Is Liggins the fukkING GOAT

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
This thread is depressing and divisive. Yet it does have a tinge of uncomfortable truth to it. I mean it goes both ways and exudes common sense. Brothers and sisters need to stop following stereotypical dating patterns which limit their scope and net they can cast to get a mate within our race. It is a self inflicted fatality that you do to yourself, when you seek out a specific % of a certain "kind", which as we see has not turned out well for our community, because we have sisters steering themselves towards a hardened swagged out image of what a man is supposed to be and the community is not showing any fruitful results from these choices.......maybe time to change your choices sisters....:usure:

Yes, this thread does make me somewhat sad hearing different accounts from posters all with their very sobering opinions and experiences. I know we black men/women have our faults but damn...there are outside factions, of different races that probably frequent this site out of curiosity and are smiling with satisfaction at our dysfunction.

It also makes me wonder if those same factions on their own forums are chopping each other down with such vitriol?

Maybe I'm living on a cloud but there's nothing more powerful than black love. Somewhere, somehow, something insidious has diverted us all from that fact...and here we are. :snoop:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I think there is truth to this assertion. What else explains why black women value rank average black men as Untouchables and Average-Anything-Else as higher than that? But maybe it's deeper than that. Maybe rank average black men are seen as less as a function of their being less. After all, isn't an average black man poorer than another man (not necessarily his fault his ancestors were slaves and he was born into being a disenfranchised minority, but do women really care about all that)? Isn't he seen as less by other parts of society? Maybe black women just internalize what the rest of society thinks. An average black man is seen in many circles as less than an average white man (maybe not physically but in other ways). Maybe black women internalize and project this black male inferiority complex.
He told me black women don't like men they can't control and manipulate And don't like being held accountable for their mistaked So on one hand they want a leader that acts as their guard dog while they act as the uncriticizable power behind the throne.

He had just yelled at his black wife for messing up some real estate paperwork and then tryin to act like it was no big deal n getting attitude when he attempted to correct her so maybe he was just in his feelings :russ:

I don't know any young black males who are king if their households. All gettin bossed around.

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
@Always-Right Liggins Why hasn't his thread been thrown in the bushes, it is another anti-black women thread?
A thread talking about: Why Black Women Have to Swirl would've been thrown in the bushes 2 pages in :stopitslime:
All of these threads need to die an early death it is always the same people arguing about the same stuff :mindblown:, lame brehs talking shyt about black women and brehettes getting offended and trying to defend black women, going back and forth.
Ladies please leave this thread it is bait/troll thread meant to lure you in here so these brehs could argue with you. Let them argue amongst themselves.

It probably is a "bait" thread, but the shyt in the OP while divisive by face value, does have truth to it, that needs to be addressed.There are really people within our race who are hurt deeply so much by their other half, that they are running "blindly" into the arms of another race like a damn fool, but they think they hit Gold...... Arguing only takes place, when people don't want to change...

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Men have to pursue women. I guy can't tell a woman he likes, "I want to date/fukk you" and that's it.

Women, on the other hand, choose from among those who pursue them.

This is basic knowledge.
But men choose the women they pursue. A lot of guys are blinded by the outside package then get disappointed when that shyt is filled with styrofoam on the inside. I just think that one group should take full blame. I can acknowledge that i made bad decisions in my dating life. I dont know why some people just can't accept that its not always someone else's fault. Especially if you have found your so called white queen or whatever and are still out there being bitter towards people you should give two shyts about anyway.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Nice deflection.

:mjlol: Saying black couples meet in grad school is like saying people win the lottery every day. Sure it happens but it's unlikely. Which is sad, given that you would think a black man would be able to find a suitable girlfriend/wife in grad school.
I think it's extremely rare in this day and age where people actually meet their wives/husbands in undergrad or grad school.

Back in the 50's [white] women primarily went to college to meet their future husbands...but in this day and age? Nah, it's extremely rare.

A lot of today's women (white or black) are trying to live like men...they go to college, they want careers and then they want to have "fun" while they are single and then settle down at a later date. Unfortunately for women, they are working against father time.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
But men choose the women they pursue. A lot of guys are blinded by the outside package then get disappointed when that shyt is filled with styrofoam on the inside. I just think that one group should take full blame. I can acknowledge that i made bad decisions in my dating life. I dont know why some people just can't accept that its not always someone else's fault. Especially if you have found your so called white queen or whatever and are still out there being bitter towards people you should give two shyts about anyway.

Men are more open to pursuing different types of women than women are to choosing different types of men.

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yes, this thread does make me somewhat sad hearing different accounts from posters all with their very sobering opinions and experiences. I know we black men/women have our faults but damn...there are outside factions, of different races that probably frequent this site out of curiosity and are smiling with satisfaction at our dysfunction.

It also makes me wonder if those same factions on their own forums are chopping each other down with such vitriol?

Maybe I'm living on a cloud but there's nothing more powerful than black love. Somewhere, somehow, something insidious has diverted us all from that fact...and here we are. :snoop:

Its a troll thread, but the problem with "trolls" is that their content has to be persuasive, which means, they have to go after something that's actually TRUE, to reel you in. I mean it is true that there is a contingent of our people that are running to other races after being rejected by their other half, and it is concerning and damaging to be honest.

Tae

All Star
Daps
It probably is a "bait" thread, but the shyt in the OP while divisive by face value, does have truth to it, that needs to be addressed.There are really people within our race who are hurt deeply so much by their other half, that they are running "blindly" into the arms of another race like a damn fool, but they think they hit Gold...... Arguing only takes place, when people don't want to change...

And you think a valuable conversation will be had on The Coli. :comeon:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
As I've said ad nauseum, the majority of women pursue the same type of guy (whether he's the best looking or the "most likely to succeed" type of guy). Even with the shortage of black men in grad programs, black women in those same programs will generally compete with each other for that alpha dude. This behavior doesn't cease just because its a grad school environment.

Eh, I'll concede.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like?

Money? Swag? Props?

I live in Miami I'm around broke married men of other races all day, nikkas who on their level are single.

I can tell you that this is the case not just in Miami, but in many places. I see the same thing where I live too. That is, I see "almost broke or broke" black men walking on the street with NO WOMAN on his arm. Meanwhile the SAME non-black dude has a woman.

So yeah, I think black women only go down with black men with or/either money, swag, props, etc. The black women who lose these sweepstakes pretty much see the leftover broke black men as no bueno, and then start whining or looking elsewhere. This is why Is say that black women have many choices; they just neglect them.

Last edited:

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Its a troll thread, but the problem with "trolls" is that their content has to be persuasive, which means, they have to go after something that's actually TRUE, to reel you in. I mean it is true that there is a contingent of our people that are running to other races after being rejected by their other half, and it is concerning and damaging to be honest.
Ah, got it.

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b
How is it an agenda? It's natural and right to be with your own women.

Why would you go looking for your life partner in the enemys camp?

Why is it natural? Why is any other race an enemy? Most altercations I ever had in my life have sadly come from my own race. Are they the enemy? :lolbron:

Status
Not open for further replies.