"Worldstarhiphop is much blacker than the Coli..."

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Gonna used this thread as an exhibit for my point going forward..

71ebda645c26c3059a1e0fe8a6c738fe.png

[
cc37ab3f5137ee745046b4271c58df66.png

[QUOT
:picard:

I will say in regards to this kinda stuff my biggest gripe is with folks near both of the extremes...
linear_relationship.png

1. Those who grew up around extreme poverty & violence
Why? My prob with them revolves around the extent to which they assume the hell they went through growing up is the same for all(most) AAs.
Typified by...
  • Not wanting to live around black people cause they are tired of "da hood".
  • Wanting to move out to the suburbs around cacs.
  • Complaining about AAs as a group when referring to specific negative subgroups.

2. Those who grew up away from other African Americans in white suburbs.
Why? My prob with them revolves around the extent to which they have a cac image of AAs who they never grew up or lived around.
Typified by...
  • Having the same talking points as cacs as concerns AAs
  • Believing that what they see in rap videos and on the evening news from their couch in white suburbs is the totality/majority of AA life. (similar to AAs who only think ...safari, "tribes", ebola, & conflict as concerns Africa cause thats all cac media shows them)
  • Believing that there are only three types of AAs. Rich AAs, AAs like themself who live in white suburbs, and poor ghetto dwelling AAs.(basically they act like if they weren't rich or didn't live around cacs they would have to live in violent slums)
I have a prob with both for different reasons. As I said numerous times I grew up in a "financially integrated" neighborhood in a city thats 80ish% African American, Birmingham AL. Now were there problem people? Sure, but anybody who knows anything knows that folks who about that kinda life only really mess with other into the same shyt. I'm not worried the auto repair man down the street is going to shoot the postal worker :mjlol:
(...though a little bruh hated when project kids would steal bikes while you sleeping or gone from home. Gotta wait till Christmas and shyt for a new bike :mjcry:)
Anyway, it's not until you can make a proper analysis of the dynamics of AA life(which is what @BlackPrint is stating isn't happening) that you are able to make targeted programs for those bad apples.(If everybody is broken then you don't know who you should fix first ...or more importantly who's reliable)

Last edited:

Truetalk

Banned
Daps
This is gonna be super long but I think it's important.

I don't speak in absolutes. The majority of 'affluent' Black people come from The Hood anyway

To your question, the children/forthcoming generation that makeup that background oftentimes struggle with

Linguistics. There was a lengthy conversation in here about Ebonics/AAVE/Pidgin/whatever. The majority of Black people that don't grow up around other Black people or Black influences don't understand why Black people choose to articulate themselves in a dialect that fuses African syntax into the overarching linguistic strutcture (English). Language is one of the foundational aspects of a people's culture. If only they spoke with proper grammar, it's really not that hard. If a person can't relate to you simply off how you're speaking, there's an immediate disconnect. You see that on TheColi aswell.

Etiquette/ tradition.
It may seem trivial, but the vast majority of Black black cultural groupings (AA, WI, Carib etc.) are part of what's called a high-context culture, very interpretive and many things go unsaid out of a shared sense of experience/understanding, there was a thread not too long ago on here that went several pages about "the nod" among Black men as a sign of mutual understanding. It goes alot deeper than that, but you get the drift
If you are a Black Man and another Black Man gives you "The Nod" in these streets...

Thought. Ideas like Pan-Africanism and Black nationalism are the cornerstone of Black thought, group economics, generational wealth and allat good shyt yall talk about on some level derives from one of these schools of thought. Once you lose your sense of thought focused on Black issues on the backdrop of Black culture, you take up the inverse.. You become a cac in Blackface.

Music. Relatively straight-forward, there was a thread on here a few days ago about 21 Savage rapping about the hardships of living in The Hood and how external forces play a dominant role in it's continued stagnation.. This is literally the cornerstone of Hip Hop.. The poster did not understand that and attributed it to his relationship with Amber Rose softening him up.. this is a fundamental misunderstanding of Black culture, Black discourse and Black music. This is what I mean when I say the broader Black community becomes abstract to some nikkas. They know alot of our people are living in the struggle, but realistically they've never seen that and have trouble comprehending the extent to which these circumstances perpetuate themselves against our own efforts.. The white man will fill in the Blanks for that and you get Black people who parrot white conservative talking points and simply tell black people to "pull themselves up by the bootstraps!". Our problems don't exist to someone who doesn't know/understand them.

Music II this is more trivial. A suburbreh who grew up listening to Coldplay and My Chemical Romance will have a harder time understanding how they derive from art-forms our people created. We are the most musically gifted people on the planet.

There's MUCH more but this all plays into how a Black person comes to view others and themselves.. Communal living, nontraditional families, matrilineal society, these are all historical elements of Black American (And African ppl in general tbh) culture that shape our views on contemporary issues like Birth control, women's rights, sex, media, everything really.. This is our culture, it's not something to look down upon, and it doesn't mean you're ghetto or live in The Hood.

When you see this ideological shift that essentially parrots a White conservative agenda (I wonder why), you see nikkas on TheColi who didn't grow up around other Black people saying they would like to BOMB other Black men who they feel are a deviant strain of our people (I like how we said 70% of blacks are above the poverty line and forgot that means more than a quarter of us aren't:troll:).

tired of writing now.

Yup. Rap music has put more dollars into Black hands than any other form of entertainment and put our issues (Many of which have been discussed in the song) on the forefront. Not to mention it's probably saved more Black lives than any hospital u can imagine lol. Like Jay Z, who's also from Bedstuy.

It's ironic that you cut the actual song out and just included the behind-the-scenes shyt. The dudes in the video are in an actual incubator of Black culture speaking and living a reality of that, because you don't like/understand it, doesn't mean that it's not uplifting. After all, Hip Hop is about living your truth, being yourself on the backdrop of the Dominant society's campaign against you.

He was talking about the non blacks copying blacks like that fakkit color hair clown are they uplifting black community answer is no those types don't give a fukk about blacks it's a business to exploit blacks like the corner liquor store foreigners exploit blacks but blacks love to be exploited which is the sad part