Women In Baltimore Public Housing Were Forced To Trade Sex For Basic Repairs

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
bytch no nikka cares how much money you have, what type of job you have, how intelligent you are or about your personality. All a man cares about is if you look good, fukk good, act reasonable, and follow his lead.
:scust:
This is the stuff that cacs post online, but wouldn't dare say to my face. Not one time ever. What a coward.:comeon:

:martin:

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
skip to main content

DONATE
Listen Live
TOM HALL & JONNA MCKONE NOV 27, 2015
Twitter Facebook Google+ Email

Listen
Listening...

0:00

CREDIT WEAA

Last spring, Freddie Gray was apprehended near the Gilmor Homes public housing project in Sandtown-Winchester, one of Baltimore’s most disadvantaged neighborhoods. His death from injuries allegedly sustained while in police custody focused a lot of attention on Sandtown, and the many challenges that residents there face, including the conditions at the Gilmor Homes.

In late September, allegations surfaced that women who live in Gilmor Homes were assaulted by maintenance workers who demanded sex in return for doing routine repairs in their apartments. In light of those allegations, producer Jonna McKone and I went to the Gilmor Homes where we met Perry Hopkins. He’s an organizer with Communities United, a group that advocates on behalf of the residents. In October, he took us to visit Tyesha Harrell who showed us around the rest of her home. We saw huge holes in the wall of one of the children’s bedrooms, caused, she said, by rodents. We saw tiles falling off the wall and evidence of cockroach infestation. The toilet leaks.

We’ve invited Housing Commissioner Paul Graziano to the show to address the Baltimore City Housing Authority's failure to act on allegations of sexual abuse and the conditions in public housing. He's declined our invitation, thus far. Since we first reported this story in September, the Housing Authority has said it will overhaul its work order system and hire more than 80 people to address overdue repairs. The Housing Authority has also been under investigation by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s.

After our visits to Gilmor Homes, we spoke with Eva Rosen, a postdoctoral fellow at Johns Hopkins University’s Poverty and Inequality Research Lab, and with Perry Hopkins, the community organizer who showed us around earlier.

RELATED PROGRAM:
MARYLAND MORNING
TAGS:
WYPR PROGRAMS
MARYLAND MORNING

• © 2016 WYPR

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
:scust:
This is the stuff that cacs post online, but wouldn't dare say to my face. Not one time ever. What a coward.:comeon:

:martin:
First of all bytch Im not a cac. I'm black second of all of course a nikka wouldn't say it to your face cuz he trying to smash and he say this shyt that'll fukk it all up. But I aint tryna fukk yo ass so I'ma keep it 100

Daps
Reppin
NULL
a family "friend" of my dad who has several rental properties tells me when female tenants cant pay rent/are late he makes them give him head or fukks:dwillhuh:.:snoop: nikka is grimey i Stamp and records the shyt also smfh. he rents out rooms in his houses and he almost always chooses single moms black/white/spanish it don't matter. He specifically chooses single good looking women with children to do this shyt.
:yeshrug: He's giving them an option, they could choose eviction or paying the rent

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's unstated is that all of these women had children but none had men in their life to protect them.

Where were the men? The fathers, the lovers?

How can you call yourself a man, and leave your women to be preyed upon like this?

And in jail isn't a complete answers. Once they're out of jail then what?

Ask the women, they chose these nikkas. Ask them if they even know who the fathers are

Daps
What's unstated is that all of these women had children but none had men in their life to protect them.

Where were the men? The fathers, the lovers?

How can you call yourself a man, and leave your women to be preyed upon like this?

And in jail isn't a complete answers. Once they're out of jail then what?

How can you call yourself a strong woman when you wont take responsibility for your own actions? DI d a man make her choose the guy she slept with or did she have free will to not have kids?? Could she have had kids with a hard working good dude who might have been a square?

:camby:

When you blame men for everything, you reinforce the idea that women are kids and not equals to men because they cant make choices and decisions on their own :camby:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How can you call yourself a strong woman when you wont take responsibility for your own actions? DI d a man make her choose the guy she slept with or did she have free will to not have kids?? Could she have had kids with a hard working good dude who might have been a square?

:camby:

When you blame men for everything, you reinforce the idea that women are kids and not equals to men because they cant make choices and decisions on their own :camby:

they trying to make us feel bad with the way we are being strict with the women. they are grown, yes we know men need to step up and be in the picture but if they are in situations like these, they can't also play the victim role. they are fully grown adults themselves.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Arabs at the corner stores be doing the same thing for groceries.... So much for integration.... Black ppl are in a vulnerable state

True. Them arab dudes get extra flirty when them young hoodrats come into the store. And I've seen several chicks with that "my kid needs formula" look on their face as Dawud gets alittle touchy feely. But this and the story is nothing new.

When the black family is socially engineered the way it is, it's no surprise that black women will have to degrade themselves for some of life's basics.

Peace