WNBA Legend Sheryl Swoopes has been hating on PAWG superstar Caitlin Clarke for some reason

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
A lot of ppl didn’t watch the WNBA before CC. Many don’t care to watch outside of CC. Therefore everything that happens in that league is viewed through a CC centered lense: “The league is too rough, look how they did CC! They need to change the rules!”

Cool

But I disagree with the framing that we're disagreeing with sistas for the sake of doing so.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
which is laughable because angle reese was their great black hope they thought was going to ruin CC rookie of the year campaign :russ: intel they released she's 70 percent hype they provably thought she had a lisa leslie/candace parker skillset with really never even watching her games intell she got to the wnba

then releasing she can barely make lay up at home looking like a combination:snoop: :francis:
“Great black hope”

This is what I’m talking about…:dead:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Cool

But I disagree with the framing that we're disagreeing with sistas for the sake of doing so.
I don’t see what else it would be. You got guys like Charles Barkley saying that players are being “too rough” on CC. This is the same Barkley who notoriously mocks the modern NBA for being “too soft”. A lot of brothers can’t help but play into the “white damsel in distress” dynamic when there’s a black female “villain” on the other end. Either wittingly or unwittingly. :manny:

Hell, it happened in rap when some brehs were coming to the defense of Iggy Azealia. While calling someone like Post-Malone or even Drake, a culture vulture.
:hubie:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
No she hasn’t. She’s been crowned too early. None of her fans are looking at her season and positioning in perspective. Even down to the crying that she got snubbed for the US Olympic team. It’s one thing to think someone is a great player and a future HoFer, it’s another to be delusional and to demand everyone else be delusional less they be labeled “bitter” “jealous” and “anti-white”. She is definitely a great white hope figure. Thats her brand. And it’s not necessarily her fault. Every black girl opponent is a villain in her way. What if she never lives up to the full storyline she’s been set up for?

My nikka she is third on the career 20 and 10 list and hasn't even played a full season yet.

She is the only rookie to ever record a triple double in league history, and she has done it twice.

She is 30 assists away from setting the single season record.

The girls talent is UNDENIABLE at this point. The ONLY reason anyone could have to descredit her on the court achievements now is if they have an agenda. Which you obviously do Cheryl.

There is no logical argument for her being overhyped. NONE!

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
My nikka she is third on the career 20 and 10 list in the entire history of the WNBA and hasn't even played a full season yet.

She is the only rookie to ever record a triple double in league history, and she has done it twice.

She is 30 assists away from setting the single season record.

The girls talent is UNDENIABLE at this point. The ONLY reason anyone could have to descredit her on the court achievements now is if they have an agenda. Which you obviously do Cheryl.

There is no logical argument for her being overhyped. NONE!
Angel Reese is setting double-double records, and it’s been reduced to “see now bagless she is!!! Look at her shooting percentage!!”

Aja Wilson is setting all time records as well, and there’s ppl intent on looking at her game in a vacuum and give the MVP nod to CC. The league is in transition. But only one players records are being put in a non-contextualized and non-analytical light, to keep the narrative and excitement going. Stop! :mjlol:

I’m waiting to see how JuJu Watkins will look in the league. Truth be told. :manny:

Daps
Angel Reese is setting double-double records, and it’s been reduced to “see now bagless she is!!! Look at her shooting percentage!!”
Double doubles are rather meaningless if you're scoring 10+ points as a 4 at 38%.

Let me put it like this, if she wasn't getting double doubles, but instead was shooting 54% and getting 7-8 boards instead, that would be whole a lot more impactful. Y'all really need to stop letting box score terminology fukk with your ability to judge players and the game.

Daps
I don’t see what else it would be. You got guys like Charles Barkley saying that players are being “too rough” on CC. This is the same Barkley who notoriously mocks the modern NBA for being “too soft”. A lot of brothers can’t help but play into the “white damsel in distress” dynamic when there’s a black female “villain” on the other end. Either wittingly or unwittingly. :manny:

Hell, it happened in rap when some brehs were coming to the defense of Iggy Azealia. While calling someone like Post-Malone or even Drake, a culture vulture.
:hubie:
17% of flagrant fouls in the WNBA this season have been on Caitlin, and it's not that they've come by the nature of the game, where accidents happen or heated moments boil over, she's been purposefully targetted infintiely more than any other player.

