Working for black female managers 0/10 do not recommend

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
One thing I noticed about black women managers is that the atmosphere is a bit chill. They are with the shyts when the time is needed, and will make sure schedules are fair and to the point.

Also they keep it more a bean versus a white manager because they in the same boat as a worker, ten times over because of their color and stature :mjpls:

They run the gamut, from tolerant and easygoing to azzkissers and egoistic compete-over-everything types. Once it hit them that I wasn't in their way with corporate me-me-me-ness...things always evened out.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Try dike white supervisor that kept giving me shyt because the employee she had a crush on, wanted to mate with the married marsupial :francis:
lmao ive had 1 dike manager at a restaurant job in university and she pretty kinda annoying and would just snitch on staff instead of asking us to do shyt. She wasn't horrible but she was mad non confrontational and made it seem it was our fault

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
meh

from personal experience, divorced white women are the worst
Bolded the operative word. You soon start to see why they were divorced. White women in general are mostly miserable but if they’re recently divorced? Man, they take cûntiness to a whole new level.

And what’s worse, they have the gall to try and treat black women (older ones especially) like their therapist. Treating them like “The Help”.

Conversely, divorced men seem a lot more free and happy go lucky. Providing their ex-wife didn’t take them to the cleaners. They’re like a brand new man.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
The only Good female managers I have had was an Indian one who was happily married (to an Indian man) with kids, and a Older Black lady who was happily married to a Black Man and had sons thus she viewed me in that lens.

Anything else (single black women especially) are usually horrible because they tend to be insecure in their abilities thus over compensate by micromanagement/being a bytch.
happily married white women usually dont do shyt though. They work from home most of the time and always have the "my kids xyz" excuse but no one ever holds them accountable for being on time or being in office.

chic in my department currently does this and no one says anything

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
happily married white women usually dont do shyt though. They work from home most of the time and always have the "my kids xyz" excuse but no one ever holds them accountable for being on time or being in office.

chic in my department currently does this and no one says anything

they tend to suck because their incompetence/laziness/excuses tend to spill over to them being useless and that burden falling on their team.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I worked with one in my 20s but I was a knucklehead that time too. I think she projected some personal issues she had with BM on me though.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I worked with one in my 20s but I was a knucklehead that time too. I think she projected some personal issues she had with BM on me though.

they always do, even on Black male children in the school system. Their misandry gets projected on black boys.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
they tend to suck because their incompetence/laziness/excuses tend to spill over to them being useless and that burden falling on their team.
they also just dont be having any technical skills (but most white women in my field I come across usually don't)

most white women tend to get by on nepotism so they usually just develop soft skills instead

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852
I’m a Black woman and Ive never had a Black woman as a manager because my field is very male dominant which is on the civilian side of DOD. I report directly to the c-suite anyway, I think it’s pretty slim to see one there at this point in my career. I’ve heard good and bad things over the years from friends and coworkers. Seems to be a mixed bag. I have had Black men managers in the past(none now) and they were great. Except for one. Showed a lot of teeth if you know what I mean. :mjpls:

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I’m a Black woman and Ive never had a Black woman as a manager because my field is very male dominate which is on the civilian side of DOD. I report directly to the c-suite anyway, I think it’s pretty slim to see one there at this point in my career. I’ve heard good and bad things over the years from friends and coworkers. Seems to be a mixed bag. I have had Black men managers in the past(none now) and they were great. Except for one. Showed a lot of teeth if you know what I mean. :mjpls:

Black men tend to be chill as hell or a minority will be on some Weasle Carlton Banks shyt, which is annoying but different than dealing with a "bytch"

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I’m a wonderful manager. Let you pick your projects, stay out of your way, empower you to tell people “no” or that they’re taking too much of your time.

Haters :rudy:
There are many situations when Black women would have a predisposition to not like a Black female boss, but it doesn't take long to realize that it's clearly not the boss who is the problem. Boss turns out to be cool af :mjlol:. These chickenheads have a track record of bad attitudes and work habits. I've seen a many a time (as others here).

It's like the lazy dumb student disliking the professor because they are not learning anything......meanwhile everyone else is picking up the material just fine.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
I’ve worked for two black women managers (same company, one left then the other came after a failed creh took the position). Both were the best work experiences I’ve ever had. They both gave me room to do what I did and empowered me into roles I wasn‘t necessarily “qualified“ for. Pandemic killed it all and I haven’t experienced that kind of work interaction since. I’m frankly spoiled by it now.

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852
Black men tend to be chill as hell or a minority will be on some Weasle Carlton Banks shyt, which is annoying but different than dealing with a "bytch"
Yep. I shoulda added that white women managers are annoying as fukk. A lot of times it was the drama they would bring. Most were passive aggressive. Wanted to get all us women alone on some woman power shyt but all goes out the window when you needed back-up. Mostly cowards. They also don’t leave family life at home and aren’t present for the job.

Over the years I saw a lot moved to another department, building, state because they were too busy tryna secure a husband or/and fukking all around and making it messy for us all. To me, my whole career, when it was a ww it was always like, “brace yourself”. Team anxiety goes through the roof. They have been 0/10, imo.

They also don’t do well with direct questions/answers, especially when it comes from women and definitely a BM or a BW. I’ve had many report me for being rude when I was just providing what they needed. Just because I don’t want to sit in your office and talk shyt/gossip about other coworkers or don’t go to lunch with you does not make me rude. I’ve learned over the years of my career and by observing men, to be direct and to the point. I noticed men talk A - B. Women do A - C - X - P -AND THEN, finally, B. In my personal life I’m definitely A - C - X - P - B but at work it’s always A - B.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Yep. I shoulda added that white women managers are annoying as fukk. A lot of times it was the drama they would bring. Most were passive aggressive. Wanted to get all us women alone on some woman power shyt but all goes out the window when you needed back-up. Mostly cowards. They also don’t leave family life at home and aren’t present for the job.

Over the years I saw a lot moved to another department, building, state because they were too busy tryna secure a husband or/and fukking all around and making it messy for us all. To me, my whole career, when it was a ww it was always like, “brace yourself”. Team anxiety goes through the roof. They have been 0/10, imo.

They also don’t do well with direct questions/answers, especially when it comes from women and definitely a BM or a BW. I’ve had many report me for being rude when I was just providing what they needed. Just because I don’t want to sit in your office and talk shyt/gossip about other coworkers or don’t go to lunch with you does not make me rude. I’ve learned over the years of my career and by observing men, to be direct and to the point. I noticed men talk A - B. Women do A - C - X - P -AND THEN, finally, B. In my personal life I’m definitely A - C - X - P - B but at work it’s always A - B.
bolded is why I brought up white women and their kids in an earlier post

Just because you have obligations to your kids, doesn't mean you get special treatment. But that's what happens when corporate America is built on creating companies that are just glorified boys and girls clubs