Status
Not open for further replies.

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
apparently professional women with "standards"...

Mike-Tyson-clapping-and-laughing.gif

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Even cheap dates aren't cheap anymore…

Two tickets to a movie with popcorn and a drink will run you about 50 bucks today (in NYC anyway)

For a first date, a place like a coffee house or a bar might be the most reasonable choice…especially since 99% of women aint goin dutch

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Even cheap dates aren't cheap anymore…

Two tickets to a movie with popcorn and a drink will run you about 50 bucks today

For a first date, a place like a coffee house or a bar might be the most reasonable choice…especially since 99% of women aint goin dutch

try a dive bar. at least the drinks will be cheap. then take the broad to some activity outside. I know out here, if it's somewhat decent weather, u can hit up the lakefront, and that don't cost shyt.

even when I take the wife or fam to the movies, we go in the day time, when the tickets are only $6 a piece.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There is no "correct" amount to spend on a date, but I think $250 is excessive, unless you're already in a relationship with that person.
If you've got the money, more power to you, but that does start to move out of the range of "thoughtfulness" and into the range of "tricking."
I'm a college student, so of course that amount seems outlandish, but I'm also not Patrick Bateman and I don't plan on trying to make up for an deficiencies by spending lavishly on a date. I'll go out to dinner, and may be get wine, but most of what will be "impressive" will hopefully be a shared sense of humour, and thoughtful discussion/getting-to-know each other better.
Sounds like this guy dates women who don't really care about the date as much as they care about "talking" about the expense of the date.
Not good brehs.

Status
Not open for further replies.