Not open for further replies.

BrehMan

Old Avi from :hamster:
Daps
Reppin
See the Avi
thats a decent date right there

:wtf:dude trying to hang out with a chick for two days and shyt with all that
The rest of that other sh1t could've gotten eliminated; especially pre-drinks and dinner drinks if you going to a bar afterwards. U could've went to a bar with a pool table instead of a Dave and Busters type place. Plus I wouldn't date a woman without a car; so a Uber is out of the question.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
you shouldn't spend 250 just to talk to someone, we've established that. now what about the women you like that actually deserve the finer treatment?
Actually deserves :mjlol:

The only woman that "deserves" that kind of bread would be my significant other, not someone I'm trying to get to know. You got this shyt fukked up breh.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The only woman that "deserves" that kind of bread would be my significant other, not someone I'm trying to get to know. You got this shyt fukked up breh.

answer the question, how much does your SO deserve? you still take her out on dates too, right?

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
the dude who cant even afford to date will probably end up bogged down by child support, simply because he had kids he couldn't afford. im not suggesting take any and every check out on 250 dates, it's not even feasible. im suggesting dont even date until you can afford the women; along with all the responsibilities that can come along with it--like child birth and providing for a family.

if a 250 date will break your bank, what will happen if she accidentally gets pregnant?

It's not about whether you can afford it. Just because I can afford to light my cigar with a $100 bill doesn't mean I should. It's about tricking or treating. Spending $250 on a regular date is tricking, spending $250 should be a treat for a special occasion. It's just not sustainable in the long term. Do the math - 250 a date times 4 dates a month = 12,000 a year. You could buy a car, put a downpayment on a house, start a business etc.

And I can't agree that you shouldn't date unless you got money. The best way to get your money up is to have someone to share expenses with so broke dudes should get with broke women and save money together. And it's always better to build with someone. At least you know they want you for you and not your money.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

Basically but we have to understand to some dudes that's the only way they can get action by giving every chick the 5 star treatment before they even deserve it. I think dude one of them cats from the stuff he saying.

being able to spend $100+ on a first date =/= being able to provide for a family
You just gotta leave ole boy to his tricking devices and female like talking points.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Never spent that kind of money on a woman when i was single and im including the dime pieces.

My WIFE and I spend that kind of money on each other from time to time when it's just us kickin' it on a date night but that's only because we have a history together and a family. And then being parents, even then we have to budget that shyt before circling the calendar .
To me, she's worth it now that I know her but when we first met and I asked her out, I spent maybe $30 tops. A movie.
You start out cakin' these women to that extreme they're going to expect you to keep that shyt up or some bill is going to come up lacking on your end...:francis:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
being able to spend $100+ on a first date =/= being able to provide for a family
i agree, but exhibiting the ability and desire to provide for a woman is a good first indicator. of course the guy on a netflix budget could be a great father. just like the guy wasting 250 on a date could be a deadbeat. but most guys on this cheap ass shyt just want to keep the market devalued for themselves. it would be all good if this behavior didn't spill into other areas, like providing for a family, or passing on generational wealth.

so i'm all for setting a standard and pricing a lot of future deadbeats out of the game. :yeshrug:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
The sad thing about this is that there are so many dudes I know personally who would immediately drop that much money on a woman they met 2 nights ago. Those dudes are the ones saddled with $150,000+ student debt, can barely make rent, and eat of Ramen yet still puff out their chests like they're big shots.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
i agree, but exhibiting the ability and desire to provide for a woman is a good first indicator. of course the guy on a netflix budget could be a great father. just like the guy wasting 250 on a date could be a deadbeat. but most guys on this cheap ass shyt just want to keep the market devalued for themselves. it would be all good if this behavior didn't spill into other areas, like providing for a family, or passing on generational wealth.

so i'm all for setting a standard and pricing a lot of future deadbeats out of the game. :yeshrug:

It doesn't make sense to price out a lot of future deadbeats when it comes at the cost of decent/financially responsible men.

Status
Not open for further replies.