Wolf of Wall St.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:what: almost all movies that win oscars are oscar bait movies
erm no, dont be simple there are movies/performances that are practically begging for an oscar ie kevin spacey in pay it forward.Will smith in 7 pounds/pursuit of happyiness, DDL and co in 9 e.t.c Fundamental difference between that and no country, city of God, requim types

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe with the right script, people thought Matthew mcconaughy was a shyt actor now dude is nominated for an oscar in a lead role because he started taking the right roles. Hill has talent
i think he limited to a supporting actor, dude just looks goofy

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People forget Jonah makes millions per movie. He can afford to take a small amount for one movie. He seeing 8 figures off 21 Jumpstreet. He's also the producer of the movie.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
just watched this yesterday myself. wow just pure fukkery the whole time. god the life of rich degenerates :win:

i thought jonah hill sort of made the movie

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Movie was extremely entertaining, watched it tonight

When they showed what his car REALLY looked like when he drove it home :russ:
from the argument scene where brad ended getting pinched, up until this scene was gold.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Yes, we all have some culpability in all the things that happen in our lives....I was just addressing this notion that dude was nothing more than a good salesman and he did nothing wrong.

People spend 40+ (even 80+) hours a week analyzing stocks for a living, it's unreasonable to expect people with full time jobs and families to do the same. I don't say that to defend that fool's decision to throw 4 grand at a penny stock for a company he knows nothing about. I say that because at some point we all will have to rely on the word of analysts, we can't have those analysts telling bold faced lies.

This particular scene touches on a real issue with brokers. If they make 50% commission on one stock, and 1% on another they're obviously going to to push the stock that makes them more money. I don't think most legitimate firms have such drastic differences in commissions, but this eTrade commercial suggests there's some differences:

To me the biggest problem with the industry was illustrated by Matthew McConnagy (I know I butchered his name): Broker's main goal isn't to make you the most money, it's to keep you in the game. Keep investing, so he keeps making commissions. You get rich on paper, he gets rich with checks to blow on hookers, cars, and coke. He was dropping crazy game in that scene, best bit role I've seen in a movie in years

:salute: