Women In Baltimore Public Housing Were Forced To Trade Sex For Basic Repairs

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they had the means to just up and go buy a new appliance I doubt theyd be living in the projects in the first place:dead:

And in 2018 its damn near impossible to live in an urban area without a refrigerator breh. Especially if you got kids
Ive lived it. In Panama with no refrigerator, no hot water heater and even no electricity at times. My family had the gas stove that you hooked up to the propane tank and cooked by candle light some times.

no fridge life, you keep staples like rice, vegetables, beans etc and you buy your meats daily (if you must consume meat). if you dont want to do that you always keep your meat in a cooler. Ive lived that life for REAL with no housing authority, no welfare, none of that shyt. You do what you gotta do to survive and taking in strange dikk aint the solution. unless thats the solution you chose.

and again, If you not paying market rent and husting up a couple hundred to cop a refigerator from craigslist aint an option but prostitution is i dont know what to tell you:yeshrug:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
BmoreGorilla said:
maintenance workers in that particular complex do their jobs instead of taking advantage of tenants

Naw, not "hopefully"...what do you think is really gonna happen?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Ive lived it. In Panama with no refrigerator, no hot water heater and even no electricity at times. My family had the gas stove that you hooked up to the propane tank and cooked by candle light some times.

no fridge life, you keep staples like rice, vegetables, beans etc and you buy your meats daily (if you must consume meat). if you dont want to do that you always keep your meat in a cooler. Ive lived that life for REAL with no housing authority, no welfare, none of that shyt. You do what you gotta do to survive and taking in strange dikk aint the solution. unless thats the solution you chose.

and again, If you not paying market rent and husting up a couple hundred to cop a refigerator from craigslist aint an option but prostitution is i dont know what to tell you:yeshrug:
This aint Panama breh. Let you not have a fridge in NYC and see how things turn out for you:heh:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Prolly nothing tbh but that's neither here or there. The whole point is these women were in a dire situation and some sexual predators took advantage. There's really no way around that

These women let themselves be taken advantage of. They weren't "forced" or "raped" like folk tryina say in here.
There's no way around that.

Mr.bocario

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Things I’ve learned from this thread:

Most black people on the Coli come from, single mothers so we should understand where these women are coming from

There was literally no other option for this women other than to be taken adavantage of by the maintenance men.

These women are stuck it a situation that is completely no fault of their, own and therefore are not responsible for anything

Did I miss anything :patrice:?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
These women let themselves be taken advantage of. They weren't "forced" or "raped" like folk tryina say in here.
There's no way around that.
The whole point is that they should've never been put in that position in the first place. They pay rent. Their repairs shouldve been done hassle free without question. Did they make a choice? Absolutely. But like I said before desperate times call for desperate measures. And yes some of the victims were certainly raped being that some of them were underage.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
What's unstated is that all of these women had children but none had men in their life to protect them.

Where were the men? The fathers, the lovers?

How can you call yourself a man, and leave your women to be preyed upon like this?

And in jail isn't a complete answers. Once they're out of jail then what?
They're likely at odds with their men due to the child support system putting men and women at each other's throats. Blame toxic femininity for that

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
The whole point is that they should've never been put in that position in the first place. They pay rent. Their repairs shouldve been done hassle free without question. Did they make a choice? Absolutely. But

You can stop right there, homie.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Hey in a capitalistic society, you get what you pay for :yeshrug:

If you don't like it, go to a place where you'll receive better treatment and better service for your money

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I observed I had a lazy landlord, and I moved accordingly.

And I didn't say that what I did was common or likely...I said that it's an option.

Everybody got choices.
Yup, if you want better, you have to pay for better.

The only thing that I will agree with is that there is a bare minimum of decorum that should be expected here---such as not being sexually solicited in exchange for someone doing their job.

When you have maintenance workers who are overwhelmed with orders saying "hey, I have 10 people in front of you...but if you let me hit, i'll move you to the top of the list :shaq:"....then i think that's a problem.

But I don't live in the PJs, and I'm not responsible for folks being there...so this is their battle. They are not "my women" and it isn't my battle.

IMO if you live in the PJs any longer than 2 years...you have other problems that need addressing, because it was never intended for long term living or for generational inheritance.

Last edited:

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
I keep seeing this lazy argument that ALL of these women choose thugs or bad guys to procreate with, which is why they found themselves in such a predicament. Has it ever occurred to some of you that maybe, just maybe some of them may have

Conceived from rape
Are widowed
Taking care of a relative's child(ren)
Had men present themselves as upstanding men but dipped
Were in abusive relationships (in most of these relationships, the violence does not start from jump)

Did some of these women make bad decisions? Sure...making a poor decision is a human thing, not a ghetto thing, not a hoodrat thing, a human thing...so please cut the bullshyt and not use this to push your agenda that women want thugs because some chickenhead in HS gave you the :camby:

Some of you also missed the part where it stated that a woman who told a higher up was subsequently ignored by the entire staff out of retaliation. Would I have chosen to go through with the sexual acts, absolutely not because for starters I have the background and the means to not be that desperate. Unfortunately for some of these women, there is (in their minds at least) no way out. You have no money to move, no one to borrow from, no means of finding alternative solutions. Some may not be physical or mentally capable of getting an average job. Accordingly, if they're faced with the choice to perform a sexual act for a few minutes to get potential LIFE saving maintenance (mold, gas leaks, lead paint, etc.) for you and any children they have, and they take door #1, I'm not going to scorn them. It is under duress, which under the law IS FORCING.

Its a damn shame there is more anger shown towards the women here than the bozos who abused their power because they either can't get p*ssy by their own merit or get a kick out of taking advantage of people. Sad state of affairs.