Wolf of Wall St.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
I'm typing on my phone, its a typo, congratulations, that fact you find that hilarious, but you can't talk about anything I else I brought up because you
like the information
I can give you some links if you want to learn

980.gif

:mjlol:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That book was the greatest scam he came up with, and he is great salesman, because people actually believing he was making a million a weak
then somebody had the nerve to post that weak ass beach party like that was suppose to some kind of proof of his legendary stunting

Have you read the book ? The actual figure laundered was 3 million. It wasn't the Feds who wanted him to step down it was the S.E.C and let's not forget in real life he had two other firms run by former employees paying him as well. $250 million over a 5 year period isn't that tough to achieve especially when you take big brands like Steve Madden public and create demand at will.

Sh!t look up Tim Durham a ponzi -scheme financier who milked investors out of $216 million. It isn't rocket science. People love to gamble, shyt I bought CELSION stock when it was $8 and poised to go up to $15 ...today it's at $3.93. This is why I only stick to only buying pre-IPOs

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Have you read the book ? The actual figure laundered was 3 million. It wasn't the Feds who wanted him to step down it was the S.E.C and let's not forget in real life he had two other firms run by former employees paying him as well. $250 million over a 5 year period isn't that tough to achieve especially when you take big brands like Steve Madden public and create demand at will.

Sh!t look up Tim Durham a ponzi -scheme financier who milked investors out of $216 million. It isn't rocket science. People love to gamble, shyt I bought CELSION stock when it was $8 and poised to go up to $15 ...today it's at $3.93. This is why I only stick to only buying pre-IPOs

the right amount of money could be life changing :wow:

Daps
this is what I dont get though.. how are they victims? They have the right to say no.. its not Leo(Jordans) fault he was a good sales person.. you cant FORCE anyone to say YES. Thats their own responsibility and risks and faults.

:wtf: he was straight lying to people to convince them to invest

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Rewatch the scene where he sells his first penny stock. He straight lied to dude.
he didnt lie to him, he worded what the company was doing in a unique way, but he wasnt lying to them. He used words like "potentially" and shyt.. thats not lying, cause it could eventually happen.. thats how people make big money in the stock market isnt it ? They potentially can make a lot of money by someone investing a lot of money into the product. Thats the whole reason companies are on the penny stocks in the first place

and not only that the FBI wasnt investigating him back then even if he was and by the time thye were investigating him he had a fully operational legal business

Daps
he didnt lie to him, he worded what the company was doing in a unique way, but he wasnt lying to them. He used words like "potentially" and shyt.. thats not lying, cause it could eventually happen.. thats how people make big money in the stock market isnt it ? They potentially can make a lot of money by someone investing a lot of money into the product. Thats the whole reason companies are on the penny stocks in the first place

and not only that the FBI wasnt investigating him back then even if he was and by the time thye were investigating him he had a fully operational legal business

I'm at work, so I can't pull up the exact wording, but two minutes before he let his true feelings be known about the stock and then he gets on the phone and express a completely different feeling. At the very least he lied about his belief in the stock.

I don't know shyt about the rules that govern stock brokering, so I won't speak on FBI charges, I'm just addressing your claim that they weren't victims.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm at work, so I can't pull up the exact wording, but two minutes before he let his true feelings be known about the stock and then he gets on the phone and express a completely different feeling. At the very least he lied about his belief in the stock.

I don't know shyt about the rules that govern stock brokering, so I won't speak on FBI charges, I'm just addressing your claim that they weren't victims.

At the very least he lied about his belief in the stock.

thats jut sales bruhs..

I sold the most mifi's in the district many times working at Verizon. I didnt truly believe in the product, but it was part of my job to sell them and I was great at it.

The only things I WOUDLNT sell were HPCs because really they were just scams.. but id always get into arguments with my manager when they asked why I wouldnt sell them and coincidentally sometimes written up.. again thats just sales bruh

they arent victims because someone convinced someone to spend their money. Again, these are grown folks. Take responsibility. One of the people on the phone with Leo said "I have to talk to my wife" thats a SMART GROWN DECISION. But as a sales person, thats not an excuse you can tell your boss. So you try your best to convince them its a good decision even without her approval (THIS IS NOT A SMART GROWN DECISION, BUT MOST PEOPLE WILL TAKE THE BAIT BECAUSE THEY ARE WEAK MINDED INDIVIDUALS). So what did the guy over the phone do? He said "you know what, ill invest $6,000" (BAD DECISION BUT IT WASNT BREAKING THEIR BANK).. Leo OFFERED AND SAID "should make that $8000" and what did the customer say?! "Better make it $10,000"

Leo did not lie to the guy
all he did was a good sales pitch and the man over the phone fell for it hard.

No laws were broken in any of the conversations

again when I saw him under investigation the only thing I could possibly think about was the rabbit holes.. which he was dumb for having considering he was making so much legal money anyway

Daps
thats jut sales bruhs..

I sold the most mifi's in the district many times working at Verizon. I didnt truly believe in the product, but it was part of my job to sell them and I was great at it.

The only things I WOUDLNT sell were HPCs because really they were just scams.. but id always get into arguments with my manager when they asked why I wouldnt sell them and coincidentally sometimes written up.. again thats just sales bruh

they arent victims because someone convinced someone to spend their money. Again, these are grown folks. Take responsibility. One of the people on the phone with Leo said "I have to talk to my wife" thats a SMART GROWN DECISION. But as a sales person, thats not an excuse you can tell your boss. So you try your best to convince them its a good decision even without her approval (THIS IS NOT A SMART GROWN DECISION, BUT MOST PEOPLE WILL TAKE THE BAIT BECAUSE THEY ARE WEAK MINDED INDIVIDUALS). So what did the guy over the phone do? He said "you know what, ill invest $6,000" (BAD DECISION BUT IT WASNT BREAKING THEIR BANK).. Leo OFFERED AND SAID "should make that $8000" and what did the customer say?! "Better make it $10,000"

Leo did not lie to the guy
all he did was a good sales pitch and the man over the phone fell for it hard.

No laws were broken in any of the conversations

again when I saw him under investigation the only thing I could possibly think about was the rabbit holes.. which he was dumb for having considering he was making so much legal money anyway

Dog, he intentionally misled that guy when selling his first penny stock. If you're ok with that, we abide by a different set of moral codes. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

The sec wanted him to step down, and that would end the investigation, when he didn't leave the case reopened, and the feds don't work like that
and didn't that Tim Durham get like 50 years

I need to read the the details of actual FBI indictment I don't believe shyt in that book or anything this professional con artist has to say

I'm pretty sure his actual net worth was inflated by them bogus as stocks, not to say he didn't have millions, but he obviously is making it seem like he was bigger than he was.
I used the tactic to boost my clients debt to income when i would try to get them approved for jumbo loans

Daps
:wtf: where was he lying ? He was being as convincing as he could be selling a product. Thats not lying. Take fukkin responsibilities for your purchases.

Just went back to check that scene Leo (Jordan) made up a whole back story for that company...said it was a "cutting edge high tech firm...awaiting imminent patent approval on the next generation of radar detectors that have huge military and civilian applications." He claims that although it's currently trading at $0.10/share, his "analysts have indicated it could go a heck of a lot higher." He claims he never asks his clients to judge him on his winners but on his losers and that "based on every technical factor out there we are looking at a grand slam home run"...he called it "the best thing he's seen in the last 6 months"....led the caller to believe it had "great potential upside with very little downside risk"

Those quotes are bold-face, unabashed lies.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just went back to check that scene Leo (Jordan) made up a whole back story for that company...said it was a "cutting edge high tech firm...awaiting imminent patent approval on the next generation of radar detectors that have huge military and civilian applications." He claims that although it's currently trading at $0.10/share, his "analysts have indicated it could go a heck of a lot higher." He claims he never asks his clients to judge him on his winners but on his losers and that "based on every technical factor out there we are looking at a grand slam home run"...he called it "the best thing he's seen in the last 6 months"....led the caller to believe it had "great potential upside with very little downside risk"

Those quotes are bold-face, unabashed lies.

There are several scenes in the movie that indict 'the investor', this being one of them. People who invest their $ in things they know nothing about and could care less to investigate on their own deserve to get duped. The even bigger point of the movie is all of society's general disinterest in finance and what the people in the industry do and are capable of doing is why we have financial crisis's that are still happening and we basically deserve it as well.

Daps
There are several scenes in the movie that indict 'the investor', this being one of them. People who invest their $ in things they know nothing about and could care less to investigate on their own deserve to get duped. The even bigger point of the movie is all of society's general disinterest in finance and what the people in the industry do and are capable of doing is why we have financial crisis's that are still happening and we basically deserve it as well.

Yes, we all have some culpability in all the things that happen in our lives....I was just addressing this notion that dude was nothing more than a good salesman and he did nothing wrong.

People spend 40+ (even 80+) hours a week analyzing stocks for a living, it's unreasonable to expect people with full time jobs and families to do the same. I don't say that to defend that fool's decision to throw 4 grand at a penny stock for a company he knows nothing about. I say that because at some point we all will have to rely on the word of analysts, we can't have those analysts telling bold faced lies.

This particular scene touches on a real issue with brokers. If they make 50% commission on one stock, and 1% on another they're obviously going to to push the stock that makes them more money. I don't think most legitimate firms have such drastic differences in commissions, but this eTrade commercial suggests there's some differences:

To me the biggest problem with the industry was illustrated by Matthew McConnagy (I know I butchered his name): Broker's main goal isn't to make you the most money, it's to keep you in the game. Keep investing, so he keeps making commissions. You get rich on paper, he gets rich with checks to blow on hookers, cars, and coke. He was dropping crazy game in that scene, best bit role I've seen in a movie in years