Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yea when I gained muscle my doc told me I was overweight. NOT FAT but overweight. There's a difference and people not knowing.

If you aren't a certain weight for your height, you're deemed over weight. It lacks context and, therefore, isn't applicable to some people.

Yea exactly

Those are lebron James stats I posted in the calculator pic right now, he's "overweight" and 2 points away from being obese :bryan:how many athletes are in better physical shape than lebron?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
"Yeah man those are CAC measurements all 82% of our queens would be fit and thick under our own definition" -Coli nikka

:usure:

Can we be real here for a minute though? Yes I'm well aware that having a natural thick figure can make scales like these seem silly and off. That doesn't explain 82% though. Most women, black women included, aren't walking around with double D's, fat ass, wide hips, thin waist, they are the exception not the rule. And though we have more of that than other ethnicities its damn sure not 82% :usure:. For some of y'all claiming to be black and hate CAC measurements, y'all acting like a lot of the black women in your own family don't clearly fit into this statistic. I love them, but a lot of women in my family damn sure do.

You're talking off of ass here, nobody is saying anything like that. Who's gonna sit here and say with a straight face that there's not a lot of fat people out here

It's fact that black people on average have more lean body mass in general than other races. More lean body mass = more weight and that isn't accounted for

I just posted arguably the best athlete in the world in his best physical shape being classified as over weight and you still want to argue the methods being used to test people :heh:

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the food.:francis: Delicious food is always the unhealthiest & the lack of exercise.These things impact the obesity rates in the black community as a whole, both the men & the women.

I have a good friend (who is over weight) who would always add salt to her food every time we went on a lunch or dinner date...it's little things like that, that make all the difference! & Even though I shouldn't do this,I silently judge obese people in the grocery store when I see them with all these sugary,fatty foods in their carts.I was in the dollar tree the other day & I was behind this over weight man who had 4 sodas & 4 snickers bars in the checkout. :ld:
:lupe:

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
I can't remember exactly where but I read somewhere that black people tend to have a slightly higher average bmi range compared to other races. So, some of them might be showing up as overweight based on white peoples' standards rather than black peoples' ones.

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
You're talking off of ass here, nobody is saying anything like that. Who's gonna sit here and say with a straight face that there's not a lot of fat people out here

It's fact that black people on average have more lean body mass in general than other races. More lean body mass = more weight and that isn't accounted for

I just posted arguably the best athlete in the world in his best physical shape being classified as over weight and you still want to argue the methods being used to test people :heh:

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make though. You and others on this site will pick an outlier and use that as a barometer for all black people. We KNOW an athlete can easily be classified as overweight but most of us aren't world class athletes. And then you guys use these outliers to downplay the fact that obesity is a huge issue in our community. More mass or not, 82% is not good.

Arc

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bring me keira knightly and kylie jenner. I'm good. None of my concern. I have many flavors of ice cream to pick from.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
GcX2SrLU.jpg

pD4VEs3Y.jpg

PsmJ9k1d.jpg

66H2HyNO.jpg

:ohlawd:
Most obese arent shaped like this tho

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That's exactly the point I'm trying to make though. You and others on this site will pick an outlier and use that as a barometer for all black people. We KNOW an athlete can easily be classified as overweight but most of us aren't world class athletes. And then you guys use these outliers to downplay the fact that obesity is a huge issue in our community. More mass or not, 82% is not good.

I just used the athlete as an example. The testing used remains the same regardless of that, I just said I'm not an a pro athlete or anything close to it but I'm obese under their classifications and I guarantee I'm in better shape physically than 99% of the population.

And once again, I've been a personal trainer over a decade and have done 1000s of physical assessments which include BMI testing. being overweight and unhealthy is a big problem but to say over 8/10 black women are is a stretch.

There's too many variables involved and the testing is too all encompassing to give it any validity. But that's on you to do your own research if you don't believe it, don't comment and make definitive statements on topic that you're ignorant on outside of some numbers being posted.

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
I just used the athlete as an example. The testing used remains the same regardless of that, I just said I'm not an a pro athlete or anything close to it but I'm obese under their classifications and I guarantee I'm in better shape physically than 99% of the population.

And once again, I've been a personal trainer over a decade and have done 1000s of physical assessments which include BMI testing. being overweight and unhealthy is a big problem but to say over 8/10 black women are is a stretch.

There's too many variables involved and the testing is too all encompassing to give it any validity. But that's on you to do your own research if you don't believe it, don't comment and make definitive statements on topic that you're ignorant on outside of some numbers being posted.

Now you're upset. :mjlol:

No one said anything about definites and if I did please point them out.

All I said is people try to downplay obesity in our community with black people have larger mass angle. FACT

Not everyone who is overweight in the black community is a victim of larger mass. FACT.

I even stated in my first post that I realize our natural mass throws off that statistic but it certainly doesn't explain the whole 82%

No where did I say that the statistic was 100% accurate and that natural mass in black people wasn't a factor. :francis:

You're all in your feelings and nothing I said was wrong or inaccurate :mjlol:

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this.... yall love to pretend there aren't a ton of fat black chicks roaming about.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Now you're upset. :mjlol:

No one said anything about definites and if I did please point them out.

All I said is people try to downplay obesity in our community with black people have larger mass angle. FACT

Not everyone who is overweight in the black community is a victim of larger mass. FACT.

I even stated in my first post that I realize our natural mass throws off that statistic but it certainly doesn't explain the whole 82%

No where did I say that the statistic was 100% accurate and that natural mass in black people wasn't a factor. :francis:

You're all in your feelings and nothing I said was wrong or inaccurate :mjlol:

Why would I be in my feelings? I assumed we were having an discussion. You must be in your feelings because I said you were ignorant on the topic, which is the truth. I didn't mean it in a derogatory way but if you get mad you get mad :why:

All I'm saying is 'I got got some fat black women in my family and I've seen a lot of fat girls so 82% of ~20 million people are fat must be kinda true' is terrible logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.