Wolf of Wall St.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
thats jut sales bruhs..

I sold the most mifi's in the district many times working at Verizon. I didnt truly believe in the product, but it was part of my job to sell them and I was great at it.

The only things I WOUDLNT sell were HPCs because really they were just scams.. but id always get into arguments with my manager when they asked why I wouldnt sell them and coincidentally sometimes written up.. again thats just sales bruh

they arent victims because someone convinced someone to spend their money. Again, these are grown folks. Take responsibility. One of the people on the phone with Leo said "I have to talk to my wife" thats a SMART GROWN DECISION. But as a sales person, thats not an excuse you can tell your boss. So you try your best to convince them its a good decision even without her approval (THIS IS NOT A SMART GROWN DECISION, BUT MOST PEOPLE WILL TAKE THE BAIT BECAUSE THEY ARE WEAK MINDED INDIVIDUALS). So what did the guy over the phone do? He said "you know what, ill invest $6,000" (BAD DECISION BUT IT WASNT BREAKING THEIR BANK).. Leo OFFERED AND SAID "should make that $8000" and what did the customer say?! "Better make it $10,000"

Leo did not lie to the guy
all he did was a good sales pitch and the man over the phone fell for it hard.

No laws were broken in any of the conversations

again when I saw him under investigation the only thing I could possibly think about was the rabbit holes.. which he was dumb for having considering he was making so much legal money anyway

His firm was using pump and dump schemes. He was artificially inflating the value of worthless stock by purchasing huge amounts of shares. Once he used his sales pitche claiming that this stock was on the rise, you would by shares based on the that. But he was selling off his shares as soon as ppl invested in it, basically stealing money because he was the sole manipulator of that stock. That shyt is frowned on by security exchanges and the feds. It would be one thing if ppl just lost out and let the market play out, but another when you have a firm manipulating stock based on their actions only. Its in no way comparable to what you were doing at Verizon. You are selling legit products. You weren't selling shyt that was no value to customers

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
The sec wanted him to step down, and that would end the investigation, when he didn't leave the case reopened, and the feds don't work like that
and didn't that Tim Durham get like 50 years

I need to read the the details of actual FBI indictment I don't believe shyt in that book or anything this professional con artist has to say

I'm pretty sure his actual net worth was inflated by them bogus as stocks, not to say he didn't have millions, but he obviously is making it seem like he was bigger than he was.
I used the tactic to boost my clients debt to income when i would try to get them approved for jumbo loans

The SEC did force him to step down when they stripped him of his license. The only reason the feds nabbed him because of the money laundering. He had millions. He had dozens of ppl holding shares in their name for him. Hell, he got Madden locked up because dude was holding shares in his name.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm at work, so I can't pull up the exact wording, but two minutes before he let his true feelings be known about the stock and then he gets on the phone and express a completely different feeling. At the very least he lied about his belief in the stock.

I don't know shyt about the rules that govern stock brokering, so I won't speak on FBI charges, I'm just addressing your claim that they weren't victims.

No offense to you but you must've never worked a sales job. What Leo did in that scene was CLASSIC salesmanship. He didn't lie, he spun it in a way to make the invest seem more appealing to the customer. If I'm selling you an Asus laptop and you've never heard of Asus and I say that they are in the top ten largest PC vendors in the world with great products to rival HP and Toshiba for lower prices. Did I lie? No, I just made it more appealing to you to buy the product over a Toshiba. My commission may be higher for selling that product, Asus might have a history of bad motherboards, but did I specifically LIE to you?

Daps
No offense to you but you must've never worked a sales job. What Leo did in that scene was CLASSIC salesmanship. He didn't lie, he spun it in a way to make the invest seem more appealing to the customer.

No, he lied. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Just went back to check that scene Leo (Jordan) made up a whole back story for that company...said it was a "cutting edge high tech firm...awaiting imminent patent approval on the next generation of radar detectors that have huge military and civilian applications." He claims that although it's currently trading at $0.10/share, his "analysts have indicated it could go a heck of a lot higher." He claims he never asks his clients to judge him on his winners but on his losers and that "based on every technical factor out there we are looking at a grand slam home run"...he called it "the best thing he's seen in the last 6 months"....led the caller to believe it had "great potential upside with very little downside risk"

Those quotes are bold-face, unabashed lies.

