Is Liggins the fukkING GOAT

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
why is it a "reach" to say he was talking about bw, but the whole first page is full of male posters acting as if the line is about him being on the pro-natural hair train concerning bw?

there is a belief that full bw cannot grow hair.
there is a belief that bw with long hair is wearing a weave or mixed race.

chris brown is not exactly what i'd call pro-black when it doesn't directly benefit him
cbcolortweet550.jpg

lastly, you guys cannot tell a group you do not belong to what they are allowed to be upset about.

It is a total reach based on the responses from the females in this thread. They automatically took offense to the song, even tho Chris brown said nothing about black women :pachaha:

Black women tell me all the time that black women aren't the only chicks to wear weave. So should Latino, white and Asian females take offense to the song too :why:

Lastly, anybody who thinks that bw can't grow long hair is a complete idiot and is most likely not black. :skip: What black person you know actually believes that bullshyt :heh:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
:salute:Im shocked nobody said this. Black American culture specifically has influenced every music genre, every culture in some form, to the point

hip hop has been adopted in some form or fashion by everybody. A lot of beautiful things come out of Africa, but Black America set the biggest trends for decades

now. The black man's love for black women and her beauty are exactly why these women are out here getting more afro-centric friendly looks.

This shyt certainly wasn't started by white men:heh:

This "Black men hate Black women" shyt:camby: Couldn't be further from the truth.

The :heh: about it though. Was that white men and black men were on the same page once upon a time, as it pertains to liking curvier women. (See Marilyn Monroe)

Than they veered off into some other shyt. Black men always stayed true to our nature

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure what the funniest part of this is:

a) the fact that isn't that important
b) the fact that this is what it took to make people was their hands of Chris Brown
c) the fact that people who presumably don't even have fake hair got offended
d) the fact that this is seen as an indictment of just black women, knowing that if other
women who wear weave took offense and tried to jump on this outrage wave their
deposits would be rejected

I'm sorry but I don't agree.

Just because this is a small issue and people are speaking out about it doesn't mean they are placing this issue on a pedestal. People have capacity to care about a multitude of issues, we're not dogs.

It's offensive and in bad taste. BW have a cruel history of hair shaming by non blacks and blacks, let's not act oblivious. There are people who can't grow hair because of illnesses, what about them?

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:sas1: Are yall ready to accept the baldheads and those without edges ?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

Just because this is a small issue and people are speaking out about it doesn't mean they are placing this issue on a pedestal. People have capacity to care about a multitude of issues, we're not dogs.

It's offensive and in bad taste. BW have a cruel history of hair shaming by non blacks and blacks, let's not act oblivious. There are people who can't grow hair because of illnesses, what about them?

Who is the song offensive to? :what:
Do you really think Chris Brown made a song intended to insult and disrespect people with terminal illnesses that lose their hair? Now THATS a fukkin reach :dead:

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal

nikka, what about them? is that really a concern?

i dont like fat bytches. but what about women with thyroid problems, what about them? man...i dont give a fukk. we're talkin about places where i want to stick my dikk...we're not talking about equal rights for job opportunities.

Superstar
Daps
It is a total reach based on the responses from the females in this thread. They automatically took offense to the song, even tho Chris brown said nothing about black women :pachaha:

Black women tell me all the time that black women aren't the only chicks to wear weave. So should Latino, white and Asian females take offense to the song too :why:

Lastly, anybody who thinks that bw can't grow long hair is a complete idiot and is most likely not black. :skip: What black person you know actually believes that bullshyt :heh:

so it is just the women reaching? it was not a reach to think the line was about bw when the male posters said he was team natural hair even tho his line doesn't mention natural hair?

a group does not need to be explicitly named for the statement to be prejudice or racist. if a cac tells u they hope u get stopped by the cops you wouldn't take that as racial?

are non-bw stereotyped when it comes to weave? is there a belief they can't grow hair? if there was, then bw wouldn't feel the need to voice those statements about non-bw. does chris brown have a history of saying racist things against non-bw?

i've been asked and taunted about hair my whole life by people who look like chris brown to akon.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Who is the song offensive to? :what:
Do you really think Chris Brown made a song intended to insult and disrespect people with terminal illnesses that lose their hair? Now THATS a fukkin reach :dead:
It's about ethical awareness and principle . A cac may not intend to insult you but that does not make the what they say any less insulting.

It's not a fukking reach if you having any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.