• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
My parents have been married for over 35 years and have managed to raise 3 college educated and graduated siblings. Therefore i find this thread title and op offensive.

Negged.
I am happy for you. Doesn't change what this thread is about. Be honest how many black peers that you grew up with can say the same?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
@Yup I disagree. My parents have been married going on20 years next year. My parents have raise me with nothing but the highest of standards. Hell sex is still a taboo topic and all of us (my sisters & I) are all adults. The other day my momma was curling my hair watching some lame ass Hallmark channel movie about some chick getting married & she told me that marriage isn't about the wedding& getting married it's about staying married. I told her that I agree & that out of her close circle of friends her marriage is the only that is still strong.

The same when it comes to parenting, when I have to help out with my niece I use similiar techniques that was used on me as a kid. From doing homework first after school & encouraging other whenshe feels defeated and letting her know she is loved no matter what. Raised by strong & loving black parents.

I am happy for you. I don't think on average black parents parent black children well. That doesn't mean that there aren't good black parents out there.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You don't have to lie to kick it. People can easily scroll back to read what I actually wrote.

:what:

Thread Title = Black people suck at parenting and relationships

Some of us really need relationship counselling/coaching because we seriously suck at it.

I see far more effort made by whites to bond outside of sex. Actually doing activities that bring each other closer.

As for kids....seen too many black people not treat their children as an investment and raise them to serve them.

The first fukkin post.... :dead:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am happy for you. Doesn't change what this thread is about. Be honest how many black peers that you grew up with can say the same?

How does it NOT???

This thread is about how being black is the reason why people suck at parenting and relationships.
He gives an anecdote (which is just as credible as yours) that says otherwise
And you dismiss it because it doesn't suit your narrative.

I might have to leave this thread, @Yup is legit the first poster that has actually annoyed me on this site :wow:

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Ehh, I think overall other parents do invest and set things up for their children better than better than black parents(generally speaking of course ) but that has more to do with socio-economics and lack of information than some inherent flaw.

I mean we talk about all the damn time on here. People bringing children into the world with no stability, no resources and no support. That sucks.

Ofcourse there's only so much a parent can do.

my mom's neighbor (who is white)was a complete helicopter mom who invested in her son's heavily and one of the sons just got locked up with cocaine possession :manny: some people will just fall through the cracks

Most black parents with resources and information do take responsibility for their children the same as every other ethnic group so like I said it has nothing to do with us as a people
I believe that's the underlying assumption that is rubbing the posters the wrong way, like there is some essential, genetically ingrained flaw with black people (or more specifically Western black people) that prevents us from "doing right." Obviously there's not, and you can't deny the multitude of causes that lead to the crisis we have had and continue to have, and that is that we through years of policy, violence, psychological warfare and the general division within our ranks, exist in a fractured state.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
This pretty much sums up everything about yup.

You presume a lot. I grew up in black communities for the first 10 yeas of my life surrounded by black African couples. I can count one how many marriages lasted after years of marriage today. Two of my childhood friends, can no longer take student loans because their parents borrowed under their name and screwed their credit. The dad ran away to Congo to run from President and rto run away from the Canadian government.

Two male childhood friends are now gangsters in Ottawa and have a rap sheet of murders/etc..their parents just lived off welfare and the father hit on married women in front of his wife. A real sleaze...even tried to hit on my mom.

These are African families....I have stories for days.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
How does it NOT???

This thread is about how being black is the reason why people suck at parenting and relationships.
He gives an anecdote (which is just as credible as yours) that says otherwise
And you dismiss it because it doesn't suit your narrative.

I might have to leave this thread, @Yup is legit the first poster that has actually annoyed me on this site :wow:
This thread is about how rife dysfunctional relationships exist among black people and how many black children reap because adults are unable to carry a mature relationship to ensure that their kids have better future.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Some of us really need relationship counselling/coaching because we seriously suck at it. People think that sexing is all it takes to maintain a relationship.

I see far more effort made by whites to bond outside of sex. Actually doing activities that bring each other closer.

As for kids....seen too many black people not treat their children as an investment and raise them to serve them. If you are not investing in child's future and parenting your child as a team than you are expediating another statistic.
You don't have to lie to kick it. People can easily scroll back to read what I actually wrote.
What lie?

:sas2:

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
I don't understand how it is trolling to say that many black people suck at relationships and need to sincerely consider counselling/coaching for how to maintain black household and raise black children. Are we so up our own arse that we cannot acknowledge that?

It is clear that you don't understand that having a modicum of respect has a great impact on how well your message is received.

Did you really think that inflammatory title and disrespectful word choices in your post would open the door to a serious discussion?

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People dont like their stuff to be called out, thats typical. If we are going to do a poll of how many black postes come from single parent household or have a baby mama or cannot seriously commit to a relationship all this will be aparent. Shall we?
I think you worded your title wrong cuz every parent wants their offspring to do well for themselves. Black parents don't suck at raising children. That's ridiculous and disrespectful. Some try to do the best they can with the little resources that they have which is not always enough.

Plus I've seen middle and upper middle class whites asian and black kids crasH only to have their parents pick em back up and get em back on their feet. If you come from a poor family with no connections and information no matter how well they raised you, if you make one major mistake you might be down and out for the rest of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.