Nick Barnes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis
And dumb ass people believe dumb ass shyt in movies, because they do nothing in real life

This nikka got all that cash, where did it come from

nikka is trading stocks, nobody coming to him dumping duffle bags of money

he has to move the money from trading account to a bank in order to withdraw in the first damn place

meaning he could have had his money setup to go to an off shore account in the very beginning like rich people do anyway

shyt don't make sense. He suppose to be making a million a weak
lets just pretend was just ignorant to how financial institutions work and decided to withdraw all his money from his bank account
and move physically to another country.
why the fukk is sending this bytch on airline with all this money instead of on a private jet
Also if all his money was going to another country was he playing on leaving America too and moving there

LMAO at the feds being cool with him stepping down from a company and not pursuing him further even though they've been investigating him for crimes
complete bullshyt, feds don't ever give up until your ass is in jail is what they're there for, you have to be a damn fool to believe any of this is true

The realest scene in the movie when his bum ass was at the seminer speaking to that room of depressed morons looking a way out of their pathetic lives.
I know because I been to a lot of them things when I was at that low point in life looking for answers on how to get rich, put damn at least I was 19 years old going to that shyt listen to this con men.

That book was the greatest scam he came up with, and he is great salesman, because people actually believing he was making a million a weak
then somebody had the nerve to post that weak ass beach party like that was suppose to some kind of proof of his legendary stunting
Lol it's a movie dumb ass, chill.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, he lied. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

It's funny the lenghts people go to justify a character they like; 'Marlo was just trying to give young black men self esteem, so really the murders and drug pushing is not a bad thing'. Just say you like the character and leave all the extra rubbish out of it.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
movie was just "good" not the best picture of the year in my opinion. did anyone else have a hard time keeping up with what year it was? i could only guesstimate from teh songs. oh and i did feel the movie was a bit too long. they couldve cut some of them scenes down. like when he gave his speech introducing Steve Madden my chick was like "he's STILL talking?!?!" :why:

Leo is a helluva an actor tho.​

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yes, we all have some culpability in all the things that happen in our lives....I was just addressing this notion that dude was nothing more than a good salesman and he did nothing wrong.

People spend 40+ (even 80+) hours a week analyzing stocks for a living, it's unreasonable to expect people with full time jobs and families to do the same. I don't say that to defend that fool's decision to throw 4 grand at a penny stock for a company he knows nothing about. I say that because at some point we all will have to rely on the word of analysts, we can't have those analysts telling bold faced lies.

This particular scene touches on a real issue with brokers. If they make 50% commission on one stock, and 1% on another they're obviously going to to push the stock that makes them more money. I don't think most legitimate firms have such drastic differences in commissions, but this eTrade commercial suggests there's some differences:

To me the biggest problem with the industry was illustrated by Matthew McConnagy (I know I butchered his name): Broker's main goal isn't to make you the most money, it's to keep you in the game. Keep investing, so he keeps making commissions. You get rich on paper, he gets rich with checks to blow on hookers, cars, and coke. He was dropping crazy game in that scene, best bit role I've seen in a movie in years

Even with all those hours of analyzing stocks and other financial instruments they still don't know much because the market is very susceptible to manipulation. If both sides kept it simple and according to what the market is for in the first place and that is to help companies to raise money for future investments it would be less corrupt. The idea that investors are gambling to improve their return and that stock brokers have superior knowledge is what is fukking up the game. The game is so fukked up that most financial instruments are created for gambling purposes not true investment. Common stocks, index stocks, mutual funds and the many variations of them are all mutually agreed upon gambling instruments.
There are other options for investment other than the stock market, how about researching those and investing in them.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
They're victims because you're taking advantage of people who don't know any better and are convinced by Jordan's salesmanship. Regardless if he's just really good at "selling stuff" (despite the fact that he outright lied to people as well)

Daps
Even with all those hours of analyzing stocks and other financial instruments they still don't know much because the market is very susceptible to manipulation. If both sides kept it simple and according to what the market is for in the first place and that is to help companies to raise money for future investments it would be less corrupt. The idea that investors are gambling to improve their return and that stock brokers have superior knowledge is what is fukking up the game. The game is so fukked up that most financial instruments are created for gambling purposes not true investment. Common stocks, index stocks, mutual funds and the many variations of them are all mutually agreed upon gambling instruments.
There are other options for investment other than the stock market, how about researching those and investing in them.

:ohlawd:

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Finally got around to seeing it...great movie wouldn't say its goodfellas or raging bull but still Marty hasnt gone wrong yet. Definetly best performance of Leo's career tho by far. Wouldnt be mad to see him get that oscar.