Wolf of Wall St.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think how the movie does financially has anything to do with its chances at the Oscars.

It should get a bunch of noms (Best Pic, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best editing) but the only things I think it'll have a chance with are Best Actor for Leo and Best Editing.

Maybe a very outside chance at Best Adapted Screenplay but I say there's a 95 % chance 12 Years a Slave takes it.

I expect 12 Years to dominate the big awards with Gravity dominating the technical/effects awards.

I think it has a better chance at winning the big awards with a good amount of money but that's just my opinion

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
just came back from taking my mom to see this based on this threads reactions and i wanna say thank yall 4 da trustworthy reviews i trust this site more than rottentomatoes the movie 2 me was simply amazing the pacing story flow leonardo's grisping acting performance, Leo might have actually just graduated into my favorite actor past Denzel, Denzel will always be a legend but I feel Leonardo Dicaprio has WAY more range. Shout out 2 Jonah Hill as well and the FBI Agent mighta actually been da first cop on screen i sorta liked. Oh and SHOUT OUT 2 HIS BAD ASS WIFE....... DAAAAAAAAMN

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
just came back from taking my mom to see this based on this threads reactions and i wanna say thank yall 4 da trustworthy reviews i trust this site more than rottentomatoes the movie 2 me was simply amazing the pacing story flow leonardo's grisping acting performance, Leo might have actually just graduated into my favorite actor past Denzel, Denzel will always be a legend but I feel Leonardo Dicaprio has WAY more range. Shout out 2 Jonah Hill as well and the FBI Agent mighta actually been da first cop on screen i sorta liked. Oh and SHOUT OUT 2 HIS BAD ASS WIFE....... DAAAAAAAAMN

Denzel has been mailing it lately to me..not to say they been bad performances but just sort of "oh ok, Denzel is doing his Denzel thing" Surprised you took your moms to see it though, was that an uncomfortable sit?

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was entertaining but it's messed up that Belfort screwed all those people out of their money in real life. Dude shouldn't be saluted for that shyt.

Also, he was blowing coke into the hooker's ass/vagina in that scene with the straw.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
It was entertaining but it's messed up that Belfort screwed all those people out of their money in real life. Dude shouldn't be saluted for that shyt.

Also, he was blowing coke into the hooker's ass/vagina in that scene with the straw.

Good point...I was just caught up into the hype :yeshrug: dude was on that Get Rich or Die Tryin shyt...and it was just :wow: to me..

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Movie is pure crack...shyt had me like :pachaha::bryan::lolbron: the entire movie...even more so cause i went with my girl and she didn't know it was just gonna be a bunch of fukkery...she watched the entire movie like :what::dwillhuh::why:...which had me even more like :russ:

I mean...5 minutes into the movie and Leo is snorting coke out a hookers ass...and did anyone notice he was snorting it OUT THE ASS...not off the buttcheeks...son had her ass in the air, pouring coke into the butthole and was snorting it out...:bryan::bryan:

His scene on the bench with the old lady was :bryan::russ:...shyt had me legit like "nah...nah he...he not...right":lupe::lupe::lupe:

The way his chick hit him with that lawyer talk was :whew::whew: to...

Matter fact that chick did a good job of acting in this movie...I thought she was gonna just be a ditzy blonde chick but she pretty much killed her role :ehh:

JUST got back from seeing this movie with the wife about ten minutes ago. I went in knowing what was up but she didn't :pachaha:. shyt was hilarious and one of the best pure 3 hours of fun I've had all year. Watching Cacs Cac sometimes can be funny, especially when you know it's a true story like this. I gotta say this for Leo, in a fair world it would be between him and Chiwetol Ejifor for Best Actor (with Michael B. Jordan as the dark horse and fukk Forest c00niker) this is HIS movie through and through. It all starts and stops with his performance, I'm one of the people who thought he deserved Best Supporting Actor last year for his role as Calvin Candie, but this performance is Leo at his very best. Charismatic, sleazy, sneaky, arrogant, nervous, explosive, jubilant, snarky, and genuinely having a good time through it all. I'm still riding with Ejifor as his turn in 12 Years A Slave had a little more meat to it and subtly, but if Leo wins I wouldn't be too upset at all...

Jonah Hill and Mathew Mcanoughy get a special shout out as well, really the entire cast was excellent, but like I said earlier NOBODY outshines Di'caprio in this flick.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:whew:

DiCaprio is unbelievable. Pure deranged brilliance. His career performance.

The 3 hours felt like nothing. I was never bored.

The editing was.................rushed. But that's about the only negative thing I can say about the movie.

One of the year's best and one of Scorsese's best.

I read the studio made Scorsese rush the editing to have it out by Christmas. Originally they were going to push it back to early next year

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
Denzel has been mailing it lately to me..not to say they been bad performances but just sort of "oh ok, Denzel is doing his Denzel thing" Surprised you took your moms to see it though, was that an uncomfortable sit?
Yea I was gonna say Denzel may have more delivery than Leo but I think hes at that point where he is sort of mailing it, either that or just having fun. And actually my mom wanted 2 see it so I surprised her wit a late christmas gift by takin her to the show, but she told me after she thought it would be pg-13 lol but we watch movies 2gether at home sometimes so im used 2 sittin through unexpected stuff with her so nah.

It all starts and stops with his performance, I'm one of the people who thought he deserved Best Supporting Actor last year for his role as Calvin Candie, but this performance is Leo at his very best. Charismatic, sleazy, sneaky, arrogant, nervous, explosive, jubilant, snarky, and genuinely having a good time through it all. I'm still riding with Ejifor as his turn in 12 Years A Slave had a little more meat to it and subtly, but if Leo wins I wouldn't be too upset at all...

Jonah Hill and Mathew Mcanoughy get a special shout out as well, really the entire cast was excellent, but like I said earlier NOBODY outshines Di'caprio in this flick.

I actually wanted to see Great Gatsby as soon as I left, and I just saw a Jonah Hill interview where he said hes super selective about what roles he takes now so he doesnt get type cast, after seeing this movie I finally accept dude has talent. Matthew Mcanoughy to me kinda out swags and out acts Leonardo a little bit tho, Hes got a real unique style and character, especially if anyone saw the Lincoln Lawyer.

Daps
Reppin
California

So. Even after everything we said you took your moms to go see this dog?? lol that's balls

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You took your mom to see this??? :dwillhuh: