Wonder Woman 3 Not Moving Forward

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Replacing Momoa as Aquaman doesn't make sense. It was a BILLION DOLLAR MOVIE. And you have James Wan directing. I understand scrapping the other actors. But Momoa and Gal work as Aquaman & Wonder Woman.

Also, cntractually I think Reeves has an ironclad contract regarding creative control over his Batman for at least 3 movies. And I don't think he wants his movies connected to the DC UNIVERSE. Nor should they be.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Replacing Momoa as Aquaman doesn't make sense. It was a BILLION DOLLAR MOVIE. And you have James Wan directing. I understand scrapping the other actors. But Momoa and Gal work as Aquaman & Wonder Woman.

Also, cntractually I think Reeves has an ironclad contract regarding creative control over his Batman for at least 3 movies. And I don't think he wants his movies connected to the DC UNIVERSE. Nor should they be.
You’re not looking big picture. Keeping Momoa as this incarnation of Aquaman and Gadot still has ties to the Snyder aesthetic which has been a failure. Yeah they could keep making Aquaman movies with Momoa but he’s still tied to that universe. Killing it and making a new and improved DC universe allows them to fully cut ties and hopefully make a new slate of films that will fare better critically and commercially than the Snyderverse.

Reeves movies will not be connected to a new DC universe. People are silly speculating that they would be.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Keeping Momoa as this incarnation of Aquaman and Gadot still has ties to the Snyder aesthetic which has been a failure.

that's nonsense... A reboot is fine because Gunn is new to the role but Aquaman was not a fail. it was one of the highest grossing movies of all time.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's nonsense... A reboot is fine because Gunn is new to the role but Aquaman was not a fail. it was one of the highest grossing movies of all time.

Exactly. Replacing Momoa as Aquaman is madness. What are they gonna go back to the joke version of Aquaman? Momoa made Aquaman look cool.

They need to be careful of who they put into these roles and the directors they choose for these movies going forward. Because if you jettison the actors that worked, and then if there is a failure with these new crop of films. DC will be set back at least a decade.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
In your zeal to defend DC you misconstrued what I was saying. Aquaman itself yes was a successful movie, but the Momoa version of Aquaman is still connected to the failed Snyderverse. As such, DC is in the weird middleground where they wanted to move on from it, but are still using the same actors playing the same characters from it. That is bad strategy long term, and it seems that Gunn gets that. So instead of trying to milk Snyder Aquaman for some more money (while still having to keep the rest of the characters in that universe for their movies - ala. The Suicide Squad), it appears the decision has been made to just fully reboot and start over. This is what a lot of people have been saying is the strategy they should have deployed years ago.

Also, lol at them rebooting because Gunn is "new to the role". They're rebooting because that's the best way forward to finally have a DC universe that can live up to its potential.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I would've loved to have seen a live action version of Dr. Psycho (the Harley Quinn animated series has made me a fan of his) but to be honest, I'm not really sad about this news. Oh well.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I'm not happy, loved the Synderverse aesthetic and soundscape. We get Henry back after years and then limbo again and as he's aged well into the role.

DC had the right ingredients just too many execs causing chao in the kitchen.

There were some duds but Gunn knows what he is doing, so we can just wait and see.

MoS 2 with Brainiac or Darkseid...man....what a wasted opportunity!

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
it's a new regime.. new execs.. and he was brought in to head the studio but somehow u believe he wasn't gonna wanna have his own vision?
He wasn't just brought into head a new studio just because lmao. If the DCEU had been as successful as Marvel, do you think they would be bringing in a new head of the studio? It would be like replacing Kevin Feige because they want someone with a new vision. That would be stupid. He's being brought in to right the ship which I hope he does because I want to see an actually good DC universe as someone who is as big a fan of the characters as I am Marvel.