and non-white groups have appropriated that set of thinking and been subsumed under the broader ideological school of White supremacy, no arguments here at all.

However, that's not necessarily what the Asian dude was speaking to above (Admittedly, I didn't real every comment, but the one I cited atleast). his observation was more about the disconnect that I spoke to between the various (And relatively 'new') socioeconomic masses in the Black sphere and the ideological shift that's come as a direct result of that. and further, how it's extremely prevalent on TheColi, ironically since this is supposed to be the paragon of Black discourse on the interwebs.

When you talk about Inglewood in the 90s as a means to juxtapose the two 'extremes', you're further playing into that in a sense by seperating yourself (A black man/woman) from another Black man or woman based with wanton disregard for our own history (There's a reason why Inglewood or Detroit has the issues it does, and it's not because 'ghetto people live there' or some shyt, which is often what these arguments boil down to, and that's a white man's talking point.)

Migration and cultural shifts are foundational elements of a people's identity, and in our short history(post slavery) that's been doubly true, but my issue stems from the often white supremacist attitudes of certain Black people, the Asian dude just picked up on it too is all.

note: I've lived in just about all socioeconomic classes as a Black man, so I'm not just talking shyt to nikkas for the sake of it.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

The majority of these nikkas only frame of reference for Black men is Carlton Banks, Barack Obama or Nas. And that's cool but the disconnect festers nontheless and you'll see nikkas on TheColi talk in white conservative language about Black people who aren't like them, allat "ghetto ratchet thugs!" talk you see on here is a testament to that.

Feels like some Twilight Zone shyt, lml. This is exactly what we say about some BW.
You just contradicted the actual stats posted in here that dispute that and co-signed their (reddit) shyt despite the proof saying otherwise.

:mjlol:

"hood videos are more reflective of your everday culture" :mjpls:

so in summary you think just like the reddit dudes that majority of black people and also the most authentic black people are hood :dead:

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You just contradicted the actual stats posted in here that dispute that and co-signed their (reddit) shyt despite the proof saying otherwise.

:mjlol:

"hood videos are more reflective of your everday culture" :mjpls:

so in summary you think just like the reddit dudes that majority of black people and also the most authentic black people are hood :dead:
This the shyt I'm talking about, no type of reading comprehension.

Stop quoting me.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This the shyt I'm talking about, no type of reading comprehension.

Stop quoting me.
The first thing you state was "obviously worldstar isn't blacker than the coli" then went ahead and bodied yourself

I won't quote you anymore, obviously you are confused and talking in circles ala juelz gif.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
what's the point of hate?... leave that to cacs

some of y'all act like the same people you resent
You haven't read the anti-black comments on the Hapa sites.

Those dudes have fully embraced their fathers' bigotries. They just run into error messages when the bigotry is about asian masculinity.