Is Liggins the fukkING GOAT

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
To me, corny and lame don't always go hand in hand but I'd say a corny dude would be the Carlton Banks, Tiger Woods, Russell Wilson types while a lame would be a guy who tries to hard instead of just being himself.

So you would give the booty to the corny dude?

Urchin

Banned
Daps

It's true though. I've come to the conclusion that Black men can't handle integration, look at what happens as soon as they got it here in America. Look at what happened to many African countries as soon as the West started taking them in. I read somewhere that there are more Ethiopian doctors in the West than there are in Ethiopia. A brain drain occurred as soon as Africans were allowed to enter Europe. A brain drain is underway in Jamaica right now because after independence, the best and the brightest Jamaicans went to England, Canada and America. After American integration, Black men conveniently forgot about the centuries of abuse they suffered at the hands of cacs and turned around and went to cac neighborhoods and stopped creating Black wealth in Black communities now we got Asians, Hispanics and Indians eating good off Black communities.

Black men cannot handle integration and the best thing that cacs did for us was to force them to stay in their own communitiies. Tell me I'm lying.:yeshrug:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
That is true.

We even had respectable black women rapping with U N I T Y song being at its peak.

Now we have mainly sexualization of black women rappers like Nicki Minaj
And I truly believe Nicki Minaj would make a U N I T Y type song if she could but how would she eat? Artists don't sell anymore these days as it is even with all the ratchetness they promote. You gotta love what you do but at the end of the day its a job. Like Talib Kwelli said "my kids cant eat my love of hip hop"

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps
To me, corny and lame don't always go hand in hand but I'd say a corny dude would be the Carlton Banks, Tiger Woods, Russell Wilson types while a lame would be a guy who tries to hard instead of just being himself.
So what's so "wrong" with being "corny"? Why a dude gotta have a thug persona, tattoos to gain y'all's acknowledgement

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
:dead:

What island you from
Haiti. And trust me when i tell you my school years were not the best. I still have some hang ups when it comes to black americans but i know not to tar everyone with the same brush. Corny? Pshhhh how bout having a accent, being poor and wearing barettes in your hair till you almost in high school. That shyt only made my skin tougher. It also made me appreciate genuine people who got love for me even tho i was different.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
And I truly believe Nicki Minaj would make a U N I T Y type song if she could but how would she eat? Artists don't sell anymore these days as it is even with all the ratchetness they promote. You gotta love what you do but at the end of the day its a job. Like Talib Kwelli said "my kids cant eat my love of hip hop"
Then it would be up to us to support the good artists.

It all comes back to us supporting our own

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL:pachaha: TBH I get wayyyy more looks from sistahs when I have my pelle pelle leather jacket on
than when I'm dressing like carlton banks. No shade just calling it how I see it.
It is what it is I guess :yeshrug:

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
Here we go again :snoop:. Define " corny" and define "having swag".

Corny= People who have similar personalities to the likes of "kent," or "white," black boys (& this is actually ironic for me since people claim I act like a "white," black girl lol).
Swag= Your whole demeanor (more than just fashion) I'm not attracted to guys who I can tell are insecure, not confident,etc.& This is not to say you have to be the loudest,proudest in the room (because arrogance & attention seekers turns me off as well) I like the humble, confident, "I don't have to say it because deep down inside I know I'm the sh*t," types.You can be shy or outgoing,but I don't want to sense that you're not confident,insecure,etc.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
So what's so "wrong" with being "corny"? Why a dude gotta have a thug persona, tattoos to gain y'all's acknowledgement
If there's one thing folks on here know about me, it's my love and adoration for Russell Wilson :dead: so obviously I have no problem with corny dudes, they just always seem to exclusively date IR.

Urchin

Banned
Daps
The seeds were planted during Vietnam with the influx of heroin in our community which just so happened to coincide with the Civil Right Movement smh. We were progressing and regressing at the same time. Reagan was just the nail in the coffin.

As far as music goes I blame the people that control the music we hear more than the artists themselves. Late 80s early 90s conscious hip hop was everywhere and they were eating. Even on the Chronic you got pro black material. At the same time HBCUs were getting a ton of exposure. The powers that be simply made it hard for these kinds of rappers to eat

Black men sold their souls for cac dollars. Thug culture and its music was created by Black men and their Jewish promoters to get suburban cac dollars and destroy Black neighborhoods. If you let another race of man manipulate you like that then you have no one but yourselves to blame. Think you going to convince Jews to sing trash music to their own people so that you can enrich the Black community? That would never happen. Black men on the other hand? :scust:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I already have plenty of them. Problem is, if you don't travel, you subjected to bullshyt. Why else these ratchet ass dysfunctional people get all the damn attention?

In Jamaica, if you live outside of Kingston or Spanish Town and act ratchet, you are done. Only in America, is dysfunction rewarded.

Then leave America.

Status
Not open for further replies.