Wolf of Wall St.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
it flopped brehs :sadbron:
eYlOLue.png
Not a flop, just isn't dope as a lot of posters would have you believe. I wonder who the idiots are still going to see Anchorman 2? It may move up week 2 but like I said, still not a better flick than American Hustle

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
it flopped brehs :sadbron:
eYlOLue.png

That's not a flop. If it has a serious serious drop next week then you can call it a flop. Christmas isn't the right release window for that kinda movie when you got family in town and families flocking to theaters which is why you see the hobbit and frozen in the 1 and 2 spot. Plus the movie isn't connecting with a lot of the audience because regardless of the quality, there is A LOT of stuff in the flick that audience members may have a problem with, not to mention the running time. It's really gotta step up financially to be a serious contender come Oscar time

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You haven't seen it yet? :banderas:

the opening scene was funnier than anything in anchorman 2. the entire movie is actually really funny.

J Law and Amy Adams :ohlawd:

that soundtrack :lawd:

enjoy breh

:myman:. My dad is in town and I can't diss him for new year's eve so that may be the plan to catch American Hustle with him

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
That's not a flop. If it has a serious serious drop next week then you can call it a flop. Christmas isn't the right release window for that kinda movie when you got family in town and families flocking to theaters which is why you see the hobbit and frozen in the 1 and 2 spot. Plus the movie isn't connecting with a lot of the audience because regardless of the quality, there is A LOT of stuff in the flick that audience members may have a problem with, not to mention the running time. It's really gotta step up financially to be a serious contender come Oscar time

I don't think how the movie does financially has anything to do with its chances at the Oscars.

It should get a bunch of noms (Best Pic, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best editing) but the only things I think it'll have a chance with are Best Actor for Leo and Best Editing.

Maybe a very outside chance at Best Adapted Screenplay but I say there's a 95 % chance 12 Years a Slave takes it.

I expect 12 Years to dominate the big awards with Gravity dominating the technical/effects awards.