It only stands to reason that if someone is watching her getting roughed up far more than any other player, than they're going to have a more severe reaction as a result. This is only compounded by the notion that she's bringing attention to the league that otherwise wouldn't be there, so Chuck's essentially saying that, they shouldn't be too rough on her because it's not good for the growth of the game, and fukks up everyone's pockets.

Is the racial dynamic part of how folks feel the need to protect her? Well, I guess that's more relative to the society that we live in, rather than anything directly about her standing in the WNBA. Do you think these brothas would give a fukk if any other white woman was getting roughed up? Of course, they wouldn't, either because they wouldn't be paying attention in the first place, or because the fouls committed wouldn't be an outlier to fouls, in general.

The folks that actually watch hoops are getting behind her because she's a generational talent and she's living up to the hype.

Which, ironically enough, the publicity and fanfare that she generates actually helps out all the other Black women in the league, because it drives up their monetary value as a result. It's an almost paradoxical situation where getting behind this white broad is actually getting behind the sistas too.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
17% of flagrant fouls in the WNBA this season have been on Caitlin, and it's not that they've come by the nature of the game, where accidents happen or heated moments boil over, she's been purposefully targetted infintiely more than any other player.
There haven’t been that many flagrant fouls in the first place so this is incredibly misleading but on brand for you. The number of flagrant fouls on her does not differ drastically than the number of flagrant fouls on the person who lead the league in flagrant against them last year and the majority of those flagrant are literally from one team.
It only stands to reason that if someone is watching her getting roughed up far more than any other player, than they're going to have a more severe reaction as a result. This is only compounded by the notion that she's bringing attention to the league that otherwise wouldn't be there, so Chuck's essentially saying that, they shouldn't be too rough on her because it's not good for the growth of the game, and fukks up everyone's pockets.
No one is watching her get roughed up more than other players who watched more than just the Indiana Fever. The Pistons literally had Jordan Rules and that had no effect on the growth of the game.
Is the racial dynamic part of how folks feel the need to protect her? Well, I guess that's more relative to the society that we live in, rather than anything directly about her standing in the WNBA. Do you think these brothas would give a fukk if any other white woman was getting roughed up? Of course, they wouldn't, either because they wouldn't be paying attention in the first place, or because the fouls committed wouldn't be an outlier to fouls, in general.
The better question to ask is that if it was a black woman getting roughed up, would they react the same way? That’s the actual question.
The folks that actually watch hoops are getting behind her because she's a generational talent and she's living up to the hype.
No, the folks getting behind her are disproportionately her fans from her Iowa days that transferred over to the WNBA the way college fans used to follow their favorite players who spent 3 years on campus and then went to the league. To the contrary, these people don’t actually watch hoops besides her and their entire existence is antagonizing anyone seemingly opposed to her. For example, the nonsense about most of Reese’s rebounds being from her own misses that occurred once she made rookie of the year a competition.
Which, ironically enough, the publicity and fanfare that she generates actually helps out all the other Black women in the league, because it drives up their monetary value as a result. It's an almost paradoxical situation where getting behind this white broad is actually getting behind the sistas too.
Sure, bringing eyes helps grow the game - o question. But it has led to unnecessary hate their way. It is no different than the hate any white person who has had a critique has faced. The league is just mostly black and gay so they get it the most. It’s essentially how you dare you be aggressive towards her on the court or not kiss her ass or act like she is God’s gift to earth. What made every other face of a sport great is that their opponents wanted to beat their ass out there and they talked like it too. Anyone who has any competitive energy towards Clark it becomes how dare you say anything about her ever. You simply have this purest arrogance about yourself and so you ignore the obvious because you like Caitlin’s game. She is a great player and her white bread fans suck, two things can be true. She is great for the game and her greatness has also fostered unnecessary hate towards anyone who opposes her, again - two things can be true. Every great had antagonists, this is the first time we’ve been told how dare you clown or talk bad about our savior. nikkas said Shaq wasn’t good he was just big. They called LeBron an overrated crab dribbler. They shytted on Kobe, called Steph a frontrunner, etc.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Double doubles are rather meaningless if you're scoring 10+ points as a 4 at 38%.

