Wolf of Wall St.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
“They gave me the lowest amount of money possible. That was their offer and I said, ‘I will sign the paper tonight. Fax ‘em the papers tonight. I want to sign them tonight before they change their mind. I wanna sign them before I go to sleep tonight so they legally can’t change their mind,” Hill said. He said he wanted to work for Scorsese. “I would sell my house and give him all my money to work for him,” added Hill. “This isn’t what you make money for. You do 22 Jump Street or you do other things, and you can pay your rent. I would’ve done anything in the world. I would do it again in a second … This sh*t isn’t about money. You should do things that you care about.”
- Jonah Hill

:wow:
I respect it :ehh:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I honestly thought he got straight up robbed for The Aviator. That was amongst his best performances
i thought the same but how do u deny jamie foxx for that performance of ray.Its like yeah liam neeson did his thing in Schindler's list but tom hank in philly was just on another shyt

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I thought The Aviator as a whole got robbed. This movie's making waves but I still hold The Aviator as the best collaboration Marty and Leo have done.
it didnt get robbed for shyt, scor had never won for best director at the time, making a flick about the golden era of old hollywood was too transparent.It was basically like holding a sign saying "please give me an oscar"

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
it didnt get robbed for shyt, scor had never won for best director at the time, making a flick about the golden era of old hollywood was too transparent.It was basically like holding a sign saying "please give me an oscar"

Funny, I would say him making The Departed was his most shameless "Please give me an Oscar" attempt, falling back on a genre that he'd already gotten critical acclaim and success for a decade beforehand, but not the proper awards recognition.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Funny, I would say him making The Departed was his most shameless "Please give me an Oscar" attempt, falling back on a genre that he'd already gotten critical acclaim and success for a decade beforehand, but not the proper awards recognition.
but departed as u say is in line with his bread and butter which as we know he has always been shun for.. I think a loosely based biopic on one of the titans of old hollywood is more oscar friendly than any movie dealing with gangsters.The only reason he won for the latter was because it was a make up call

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
“They gave me the lowest amount of money possible. That was their offer and I said, ‘I will sign the paper tonight. Fax ‘em the papers tonight. I want to sign them tonight before they change their mind. I wanna sign them before I go to sleep tonight so they legally can’t change their mind,” Hill said. He said he wanted to work for Scorsese. “I would sell my house and give him all my money to work for him,” added Hill. “This isn’t what you make money for. You do 22 Jump Street or you do other things, and you can pay your rent. I would’ve done anything in the world. I would do it again in a second … This sh*t isn’t about money. You should do things that you care about.”
- Jonah Hill

:wow:

Jonah went from being laughed at, hated, to respected. He had a vision for his career. :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
i thought the same but how do u deny jamie foxx for that performance of ray.Its like yeah liam neeson did his thing in Schindler's list but tom hank in philly was just on another shyt

Forgot that year was Jamie's Ray performance also. Yea Jamie was definitely worthy, he WAS Ray Charles in that flick, one of my favorite biopics