Is Liggins the fukkING GOAT

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought this was going to be about taking any job available.

How many parents refuse a retail or fast food restaurant job and remain unemployed over pride?

Parents talk a lot about how they'll do anything for their child but they won't work the register at McDonalds. They won't sweep the kitchen floors at Applebee's. They won't stock the shelves at CVS.

But they'll sit at home complaining about lack of child support and making Instagram memes about bullsh&it.

And yes, they continue to date the same kinds of men & women that gave them that child to begin with.

I don't know how long OP wants single mothers to avoid relationships specifically, but is it really controversial to say that if you have a child at a young age and the father isn't around....that maybe you should take a step back, re-evaluate your life and your situation, get an education or some sort of skill, and not bring a new Taste of the Month around your child just because you're horny from time to time?

I don't think that is controversial.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Although it's a dated article (February 27), I think it represents everything that's wrong with a guy tricking on a date just to *maybe* impress a girl.. It's titled: Enough Already: If You Can’t Afford To Date Then Just Don’t Date

http://www.singleblackmale.org/2015/02/27/enough-already-cant-afford-date-just-dont-date/

Keep in mind, this article is written by a guy (:dwillhuh:) living in the DMV (:snoop:)....

From the article:
"If you want to date in a major city, be prepared to spend a pretty penny. Don’t let money control your decisions on the date. The way to be a gentleman is to figure out what she wants out of a date and do that. Don’t worry about the cost. Again, if you’re worried about the cost, you shouldn’t be dating. They say, “if you don’t got it, you don’t got it” for a reason.

When an article was published that stated the average man in DC spends $177 on a date, I thought to myself, “Sounds about right.” I did some quick math with a friend of mine.

Dinner for 2 at Oya followed by some fun activities in Chinatown DC:

Pre-dinner drinks: $10 x 2 = $20
Appetizers, entrees an dessert: $50 x 2 = $100
Drinks during dinner: $20 x 2 = $40
Fun and games at Penn Social (a bar with arcade games): $60
UberX the two of you home: $30

Total Cost: $250"

He then seemingly appears to give an out to men by stating:
"It’s important to note, not every date should cost this much. It’s important to note, it might and if you can’t afford to sustain it, then don’t start it. Over the course of the courtship she may offer to chip in or pay for something but don’t expect it.":ehh: Fair enough.

But then he ends by writing:
"Let’s be honest here, do you really want to start out your courtship at Applebee’s? Is that what you want the first impression to be? #cmonson. If you shortcut the first date, you’ll shortcut the relationship. If you hustle your way to the second date, you’ll hustle your way through the relationship. If you don’t feel like the person you’re dating deserves the best like in the courtship phase, then you won’t feel like they deserve the best when you’re with them. I’m not asking you to simp. I’m not asking you to enable gold diggers. What I’m attempting to say comes down to one simple concept; either go hard or go home." :dahell:

He also ends with this quote from an obscure CEO (Brandon Wade of WhatsYourPrice.com):
“The way a man spends his money is a reflection of his sincerity and character."

:scust:

My problem with the article is that the author (a man) is supporting the idea that men who refuse to take women on dates to expensive restaurants shouldn't date period and, thus, have no right to complain about dating. He also fails to acknowledge that there's a middle ground in terms of dating expenses. Moreover, he fails to acknowledge that not everybody has the same level of financial standing. His entire article reeks of content elitism.

With dudes like this guy castigating men for taking the "shortcut" on the first date and not going "hard" (i.e., busting out that wallet until there's nothing left), it's no wonder females feel entitled to expensive dates from every man they talk to.

What do you think, brehs and brehettes?

Last edited:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
A comment from another guy in the comment section:
"A friend of mine's father says that "it costs to care" basically meaning how we use our funds says a lot about how we feel about or prioritize someone. People just have to make it simple on themselves. Dates will cost simply because most of us like to drink and drinking can be pricey. Know this embrace this and spend money on someone you really have an interest in. When that genuine interest is there you really aren't thinking about the pockets as heavy. More guys have to take pride in providing a woman with the "experience." We have to set the bar so that if there's a next...we're hard to follow. Good stuff my guy."