Let me put it like this, if she wasn't getting double doubles, but instead was shooting 54% and getting 7-8 boards instead, that would be whole a lot more impactful. Y'all really need to stop letting box score terminology fukk with your ability to judge players and the game.
Box score terminology as if CC’s triple doubles records and 20/10 isn’t constantly thrown in our face with absolutely no context. :mjlol:

Selective context and nuance is being used constantly when it comes to CC vs the field.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

That 17% is misleading and is textbook propaganda. That stat has been floating around the internet and has been used even by analyst trying to push a narrative. The 17% amounts to a total of 5 flagrant fouls committed on her. And it goes on to say that 80% of them were committed by the Chicago Sky. If you remember, there was one flagrant in particular that was called on Angel Reese, in which she was going for the ball. Propaganda and narratives are easy to form when there's an agenda trying to be pushed. If you look at the total Personal Fouls Drawn, there are multiple black players that are well ahead of CC. This is all propaganda and narrative spinning, to keep the discourse discoursing and to keep the sports talk shows dialoguing. CC being white and the "mean black bullies" narrative is the heart of it all. Brothers are really falling for the okie doke!

The people who watch hoops, didn't get behind other generational talents like Aja Wilson, Cheryl Miller, and others. And it's for a reason. Telling players that they need to "Let up, and stop playing so rough" is disrespectful to competitors. Even if the trickle down fantasies of CC breaking the financial glass ceiling for everyone else, is on the table. :manny:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Aja Wilson is setting all time records as well, and there’s ppl intent on looking at her game in a vacuum and give the MVP nod to CC. The league is in transition. But only one players records are being put in a non-contextualized and non-analytical light, to keep the narrative and excitement going. Stop! :mjlol:

I’m waiting to see how JuJu Watkins will look in the league. Truth be told. :manny:

Angel Reese is fukking terrible. Stop it. None of us in here were going ham when Andre Drummond was beasting and averaging a double double. Reese is shooting under 40% as one of the tallest players on the court and is basically stat padding Offensive Rebounds.

If this was an NBA player we ALL would call it out. Stop giving this chick a pass. She's a scrub on the offensive side of the game.

CC is shooting a higher FG% as a guard taking more 3s than anyone in the league while Reese is missing point-blank layups. Literally if this was the NBA she would not be allowed in the fukking game.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Angel Reese is fukking terrible. Stop it. None of us in here were going ham when Andre Drummond was beasting and averaging a double double. Reese is shooting under 40% as one of the tallest players on the court and is basically stat padding Offensive Rebounds.

If this was an NBA player we ALL would call it out. Stop giving this chick a pass. She's a scrub on the offensive side of the game.
Here we go with the Andre Drummond bullshyt. More propaganda being spewed because "Black girl is BIG AND TOUGH! BLACK GIRL should take it!" narratives. At 6'3, Angel Reese is STILL(YES even in the WOMENS GAME) not that tall at her position, and is nowhere near being the tallest WNBA player in 2024. She's battling for every rebound while being basically Steph Curry's height. This chick is playing in the same league as Brittney fukkin Griner!!! The downplaying of an undersized player battling for every rebound and averaging a double-double, perfectly encapsulates what I've been talking about. "She's JUST ANDRE DRUMMOND!!!!" when in reality, she's basically like Thaddeus Young averaging a double-double. Drummond is 7ft my guy! I've been seeing the Reese-Drummond comparisons, to downplay her record. But it's apples to oranges. This is sick, fam! :mjlol:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

CC is shooting a higher FG% as a guard taking more 3s than anyone in the league while Reese is missing point-blank layups. Literally if this was the NBA she would not be allowed in the fukking game.
I'm not gonna act like I'm a WNBA super fan, but I have watched a couple games with my step daughter from the Fever and Sky and I will say the main problem with the Sky is the same problem that Clark fixed with the Fever, the Sky have no playmaker. Also Angel Reese is nowhere close to being the tallest player on the court, she is really playing out of position, considering she actually has a decent handle(I've seen videos of her crossing folks up in the rec) she really should be a point forward. Don't get me wrong her post game does need some work, but let's not get out of hand here. I'm suprised she doesn't miss more of her put backs, she is undersized to be in the paint bruh and she gets battered down there look at the videos she is literally 1 v 3 in the paint cause opponents don't respect anyone else on that squad and just crowd her down there. Clark's biggest strength is her playmaking ability, not her 3 point shooting. She is playing on a team with high draft picks that had no playmaker. Angel Reese did always have a better team around her in college, the roles have just flipped now. I think people really need to be patient with both of them because neither is nowhere close to their final form as players yet, granted I will admit offensively Clark is further ahead than Reese is atm.

The real issue with the Sky nobody brings up is that Cardoso is a #3 pick who doesn't play up to how high she was drafted. If she was better at what she is supposed to do Reese wouldn't have to be down there getting banged up to get rebounds and put up 1v3 contested put backs.