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
First off the DC has a very high standard of living the avg brother makes well over the national average in America. My son's friend works for the government and makes 55k/year with paid vacations and that is 'poor' over there. So he's seeing it from that lens. But even then women make very good money as well so, it's not as if they can't do for themselves. But really the goal of dates is to get to know the person, not stunt on how much you make. While I don't think a 1st date should be at McDonalds, it doesn't have to be The Cheesecake Factory or Ramsey NY either. If a women has her eyes on your wallet she is not for you period.

But yea the dating game is getting out of control when it comes to spending money. I met my wife over a dirty slice of pizza and a grape soda and we watched 5 dollar matinee at the movies, and she snuck in 2 40's. I did pay for the date, but it didn't cost me more than 15 bucks. But all in all in 2015, dinner and a movie shouldn't cost more than 100 for everything.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Although it's a dated article (February 27), I think it represents everything that's wrong with a guy tricking on a date just to *maybe* impress a girl.. It's titled: Enough Already: If You Can’t Afford To Date Then Just Don’t Date

http://www.singleblackmale.org/2015/02/27/enough-already-cant-afford-date-just-dont-date/

Keep in mind, this article is written by a guy (:dwillhuh:) living in the DMV (:snoop:)....

From the article:
"If you want to date in a major city, be prepared to spend a pretty penny. Don’t let money control your decisions on the date. The way to be a gentleman is to figure out what she wants out of a date and do that. Don’t worry about the cost. Again, if you’re worried about the cost, you shouldn’t be dating. They say, “if you don’t got it, you don’t got it” for a reason.

When an article was published that stated the average man in DC spends $177 on a date, I thought to myself, “Sounds about right.” I did some quick math with a friend of mine.

Dinner for 2 at Oya followed by some fun activities in Chinatown DC:

Pre-dinner drinks: $10 x 2 = $20
Appetizers, entrees an dessert: $50 x 2 = $100
Drinks during dinner: $20 x 2 = $40
Fun and games at Penn Social (a bar with arcade games): $60
UberX the two of you home: $30

Total Cost: $250"

He then seemingly appears to give an out by a man by stating:
"It’s important to note, not every date should cost this much. It’s important to note, it might and if you can’t afford to sustain it, then don’t start it. Over the course of the courtship she may offer to chip in or pay for something but don’t expect it.":ehh: Fair enough.

But then he ends by writing:
"Let’s be honest here, do you really want to start out your courtship at Applebee’s? Is that what you want the first impression to be? #cmonson. If you shortcut the first date, you’ll shortcut the relationship. If you hustle your way to the second date, you’ll hustle your way through the relationship. If you don’t feel like the person you’re dating deserves the best like in the courtship phase, then you won’t feel like they deserve the best when you’re with them. I’m not asking you to simp. I’m not asking you to enable gold diggers. What I’m attempting to say comes down to one simple concept; either go hard or go home." :dahell:

He also ends with this quote from an obscure CEO (Brandon Wade of WhatsYourPrice.com):
“The way a man spends his money is a reflection of his sincerity and character."

My problem with the article is that the author (a man) is supporting the idea that men who refuse to take women on dates to expensive restaurants shouldn't date period and, thus, have no right to complain about dating. He also fails to acknowledge that there's a middle ground in terms of dating expenses. Moreover, he fails to acknowledge that not everybody has the same level of financial standing. His entire article reeks of content elitism.

With dudes like this guy castigating men for taking the "shortcut" on the first date and not going "hard" (i.e., busting out that wallet until there's nothing left), it's no wonder females feel entitled to expensive dates from every man they talk to.

What do you think, brehs and brehettes?

Where the fukk are they eating at that a 2 person meal runs 100 bucks? Take that bytch to Applebees.

Status
Not open for further replies.